“Always a pleasant stay”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Recently stayed at the Delta London Armouries for the third time. If you have the opportunity request a historical room to enhance your experience. The hotel is always clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and the front desk staff are happy to provide recommendations.

Room Tip: Ask for a historical room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear jennylaika,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with other travelers! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the Historic Armouries area of our Hotel. These unique rooms are converted Officer's Offices and pay homage to the history of the original structure which was built in 1905. The vaulted ceilings and jetted tubs are features that give these rooms a charm that is hard to find in other locations. They are a special experience for sure! We're happy that you continue to stay with us when your travels bring you to London, and I hope to see you again soon. Have a great rest of Summer!

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We arrived very early in the morning (3:15 AM) and were warmly greeted by the front desk staff. Our key packets were ready and we were on our way.
The rooms are a bit old with a hint of a musky smell in mine.
I ended up with 2 beds instead of 1 King. I rose above.
The bathroom was nice and large.
Bed was mostly comfortable.
TV was nice with a good selection of channels.
The air conditioning did not work properly. I didn't take the time to call downstairs to have it sorted out. My fault on that one.
The internet was spotty at times. For the most part it worked well. Right when I needed it the most it blacked out. Very frustrating.
Everyone at the hotel was super nice each time that you interacted with them.
The location was good for restaurant choices and the such. We walked down towards Harris Park which was the highlight of our stay. Definitely the best thing to do. Walk around the water and enjoy the beauty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jon S

Dear Jon S,

Thank you for taking the to share your experience at the Armouries with other travelers. We appreciate the recognition you have given the staff at our properties. All our colleagues, right from the Club Lounge servers on the 20th Floor, right down to the Bell Staff at our Front Doors, are all keen to Welcome new faces to our hotel.

I'm so sorry that there were some elements of your guestroom that may have failed us during your recent stay. Our team is committed to our Guests' complete comfort and satisfaction, and our Engineers would eagerly address these concerns in a timely manner. Again , I'm sorry for any inconvenience and I'll ensure the items are addressed promptly.

Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon when you visit the City of London.

Guest Services

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with this hotel. The staff, upon check-in, was pleasant and efficient. The lobby was bright, updated and clean. The receptionist even provided a restaurant recommendation which we thoroughly enjoyed. We were very pleased with the spacious room, crisp and fresh sheets and amenities. The bathroom was very large, updated and spotless. The hotel is conveniently located. We were very pleased with our stay and will definitely stay again, should we travel in the area.

Dear CanVaca,

Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experiences for other guests to see! We are truly grateful for the glowing feedback you've provided. We pride ourselves on consistently being the top Full-Service facility in Downtown London and we love getting to know our repeat guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Armouries when your travel plans allow.
Enjoy the rest of your Summer!

Guest Services

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by our stay here. We booked online and ended up with a room in the actual historic armory (not the central tower). Our room was spacious and featured a twelve-foot ceiling! The bathroom was fine and featured a jacuzzi for one. We were unable to open the window. The furniture was a little dated (although the TV was not) and we thought the mattress was getting a little soft and sagged towards the middle. The really pleasant surprise was the hotel's dining room. The prix fixe menu was truly creative and delicious and its portions were sensibly sized. The staff in the restaurant and front desk were very friendly. We opted for parking that was $12, if you want valet parking it is $20 and underground. We think this would be a good idea in the winter although not necessary in the summer. London gets a lot of winter weather and you don't want to walk a block to find your car encased in ice and snow.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear sbklaj,

Thank you for visiting our Historical property in Downtown London! I'm glad you enjoyed the benefits of staying in our Armouries section. These rooms are very unique and I guarantee you cannot find comparable rooms in every city you may visit. The cathedral ceilings and jetted tubs a certain type of charm that is hard to find in most downtown or city center hotels.

