“Lots of Character”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 6, 2006

We stayed at the Delta while attending a conference and were very pleased with this hotel. The old character of the armouries was maintained while still being clean and modern. The lobby was small, but nicely decorated. The elevators were very fast and had glass windows and a dark wood and mirrored interior. The pool area was very nice with bricked tiered areas, a wading pool and fountain, hottub and warm swimming pool. There is a fantastic play room for small children. The rooms were clean and had nice decor. The beds were very comfy with pillowtop mattresses, good quality linens, and duvets. They also had a small fridge and free internet. The marble bathrooms are large and have good lighting and an extending makeup mirror. This hotel is less than a block away from the Hilton and convention center. I liked this hotel better than the Hilton where our conference was and I was glad they were sold out and we had to get a room at the delta. There is lots of parking and shopping and restaurants are an easy walk. This is a very solid 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank msb
There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Reviewed October 19, 2006

My wife and I travelled to London for a weekend away. The rates at the Delta were a little more than we were planning to spend but we thought we would splurg. We are happy we did!!

When we drove up to the entrance, we were immediately greeted by an employee who opened my wifes door and welcomed us to the hotel. Efficently, our luggage was unloaded (without us asking) and the employee took care of our car ($12). The lady at the front desk was very pleasant. At the time of making the reservation, my wife asked for a high floor. The girl at the front desk confirmed that she had the request and we were given a room on the 16th floor. The room was immaculate! The room had a queen size bed, full duvet, 4 Large pillows (my wife purchased two from the hotel she liked them so much), comfortable bathrobe and was the cleanest hotel room we have every been in.

We had dinner in the Armouries Grille restauarant and it was excellent! After the entres were delivered, the chef came to our table to see how our meal was.

On the Saturday we went shopping. We returned to the room to find a 2 bottles of coke on ice, and a note from the house keeper, Maria, saying that she found the empty coke that my wife had left and thought she would replenish it. My wife brought the coke from home... It wasn't bought at the hotel. We have never experienced service like this!!

Everytime we walked through the lobby, employees were asking us how are stay was. Everyone was smiling and friendly.

We will definately be be returning to the Delta in London and will recommend it to anyone. We truely felt like we were being pampered!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cor82
Reviewed September 4, 2006

When I booked this hotel for Labour Day night on Priceline, I wasn't sure what to expect. The report immediately previous to this one concerned me. Happily, I had a better experience than that reviewer. The room assigned - 1007 - was gorgeous and huge, with *2* king size beds. Unfortunately, that nonsmoking room had been recently occupied by a heavy smoker. The front desk cheerfully moved us, and sent a bellman to assist us. The next room assigned - 1415 - was smaller, having 2 queen beds and a single easy chair. However, it was much better from our point of view, since there was no smoke smell - or any other smell, for that matter. We found the housekeeping thorough. The room's large entry hall, with mirror and half moon table, was a nice touch, as was the well fitted wardrobe (with light that automatically turned on when the door was opened). We did not make use of internet access, but the connections were convenient and easy to find. There was a power strip with extra available electrical outlets - a real rarity in most hotel rooms! The small refrigerator worked well, as did the in room coffee pot. It seems to me that most of these are either too grungy, or too skimpily supplied to be useful. Not only did this one work without leaking, but it was immaculately clean, and 3 set ups were provided (along with 2 types of tea, lots of sugar, and more than enough envelopes of coffee whitener to keep me happy). The bathroom was large, and the marble tub enclosure featured a double shower curtain on ball bearing rollers, which kept the water inside the tub where it belonged. The hotel's small indoor pool on level 2 was amazingly pristine - especially since our stay was the first night after a holiday weekend! We did not eat at the Armouries Grille, where the main courses start at $25, but rather at a nearby restaurant on Dundas Street. When we turned in for the night, we found the thigh high, padded beds very comfortable. Worth noting were the soft, pure cotton linens covering a hypo-allegenic duvet, and 3 pillows plus bolster provided for each bed. The room next to us was occupied, and we didn't hear a sound. The free morning newspaper was the Globe and Mail, rather than the local London Free Press. One hassle was parking - either $12 for valet parking, or $7 if you park yourself. The open, flat lot is a full block south, and across busy King Street. If you're unlucky in finding a spot, you may have to walk all the way from York Street - 2 full blocks. Security is either non-existant or invisible. Also, television reception was poor, and free channels available oddly limited: not London's usual cable line-up. Perhaps I'd be less enthused if we'd paid more than twice what we did through Priceline, but it would have been difficult to improve on our stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank fannish
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2006

We stayed one night at this hotel, but something made me wish that we were staying longer. The staff were very friendly, from the front desk to the bellmen. The maid on our floor was very nice. She chatted with me a little bit, and later she even brought us a second bathrobe without having to ask!

The room was comfortable; what I really liked about it was the use of space in the room. By arranging the room, they found a way to include a good sized round table and a love sofa. The bed was very comfortable. Some of the night tables could use replacing. The hallways looked like they were newly renovated.

The decor remined me of the Royal York, with lots of wood.

The kids loved using the pool. While swimming, you can look up at the roof of the old armouries building. I would say this was my favourite pool so far. While not a huge pool, the tiles give it a classical feel, and the water was like swimming in a lake.

The continental breakfast buffet came with the room, and was served in the main dining room (because of the holiday).

Overall, it was a good value, and the prices on the room service menu weren't as high as Toronto.

Any of the service needs which I had were met. They even sent me a card to a apologise for a mistake. Nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mississauga,Ont
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Great stay for sure. Stayed at the Delta London Armouries at the end of June. Place was clean, decor was nice, location to downtown core was excellent, and the staff were amoungst the best from any hotel I have ever stayed. Can't say enough about them. Everyone from the front door, to the front desk, to the dining staff, to the housekeeping staff were all friendly and couldn't be more helpful. I have paid much more for a room at other hotels and not received anywhere near the level of service I received at the Delta London Armouries. Only complaint I had is that the mattress and pillows were more along the line of a Best Western quality and not that of a hotel at the Delta level. Other than that this was one of the best places I have ever stayed. Would definately recomend it everyone.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2006

We originally booked the 'Romance Package' for January but I became very sick and we could not go. We cancelled our reservations the day we were to check in and were never charged.

We re-booked the 'shades of summer package' for the may long weekend. I booked a signature club room and was disappointed the signature club lounge was not open. You could still go in to get a coffee, but there was no fruit, breakfast, etc.

The Signature Club Room was very big, the bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable! Huge King size pillowtop, with massive pillows & really nice douvet.

London itself is not that interesting. We decided to only stay one night and our rate was changed accordingly.

Overall I was VERY pleased with the service we received both making the reservation over the phone & then changing our package at the hotel.

I would definately recomend this hotel to anyone travelling to London !

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank Tiffiemonkee
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed April 29, 2006

Never before have I seen such a well run hotel. Every member of the staff treated our party with such professionalism and made our stay, feel like home. They were nothing but efficient, polite and always right there with anything you needed but not overbearing or phony at all. The rooms were spacious and clean and all special request were handled with professionalism and sense of urgency. The facilities are up to date and there is plenty to keep your family busy with a gym, pool and play area for your kids. You can consider this hotel an all-inclusive because everything you need is on the premises but there's more information on the hotel's website, which doesn't do the hotel justice interms of beauty and modernism.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member