“walking distance to concert”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 4, 2013

In town for recent Tom Petty concert at Budweiser Gardens. Very comfortable room . Close to everything downtown. Also great valet parking service available. Amazing view of the city from the 14th floor. (also from the glass elevators) Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Judi P,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our property with other travellers. I'm glad you enjoyed the views of the city from your Guestroom as well as our unique elevators! Many travelers also enjoy the views from our Signature Club Lounge on the very top floor which features an evening reception and deluxe continental breakfast service for guests that are staying in our Signature Club rooms. It might be worth exploring for your next visit.

If we can help you at all with your future travel plans, please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Tyler R
Guest Services

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here a few weekends ago (june 15th) for one night in the superior plus room (18th floor, which included breakfast on the 20th). I'd say it was a great stay. The bed was super comfy, the front desk staff were very nice and the over all hotel appeared clean. It was quite busy as there was a wedding going on, plus the large father's day brunch on Sunday morning, but the staff were courteous, but efficient. The location can't be beat. How can you not love the incorporation of the old armouries with the new high rise.
My only con was that there was some surface mold in the shower, and having to pay for above ground, a block away parking. When paying the price we did for the room one would expect that parking (not valet) would be included.
We did enjoy our stay so much that we are returning to the same hotel July 11th for another overnight.

Room Tip: Away from pool and restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Krista C,
Thanks very much for your comments. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you made the most of the Signature Club room you booked. With the access to the private lounge which serves breakfast and evening appetizers, it's a great way to really pamper yourself for an affordable price.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the mould issue you discovered in your bathroom. We were able to tack down the room number you had stayed in and our Maintenance team has addressed this issue.
Parking in downtown London is limited for all hotels in our area. We do charge a nominal flat rate fee for our self parking lot and remain very competitive with our pricing based on other properties in the area. We feel we offer our guests the best value as paying in these lots on your own without the in and out privileges we offer can be quite pricey.
Thank you once again for your review and we can't wait to have you back soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I was satisfied with my stay, at the reduced price that I paid for it. I would not have been particularly satisfied at a much higher rate. The photos and lobby suggest significantly higher quality rooms than the one in which I stayed.

The stuff were friendly. The accommodations very clean. The view from the room was excellent. The room was quiet, without much noise from neighbors or the hallway. Excellent water pressure in the shower. The pool and hot tub area was very nice.

However, the furniture was old and beaten. The wallpaper was cheap, bubbling, and peeling in places. The room had a very mild old musty smell. The bathroom was antiquated. The bed squeaked.

• Stayed: June 2013
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear StJamesJr.,

I'm glad to hear that you found the staff at the Armouries friendly and attentive during your stay. We have a very engaging and authentic team that maintain the highest level of Guest Service at our our Historic Downtown "home away from home."

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your guestroom during your recent visit. I've asked our Engineering team to take a look a little more closely regarding the items you mentioned. We thank you very much for your feedback, as it is invaluable to see our product from the other side!

We are very excited about a new room product that is slowly being implemented at Delta Hotels across the country. These sleek new "modeRooms" are redesigned spaces that fulfill the requests that today's traveler brought forth to the hotel industry. They have clean modern lines, integrated Audio/Visual systems, and much more to satisfy both business and leisure times. We hope to bring this product to London in the very near future.

Again, thank you so much for your business and your feedback - We hope to be welcoming you back to London soon!

