“I will be back”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great location, service, food, people. We extended our stay because it was so enjoyable. We will be back!! The staff was great. Enjoyed the restaurant. Location was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Robert C
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Robert C,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us and future travelers about your stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy your experience so much that you extended your reservation just so you could stay longer!
We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here at a conference I was attending and the most notable sign of age is that there were no plugs on or near the desk for your computer. I asked for a power bar, and it took 2 days for them to bring one to my room. The building is impressive from the exterior, but needs some updating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear RM1Paris,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I'm happy to hear you were impressed by our unique building and our ability to match history with hospitality however I do apologize for the lack of electrical outlets around the desk area. Your request for a power bar took much longer then we would have liked and for that I truly apologize. I have followed up with both our Front Desk team as well as our Housekeeping team about the importance of ensuring our guest's requests are completed in a timely manner.
I also wanted to let you know that Delta Hotels has launch a new room style that includes smart desks in all our guest rooms, including many outlets and cords available for the business or leisure traveler who is looking to stay connected. We are very excited about the transformation of our guest rooms coming soon and I'm sure you will find these new additions, once available at our hotel, will exceed your expectations.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a lovely hotel...they took a former armoury and designed a hotel around it. A very elegant building however I found that some elements need to bee refreshed, My room had wallpaper looking worn and starting to curl from the ceiling. The ceiling appeared to be cracking and the carpet a bit tired. However, the rooms are a good size and the bed and pillows were very comfortable.

The restaurant had great food...I had the fixed price dinner which consisted of lobster gazpacho soup, lobster tail and steak and dessert for $30....very tasty and good value.

The hotel price was reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear lingar,
Thank you for taking some time to tell us about your stay. I'm happy to hear you were able to appreciate our unique mix of History and Hospitality and had an enjoyable meal in the Armouries Grille. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in the condition of your guest room and our maintenance team will be addressing some of the points you mentioned right away. Carpeting will be replaced in our upcoming room renovations as well.
I'm thrilled that overall you did enjoy your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is beautiful inside and out. It has a great history and is an optimal location. Unfortunately the beds were so uncomfortable that I simply cannot give this a good rating. I was up all night and after I finally did fall asleep I awoke with the worst backache I have ever felt. I stay in a lot of hotels and enjoy travelling and I have never had any issues with thier beds or matresses, but there was something horrible about this bed.

For that reason alone I woudl not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MrandMrsGB,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. I'm truly sorry to hear that you did not have a restful night sleep due to the mattress quality. I assure you this is not typical of our hotel as many guests rave about the comfort they experienced on our Sanctuary Siemens brand pillow top mattresses. We often have guests inquiring about where they may be able to purchase one. Again we are truly sorry for your experience and believe it may have been an isolated incident. We will be checking the quality of the bed in your guest room and ensure it is up to the standard we hold for our hotel and replacing it if necessary. We do hope that you will visit us again as we are confident you will be able to have a enjoyable, restful night as many of our other guests have experienced.
Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

First impressions are really good. A modern high rise centred in an old Fort styled like a castle with pool and hot tub on 2nd level. Room smelt a little but the furniture was quite old and scratched. The general woodwork, doors, frames etc were showing wear. Ceiling in elevator was vanished plywood that was lifting with the humidity. Location was good, right downtown, pub across the street had a great rear patio. This was rated as #4 out of 42 hotels in London, Ontario. Would hate to see the lower ratings. While this was London I would say in most cities this hotel would rate in 20 something range out of 42.

Room Tip: Pick a high room

Dear alsupremo,
Thank you for taking some time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad to hear you were able to appreciate our unique building and enjoy the historical aspects we have tried hard to maintain while offering a high level of hospitality and service. We will be evaluating your guest room and making repairs to the wall paper and furnishing that you mentioned. We are also looking forward to some upcoming renovations in the near future that will bring a much more modern feel to our guest rooms as well. Our Elevator was undergoing some repairs to the interior cab and we varnished the plywood to try to make it less noticeable. The proper ceiling has now been replaced.
We do appreciate your feedback and hope you will join us again the next time your visit brings you to London!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the May long weekend, and we were for the most part pleased with it. The location was excellent (right by the train station), and there were lots of good restaurants nearby. Our room was very nice, although the wired Internet service they offer is extremely slow. What they don’t tell you is that the wireless is far faster – I had to discover that on my own after hours of agonizing work.

If I remember correctly, we did not get a mini-fridge. Always a downer.

If I went back to London I would consider this hotel, although there are others nearby that are cheaper and just as nice. Heading down the street east of the hotel you see a lot of dead area, with tons of boarded up businesses. The city doesn’t seem to be in healthy shape, and even the cabbie complained of a dying downtown.

For a Delta, it was average, but definitely nicer than the Delta Chelsea in Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mark J,
Thank you for taking a moment to review your experience here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us over the long weekend. I do apologize that our Front Desk team did not notify you of the complimentary wireless internet service that is available to all guests of the hotel. We feel keeping our guests connected is very important and I'm sorry you had to find it out on your own. All our guest rooms to have an un-stocked mini fridge in them. We will be completing a check to ensure all rooms have these available as there should have been one it your guest room as well.
The downtown area has it's ups and downs like any city. Richmond Row and King Street to the West and South of us offer many dinning and shopping opportunities and are great areas to walk around in. Also Victoria park just a few blocks North of us is the perfect place for an afternoon stroll and hosts many festivals throughout the summer. The East side of the downtown area is being revitalized as best as the city can. Next time your here, ask our team to recommend some of their favourite places to visit. We love to share our LOVE of our beautiful forest city!
We are looking to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

What a gem this hotel is with great service, nice clean large room and good food. The Sunday Brunch is fantastic and well worth a try for those of you who have large appetites, great value fro money. We stayed for 5 nights and were treated really well and no request was too much trouble. Nice medium sized swimming pool, free wi-fi and a a buffet breakfast which is also good value for money. If you ar looking to stay in London, Ontario then this is the hotel for anyone at a good hotel rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Andy L,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of everything our hotel has to offer and I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We aim to provide each and every guest with a stay that is warm, comfortable, friendly and a great value as well and we look forward to welcoming you back here to the Delta London Armouries Hotel in the near future!