We look forward to seeing you again...(hopefully before the snow and ice!)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it’s really a pleasant stay. Check in was quick and smooth. The staff are friendly. The room is spacious and clean. We booked the signature room so that we can access the private lounge for breakfast and appetizers in the later afternoon. The lounge is on the top floor and has a good view of the city. I do recommend the signature room because it’s worth the money. The swimming pool area is beautiful and unique, like a garden. My three-year old son enjoyed the shallow small pool very much. He didn’t want to leave.
The only problem is that someone knocked on our door and told us to check the room when my son was taking a nap around 3:30pm after we checked in. I never had such experience staying at other hotels and just don’t understand why this hotel has this procedure.

Room Tip: book the signature room and it's worth the money!

Dear Tom390,

Thank you so much for taking some time to share your Delta London experience with other travelers!

The Signature Club rooms are my favorite rooms by far. As you pointed out, they do have the best views, and offer the best value. We like to think that with the great amenities like the private lounge, and atrium pool, combined with the historical significance of the original Armouries - we offer a very unique experience for visitors to London.

I do apologize for the disturbance the afternoon you checked in. All our staff, especially our Room Attendants are encouraged to check in on their guests to see if anything is needed as you are settling in. I will pass along this info to our housekeeping team for review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing your family again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed one night with Delta London Armouries and I was pleased. Staff was friendly,Valet was quick, rooms were clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the location was fantastic. If you going to a concert, Budweiser Gardens is a nice ten minute walk. Also, it is located around many nice dining locations, boutiques, and bars. I will come back to Delta on my next trip to London.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Chef Jackie-O,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your recent visit and that you'll continue to make us your home-away-from-home when visiting the city of London. We pride ourselves on being the most engaging full service hotel in the city, and the location is ideal for anyone wanting to walk to great restaurants, theater and concerts.

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience for other travelers! We look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights to attend a family wedding. The room was booked through the brides family so I think we may have got a slightly discounted rate. This is the second time we stayed at this hotel.

Check In: When we arrived on Friday evening the lobby very loud and crowded. Check in was smooth. The kids from a ball hockey tournament were staying at the hotel which was why it was so noisy. I was assured that there would not be noise at night.

Room: Our room was on the fifth floor, we had to wait 15 minutes for an elevator due to all the kids riding the elevators pushing every button. We tended to use the stairs most of our stay as it was almost impossible to get the elevator. The room was an inside room facing the restaurant. Although I was glad to be on a lower floor (easier to take stairs), I did not like the room it was dark and I like to look outside. The room was clean when we arrived but never properly cleaned. The second morning the maid came in changed the towels and pulled up the bedding that was it, did not wash the sink or tub or empty the trash.

Customer service: Very good front desk staff polite. Had to call twice to once to request extra towels and again to get an iron. Both arrived within minutes and the front desk called to make sure we got what we wanted

Although the room was quiet, we did hear kids running in the halls and twice had someone knock on the door and run away.

I'm not sure I would pick this hotel again because both times I have stayed there has been some kind of kids sporting event. I think they cater to this, which is fine but if I stay at hotel I want to be able to use the elevator and sleep uninterrupted.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear travelmomOntario,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. We are very sorry to hear that it was not as enjoyable as it could have been due to the teams that were in town at the same time. We try to have staff in the elevators monitoring them during weekends when we have lots of kids visiting us. The weekend of your stay we did not schedule the proper staffing and I do apologize for the wait times for the elevators you experienced. I'm also sorry to hear that there were noise disturbances on your floor as well. We try to keep teams and other guests separate as well as have our security team patrolling the floors to try and deter the little ones from disturbing our other guests.
We do welcome guest to the hotel for many different functions including weddings, social events, and teams as well. Weekends tend to bring us a wide variety of guests and we try to offer all our visitors our highest level of service. The weekend of your stay we were not fully prepared for the number of children we had stay with us and I assure you this is not typically the case. We have reviewed our scheduling practices and are confident that the changes we have made will ensure an enjoyable stay for all guests even when we are hosting teams in the future.
I do apologize for your disappointing experience and hope that you will consider staying with us in the future!
Kindest Regards