“Nice location, nice lobby, rooms ok”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was my second stay at the Delta Armouries and probably not my last. The good things -- the lobby is very cool as is the pool area, the location -- very central and not far from Western University where I am always visiting when in London, the staff are nice, free wifi in the room and friendly and the downtown location. The room was spacious and the bathtub was really nice! The bed was comfy also. Things that could be improved -- the smell in the lobby -- it's very musty (I suppose one might expect that in an old building such as this -- but I don't find it appealing when I walk into the hotel), our room smelled of smoke and felt damp as if no one had been there in a while and the air conditioning didn't seem to work. (We had it on high all night and the temperature didn't seem to change). Overall the room was quiet but at 1am we could very plainly hear a family making a lot of noise!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear owl_wendy,
Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback as it allows us to know where improvement is needed. I am glad to read you found our downtown location to be convenient. I am apologetic, however, that your stay wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been, and have followed up with our Operations Team to ensure the necessary room care is being completed.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review. We look forward to welcoming you back, and will ensure your next stay with us is top notch.
Asst Guest Service Manager

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Reviewed June 26, 2014

From the moment we arrived, the hotel staff could not do enough to make us feel more welcome!
Our family of 4 spent one night and booked the brunch buffet on Sunday. We have been lucky enough to stay at the London Armouries a number of times. We always stay for the Sunday Brunch. Every time we go, we all say this is the best buffet ever!!! Somehow, the Chef seems to always add new and interesting items that we leave talking about. From super comfy beds, a great pool area, to staff that goes out of their way to make you feel special and welcome, the Delta London Armouries is certainly the best hotel in London....we will never stay anywhere else!!!!

Room Tip: For families with young children, the pool side rooms are really fun. Some of the rooms have slidin...
1  Thank ann l
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Ann L,

Thank you for your amazing review of our Historic Downtown hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you got the royal treatment and got to enjoy "London's Best" Sunday Brunch as well. I hope you and your family get a chance to come visit us again soon. Enjoy your Canada Day weekend!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at the Delta London Armouries last weekend for a wedding nearby and were very happy. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and modern. We didn't swim but the pool looked beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristy L
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Kristy L,
Thank you very much for the amazing review! We really appreciate you letting our future guests know about your experience. I am happy to read that your stay was enjoyable, and that you found the employees helpful and friendly. Hopefully you can enjoy the pool on your next stay with us!
Thanks again,
Asst Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I found everything about this hotel to be above par. All the staff were very friendly the hotel was spotless, and the atmosphere was very hospitable. I would highly recommend this hotel for the family or if your going it alone.

Room Tip: The east facing rooms have a view of the downtown core.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Catherine K,
Thank you for the glowing review! I am so happy to read that your stay was comfortable and that you found the atmosphere hospitable. We strive to provide a friendly and welcoming feeling and it makes me proud to read your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back!!
Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2014

First room I checked in to had a very noisy neighbour. I was moved without issue, but the second room was very smoky. It was already late so I made the best of it.
But most irritating was my experience around the vending machines (there is no water bottles etc in rooms themselves!). I put in a $20 bill which the machine promptly took and returned nothing. The front desk informed me that I would have to contact pepsi-cola directly for any refund.
They were very eager to give me this number to offload responsibility.
If you are putting up the vending machine in your hotel you should take some responsibility for it, if only for customer relations.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Newton2000,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I'm so sorry that your room(s) were not properly inspected and that you were not properly looked after in regards to the vending machine issue. Both these incidents fall below the high standards we have in place at the Delta London Armouries and we are investigating each as we speak. If you would like to contact the hotel directly, I'd be happy to solve your issue with the vending machine ASAP. Thank you for your feedback as it shows areas we can improve in. I hope you will continue to use us when your travels bring you to London - and again, thank you for your honest feedback. Take care and enjoy the remainder of your Summer.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at the Delta London Armouries and enjoyed it very much. The room and bed were excellent and the pool area was great. The staff were very helpful and nice. I would recommend this hotel for all.

Dear AndreLeBlanc,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind words about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the open atrium pool setting we offer on our second floor in the historic section of the Armouries. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Enjoy your Summer!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

When I got to the Delta I was excited for my friends wedding. I was greeted by a man who couldn't find my name booked into the hotel. I asked if they had wifi and he simply said "yes" with no further information. Luckily another guest service guy chimed in telling me there was a computer for use right near check-in. I went and found my booking number. Wrote it down and went back to them with it. They STILL couldn't find my booking. My boyfriend had cancelled my booking and re-booked it before the 4pm cut off two days before. My room was already pre-paid for. I was in reception for about half an hour and the first guy looked at me like I was at fault. I'm not sure what happened on their end but I wasn't impressed and it's not the experience a guest should have first off. They got the manager to sort it out and "upgraded me"...the room was nice but still pretty standard compared to other hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear allirra,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to strive for improvement and ensure we are doing the best for our guests. I'm so sorry that your check in experience was far from the Delta standard. Booking.com has had several issues with reservations lately, but I'll be sure to review the process more carefully with our staff so they are more prepared to deal with these discrepancies when they occur again.
Thank you again for your feedback, and for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.