I am writing this from the hotel room. I would leave but I am here on business with 6 other people and it is 10pm - too late to leave and many other hotels in the area were booked solid (no wonder this one was available). I have switched rooms 5 times and have not found a clean one. The mattress covers/bed skirts are all covered in other peoples hair (small, black hairs...). The room I am currently in also has a mattress cover with a broken zipper which should never have been placed on a bed - this should have been discarded or fixed. The carpets are not vaccuumed well either and there are clear pile ups of debris along all edges. One room I made a brief stop in wreaked of smoke despite this being a non-smoking facility. Though that isn't the hotels fault - it is still not acceptable. Another room had clear evidence of nasal fluids smeared on the walls beside the bed. Many of the walls in the hallways and in the rooms are marked up and need to be re-wallpapered.
I have been travelling a lot lately for work and have not had this issue at the other places I have stayed nor have I ever felt the need to write a review on a hotel before.
The front desk staff were fine with switching me but they do not have anyone in housekeeping on staff past 5pm and therefore it was not possible to request a room be properly cleaned (and properly cleaning rooms is evidently not something they practice here).
While I am listing flaws - The rooms are small/the furniture is too large so there is not much room to move around or put luggage (I recently stayed at a Hampton Inn in North Bay which was clean and had very nice large rooms).
The fridge and microwave in room are the only plusses but given the fact nothing is clean I dont plan on bringing food anywhere near this place. The TV is also nice - newer flatscreen but Id rather sleep in a tent and for-go basic cable ...too bad its below zero outside.
Other reviews noting the location as being terrible are spot on - this is not known to be a very nice area and the parking garage is NOT secure. Don't walk alone at night anywhere near here!
I have stayed at another Holiday Inn in Pennsylvania and it was very nice - I had expected the same from the brand but evidently that is asking too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For your pleasure, our excellent London accommodations offer you free high-speed wireless Internet access and a complimentary hot breakfast. Our hotel amenities also include a fitness centre & a business centre. We hope you will explore our exceptional London hotel deals and rates as you start planning your trip to London, Ontario today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites London Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express London
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown Ontario