“Perfect stay”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
Flat Rock
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed one night with Delta London Armouries and I was pleased. Staff was friendly,Valet was quick, rooms were clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the location was fantastic. If you going to a concert, Budweiser Gardens is a nice ten minute walk. Also, it is located around many nice dining locations, boutiques, and bars. I will come back to Delta on my next trip to London.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Chef Jackie-O,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your recent visit and that you'll continue to make us your home-away-from-home when visiting the city of London. We pride ourselves on being the most engaging full service hotel in the city, and the location is ideal for anyone wanting to walk to great restaurants, theater and concerts.

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience for other travelers! We look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
ontario
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights to attend a family wedding. The room was booked through the brides family so I think we may have got a slightly discounted rate. This is the second time we stayed at this hotel.

Check In: When we arrived on Friday evening the lobby very loud and crowded. Check in was smooth. The kids from a ball hockey tournament were staying at the hotel which was why it was so noisy. I was assured that there would not be noise at night.

Room: Our room was on the fifth floor, we had to wait 15 minutes for an elevator due to all the kids riding the elevators pushing every button. We tended to use the stairs most of our stay as it was almost impossible to get the elevator. The room was an inside room facing the restaurant. Although I was glad to be on a lower floor (easier to take stairs), I did not like the room it was dark and I like to look outside. The room was clean when we arrived but never properly cleaned. The second morning the maid came in changed the towels and pulled up the bedding that was it, did not wash the sink or tub or empty the trash.

Customer service: Very good front desk staff polite. Had to call twice to once to request extra towels and again to get an iron. Both arrived within minutes and the front desk called to make sure we got what we wanted

Although the room was quiet, we did hear kids running in the halls and twice had someone knock on the door and run away.

I'm not sure I would pick this hotel again because both times I have stayed there has been some kind of kids sporting event. I think they cater to this, which is fine but if I stay at hotel I want to be able to use the elevator and sleep uninterrupted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear travelmomOntario,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. We are very sorry to hear that it was not as enjoyable as it could have been due to the teams that were in town at the same time. We try to have staff in the elevators monitoring them during weekends when we have lots of kids visiting us. The weekend of your stay we did not schedule the proper staffing and I do apologize for the wait times for the elevators you experienced. I'm also sorry to hear that there were noise disturbances on your floor as well. We try to keep teams and other guests separate as well as have our security team patrolling the floors to try and deter the little ones from disturbing our other guests.
We do welcome guest to the hotel for many different functions including weddings, social events, and teams as well. Weekends tend to bring us a wide variety of guests and we try to offer all our visitors our highest level of service. The weekend of your stay we were not fully prepared for the number of children we had stay with us and I assure you this is not typically the case. We have reviewed our scheduling practices and are confident that the changes we have made will ensure an enjoyable stay for all guests even when we are hosting teams in the future.
I do apologize for your disappointing experience and hope that you will consider staying with us in the future!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a nice hotel, which is centrally located and has all of the amenities. The workout room was nice, as was the pool. The wifi is fast enough and free. One problem, however. We specifically asked for a quiet room. The first night was quiet. The second was not as they put several ball hockey players on our floor, who slammed doors all night. The hotel made it right the next morning, but I would rather have had the quiet room which we had requested.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't put drunken jocks on your floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Antityco,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the amenities our full service hotel has to offer and took advantage of our complimentary WIFI. We know how important staying connected is!
I am sorry to hear that the second night of your stay was not as enjoyable due to ball hockey players being on your floor. When teams book as a group we try and keep them separate from other guests of the hotel however some teams in these types of tournaments tend to book on their own and may check in individually. It's not until afterward we discover they are with a team and I'm sorry their disruptive nature disturbed you on the last night of your stay. I'm glad to hear our team made it right in the end as we do aim to ensure all our guests needs are met and if not, do whatever it takes to ensure you will return.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Kindest regards,
Medicine Hat
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was in London for 5 days and the hotel experience was very good. I was on the signature level and my room was great. Quiet, good bedding and lots of room. The Signature level lounge was also very handy and I could grab a quick light breakfast in the morning and then when I came back in I usually had a couple apps and a beverage before bed.
Location is also handy as there are some restaurants and a movie theatre nearby.
Staff were great and price was was also good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear DDT414,
Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm thrilled to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay and found great value in our Signature Club rooms. Having the private lounge which serves breakfast in the morning and appetizers and beverages in the evening all included with your room rate is very convenient and definitely something all travelers should consider taking advantage of. I'm glad to hear our downtown location made it easy for you to get out and explore our beautiful forest city and that you found our team so friendly and helpful.
We are looking forward to having you back very soon!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

