Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Here for a hockey tournament. The location of this hotel is a little scary. It is right downtown and I never realized how bad downtown London is. People from London were like "you're staying where?", so it's a pretty bad neighbourhood, but close to the London Fair rink. The hotel was nice. Front desk staff was friendly and we were provided with a hospitality (meeting)room to cook meals for the team. Housekeeping even cleaned this room for us - there were fresh tablecloths put on each day. The hotel rooms were pretty small, but nice, comfy and very clean. Breakfast was good and was constantly being restocked. Parking is not the best, but you can park underneath which was nice because it was raining. I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

momof3hockeyboys,
Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor review up about your recent stay with our hotel.
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and would also return.
We look forward to being able to accommodate you again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for 1 month and the experience was fantastic, highly recommended.

There is a kitchen for you to cook and the breakfast is free with hot pancakes served every morning! Covered parking is also free.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Vasudevan M,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown.
It is nice that you choose our hotel for your extended stay and I am glad that you enjoyed your time here.
Next time you are in the area I hope that we are lucky enough to accommodate you again.
Thanks again

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in this hotel a few times. It is walking distance to major attractions, we usually come to London for concerts. We park our car at hotel and walk to downtown. Plenty of restaurants around hotel and hotel is a clean and good value for a price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bolzeba
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

bolzeba,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown.
It is always pleasing to read such nice comments and I am glad that you enjoy your stay with us so much that you continue to return.
Thank you again and we look forward to accommodating you again when you come to London, Ontario.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose the holiday inn for new years night and this hotel and staff has managed to ruin our experience. Would NOT recommend this hotel to ANYBODY. Our room had long hairs on the shower and washroom floor as well as dirty and broken furniture. Staff slipped our bill under the door (without speaking to us)with an additional 250 smoking fee although we were not smoking in our room at any time. I laugh when I read the mangager's comments on past reviews saying "sorry" because this was unnecessary and their staff has no customer service skills in person. The hotel is a money grab so be prepared spend more than the rate given.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank mamo444

mamo444,
I am truly sorry for the bad experience you said you had with our hotel on New Years Eve.
I will be talking to the staff we had on during the duration of your stay with us to get a better idea of the situation.
If you would like to discuss this further please call me at the hotel anything between 9-5 Monday to Friday. If at all possible I would also like to know what room you were in so that I may take a look at the furniture condition myself as this does come as a surprise since we have preventative maintenance in all rooms monthly.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently stayed for a night with some friends, and had a wonderful time! The staff were excellent, and the rooms very clean. We had a room overlooking the parking desk, and it was so nice and quiet. There were other guests on the floor, and while we could hear them when they were in the halls, you would never know there was someone beside us. It was that quiet. Our room had a fridge which was a nice touch (not all hotels have them), and the breakfast in the morning was great. The only downsides was that our heat decided it didn`t want to work, but the night manager came up right away, and it started back up. The other downside was how early the breakfast stopped being served. We would have like to sleep in a bit and eaten later vs being up and downstairs by 9am to eat.

I would definitely stay at this property again, and I recommend it very highly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catgirl21
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Catgirl21,
Thank you for writing such a Wonderful reveiw about your stay with us.
I am sorry it looks as though it took a very long time to respond but your review just showed up with the date of March 1, 2013 in my inbox.
I am glad that you enjoyed everything in the hotel and any issues were attended too. I will definitely talk to the Manager in charge of Breakfast to see if it is worthwile to have it stay open later, mayebthis is an ongoing issue with guests that I have not heard about.
Thank you again for taking the time to fill out this review and we ook forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Expect the typical Holiday Inn standard with all basic toiletries available. The staff was friendly in handling my check-in process, the room is small yet clean, the price is reasonable with complimentary breakfast, and the location wise is quite good.

Nevertheless, I stayed in a room facing towards Dundas Street and having uncomfortable nights with them as it was too noisy with the traffic noise. I have no other issue with this hotel except the room. Suggest avoiding a room near to the main road and everything else would be fine.

Room Tip: Avoiding rooms near to the main road
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelvin M
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Kelvin M,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and if we get the pleasure of being your accommodations while in London again please do not hesitate to request a room facing the parking lot so that the noise from the street does not keep you awake again.

Have a fantastic Holiday Season and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel was clean, comfortable, and had a great location. Secure parking provided, although it is a tight squeeze in the underground lot. The room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was mostly of good quality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

H K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a such a nice review about our hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you staying with us again if your travels bring you back to London, Ontario.