Warm Regards,
TylerR

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I isited the hotel 6 months a go and wrote a review about how terrible this hotel was. the mangers answered and claimed that they will take actions to correct the problems and invited to coem there for next trip. so I did it and went there during my last stay in London back two weeks ago to just check how they have improved. hoestly the hotel is worse than before. the rooms were still teribble and noisy. the smell of mold veen in summer bothered me. the first room I checked in was smoked in and they chenaged my room to another one which ecause it is was not smoked right before. just a quick note to the manager who is comming and write all sort of excuses and copy and paste what she have to here first, the picture I uploaded from the teribble condition of the bathroom at my previous review IS from your hotel. so dont LIE next time for your what they pay you becaus eit is not ethical. I added this once again here so every one can judge whether it is your bathroom or not!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank P D
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear P D,
We are very sorry to hear that your return visit was not an exceptional one. We take all our guests comments very seriously and do our absolute best to rectify any issues that are brought to our attention regarding guest rooms or the hotel in general. As TripAdvisor reviews are posted anonymously we are not always able to decipher exactly what room you may have been staying in and the photo you posted on your last review, as I mentioned, was taken at an angle that did not appear to be of our hotel. I did mention however I couldn't be sure. This photo I can tell is from one of our guest rooms and something we will investigate and address right away. Again, no mould is present in this photo however the state of the ceiling and peeling of the wallpaper is of great concern to us. While we are unable to tell what room you were staying in based on the photo, we will be on the look out for this issue and address it ASAP.
I'm truly sorry for your experience. Our hotel has recently undergone room renovations on our public spaces as well as a number of our guest rooms however not all rooms have had makeovers in the past 5 years and those that have not are slotted for upcoming renovations in the near future. While I don't have an exact date, plans are in the process to get going on these touch ups and facelifts and we are very excited for the new look we will soon have.
We do feel our service is still top notch and you won’t find a more friendly welcome anywhere in the city.
Thank you once again for taking some time to share your most recent experience and I do hope you will consider our hotel for future visits to London.
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed 6 nights,and were constantly impressed by the helpfulness and friendliness of all employees. The hotel is an excellent preservation of a historic building. The rooms are fairly standard, even staying in an upgraded room on the highest floors. This room category gave us access to free breakfast and late afternoon wine, beer and appetizers. The breakfast was certainly sufficient with eggs (hard boiled I believe), breads, pastries, fruit, yogurt, and cereals.The afternoon offerings were hot appetizers, veggies and dip, a variety of cheese and crackers. The hotel is very close to the Conference Center,Budweiser Gardens and many bars and restaurants. The restaurant in the hotel is quite nice. There is valet parking, or self parking in a lot 1 block behind the hotel.My only complaint would be that the neighbours bathroom fan and shower were so noisy that it woke us up. Luckily that room was occupied only on one night of our stay. We enjoyed the hotel very much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear CanadaTravelchick,
Thank you for your comments and we are very happy to hear your 6 night stay was most enjoyable. The Signature Club room with the Club lounge access is definitely the way to go as it allows our guest to experience a little extra luxury for an affordable price.
i'm sorry that you were disturbed by a neighbour one morning but glad it did not tarnish your stay. Never hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your time with us more enjoyable,. Our team is here 24hrs a day to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to ensure their comfort.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel in the near future!
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great location, service, food, people. We extended our stay because it was so enjoyable. We will be back!! The staff was great. Enjoyed the restaurant. Location was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Robert C

Dear Robert C,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us and future travelers about your stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy your experience so much that you extended your reservation just so you could stay longer!
We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here at a conference I was attending and the most notable sign of age is that there were no plugs on or near the desk for your computer. I asked for a power bar, and it took 2 days for them to bring one to my room. The building is impressive from the exterior, but needs some updating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear RM1Paris,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I'm happy to hear you were impressed by our unique building and our ability to match history with hospitality however I do apologize for the lack of electrical outlets around the desk area. Your request for a power bar took much longer then we would have liked and for that I truly apologize. I have followed up with both our Front Desk team as well as our Housekeeping team about the importance of ensuring our guest's requests are completed in a timely manner.
I also wanted to let you know that Delta Hotels has launch a new room style that includes smart desks in all our guest rooms, including many outlets and cords available for the business or leisure traveler who is looking to stay connected. We are very excited about the transformation of our guest rooms coming soon and I'm sure you will find these new additions, once available at our hotel, will exceed your expectations.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!