In town for recent Tom Petty concert at Budweiser Gardens. Very comfortable room . Close to everything downtown. Also great valet parking service available. Amazing view of the city from the 14th floor. (also from the glass elevators) Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Judi P,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our property with other travellers. I'm glad you enjoyed the views of the city from your Guestroom as well as our unique elevators! Many travelers also enjoy the views from our Signature Club Lounge on the very top floor which features an evening reception and deluxe continental breakfast service for guests that are staying in our Signature Club rooms. It might be worth exploring for your next visit.

If we can help you at all with your future travel plans, please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Tyler R
Guest Services
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here a few weekends ago (june 15th) for one night in the superior plus room (18th floor, which included breakfast on the 20th). I'd say it was a great stay. The bed was super comfy, the front desk staff were very nice and the over all hotel appeared clean. It was quite busy as there was a wedding going on, plus the large father's day brunch on Sunday morning, but the staff were courteous, but efficient. The location can't be beat. How can you not love the incorporation of the old armouries with the new high rise.
My only con was that there was some surface mold in the shower, and having to pay for above ground, a block away parking. When paying the price we did for the room one would expect that parking (not valet) would be included.
We did enjoy our stay so much that we are returning to the same hotel July 11th for another overnight.

Room Tip: Away from pool and restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Krista C,
Thanks very much for your comments. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you made the most of the Signature Club room you booked. With the access to the private lounge which serves breakfast and evening appetizers, it's a great way to really pamper yourself for an affordable price.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the mould issue you discovered in your bathroom. We were able to tack down the room number you had stayed in and our Maintenance team has addressed this issue.
Parking in downtown London is limited for all hotels in our area. We do charge a nominal flat rate fee for our self parking lot and remain very competitive with our pricing based on other properties in the area. We feel we offer our guests the best value as paying in these lots on your own without the in and out privileges we offer can be quite pricey.
Thank you once again for your review and we can't wait to have you back soon!
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I was satisfied with my stay, at the reduced price that I paid for it. I would not have been particularly satisfied at a much higher rate. The photos and lobby suggest significantly higher quality rooms than the one in which I stayed.

The stuff were friendly. The accommodations very clean. The view from the room was excellent. The room was quiet, without much noise from neighbors or the hallway. Excellent water pressure in the shower. The pool and hot tub area was very nice.

However, the furniture was old and beaten. The wallpaper was cheap, bubbling, and peeling in places. The room had a very mild old musty smell. The bathroom was antiquated. The bed squeaked.

• Stayed June 2013
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear StJamesJr.,

I'm glad to hear that you found the staff at the Armouries friendly and attentive during your stay. We have a very engaging and authentic team that maintain the highest level of Guest Service at our our Historic Downtown "home away from home."

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your guestroom during your recent visit. I've asked our Engineering team to take a look a little more closely regarding the items you mentioned. We thank you very much for your feedback, as it is invaluable to see our product from the other side!

We are very excited about a new room product that is slowly being implemented at Delta Hotels across the country. These sleek new "modeRooms" are redesigned spaces that fulfill the requests that today's traveler brought forth to the hotel industry. They have clean modern lines, integrated Audio/Visual systems, and much more to satisfy both business and leisure times. We hope to bring this product to London in the very near future.

Again, thank you so much for your business and your feedback - We hope to be welcoming you back to London soon!

Warm Regards,