“Been here once”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in London
Port Elgin, Canada
“Been here once”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went here one time for a hockey tournament, hotel has a very upscale feel to it(fanciest I've been to). Pool was very good and different compared to other hotels. Would go either here or to the Hilton(not far apart from one another). Rooms were very good size however size to price ratio isn't quite at par, a little pricey. Overall, still a good place.

Room Tip: Had a corner room, can't complain.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear PE_foodcritic,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! We look forward to hosting hockey tournaments and providing a welcoming atmosphere to the families participating. Our unique building offers the perfect atrium setting for our indoor pool and gives it a tropical feel in our convenient downtown city centre location. I hope your team got a chance to utilize our sports room as well during your stay.
We look forward to having you back next season!
Kindest Regards
Pamela N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
ontario
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a solid three star property that I have been staying at every time I come to London. Always great staff , the rooms seem a little more spacious , and a central location . This property will eventually need some renovations but I will continue to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear happycamper77,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. I'm thrilled to hear you continue to enjoy your stays with us and find our Downtown central location perfect for your travel needs. We are planning some renovations in the very near future which will bring a very modern, fresh look to our guests rooms. Many other Deltas have already begun these room transformations and the "Mode" rooms are a hit. We can't wait to get started with ours!
Looking forward to having you back soon.
Kindest Regards,
Pamela N
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed for one night. Had an executive room in the Armoury part. Very nice. High ceilings, couch, big windows. Loved the room. Bathroom had a nice large jacuzzi tub. Clean. Bathroom could be touched up some, getting run down. Its in a great location. Very comfy bed. No noise even though there was a ton of kids staying that weekend.
Overall a good experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear evanescencetabby,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I'm so happy you had a chance to enjoy one of our Armouries rooms. We try to to provide a unique mix of history and hospitality to honour our building and still provide all the comforts our guests are looking for during their travels.
Come back and see us again soon, we look forward to having you!
Kindest Regards,
Delta bc
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed in the Delta London Armouries and I was not disapointed either time!
The rooms are big and clean; mine had 2 queen size beds and another team members had one queen and a couch. We stayed there inbetween the meeting breaks and it was very comfortable.
Beds are VERY comfortable and it was a nice quiet sleep away from home.
All the staff were courteous and seemed like they really enjoyed their jobs which made my stay all that much better.
LOVE the brick walls in the meeting rooms
Had a great time and I'm sure I'll be back again next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Monica H,
Thank you for taking a moment to share you recent experience here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. Whether it's meetings for 2 people to 200 people, we try to meet all your needs from the boardroom to the guest room. I'm thrilled to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay and yes, our employees truly do love what they do and that makes all the difference. We have the best team in the city and it shows in how we look after our guests. Can't wait to have you back!
Kindest regards,
peterborough
Reviewed February 18, 2013

its getting dated. They could use an update. Having said that, the staff is great from the front desk through to the cleaning people. The rooms are very nice but as I stated they need some TLC, the caulking in the bathroom is separating on the counter top. But if that is all I have to complain about, I should shut up. I have stayed in other Hotels in London and this one has the best beds, very comfortable.
OK, one other complaint, they should not be charging for parking, it's London Ontario not downtown Toronto

Would I stay again??? Yes absolutely no question.

So should you

Cheers

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atti2ud
Dear atti2ud,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts on our hotel. I'm really happy to hear that overall you do enjoy staying with us and that our staff continues to offer you such friendly, helpful service. We are planning some extensive room renovations in the near future which will bring a brand new fresh, modern look to all our guest rooms while keeping with the charm and history that makes our building so unique. The plans for these renovations are just about finalized and we are looking forward to getting started on our new look.
While charging for parking is not something we like to do, it is a necessity as Downtown London is very limited for parking spaces and lots on the whole. All hotels in the Downtown area find it necessary to charge for parking but we keep a close watch on our competitors pricing to ensure we are offering the best prices for our guests.
I'm very happy to hear that you will continue to stay with us as I certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Kindest regards,
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am London on business for a few weeks every year and after a lot of moving around settled on the Delta as my go to place here.

I normally go to the concierge floor but this time I needed some extra space and so got one of the Armouries suites. The great room, in particular, just needs help. The lampshades are on crooked, some of the wallpaper is starting to come off, and there are four ugly stacking chairs sitting here for no apparent reason. And the electronics are a horror show --- you have to wiggle the cable connector at the wall to clear snow on the TV and two of the three phones in the suite look cheap and don't work. I finally just had maintenance take them away.

This place is priced to perfection --- with taxes, delivery charge and compulsory tip a room service burger (no cheese) will set you back about $26 --- but it ain't. Time for the hotel to go back to the drawing board --- or for me to look for a new place to stay in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank rkkbToronto_Ontario
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear rkkbToronto_Ontario,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that the Armouries Junior Suite you reserved did not meet your needs. We offer many different room styles in hopes having something for everyone. The condition of the guest room as you described is certainly not our standard and our Maintenance team will be addressing the Decor and Electronics issues immediately.
In Room Dinning prices with the convenience fees associated with being able to dine in the comfort of your room, are slightly higher then when dinning in the restaurant as is the case with most hotels. Our Armouries Burger is 1lb of beef with fresh toppings as well as full side of your choice. We will have our head chef look at adjusting the menu to offer more price conscious options as well. We appreciate your input!
We do hope that you will continue to stay with us during your trips to London as I'm confident that although this stay was not up to our regular standards, with your valuable feedback, we will be able to make changes to better suit your needs in the future!
Kindest Regards
woodstock
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Delta Armouries hotel with my sister for a spa getaway. They had a great package that included the room, wine & cheese, breakfast, $60 spa credit, taxi service to and from the spa and valet service. The room was comfortable on the 15th floor and it's a nice touch to have some wine & cheese to relax before heading out for dinner. The spa was just a short taxi ride away and we were impressed with the "Artistic Day Spa" facials that we booked. The Armouries offers the old historic ambience in the hotel lobby, bar and restaurant. My one and only complaint about this hotel was their valet service. Upon arrival there was no one to greet us or take our bags. Once inside we found a valeafter a few minutes and got our ticket. In the morning we called for the vehicle. Once again we went downstairs and there was no one to be found. I found the truck parked outside, so that was a bonus but had to hunt down the valet to get my keys. Apparently they must have been busy with other guests! I am glad I did not pay extra for the valet service as there wasn't any! Other than this complaint it was a great stay and value for the spa package getaway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hunkydoreyWoodstock
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear hunkydoreyWoodstock,
Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay! I'm really happy to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your getaway and took advantage of one of our relaxing Spa Packages. We just recently partnered with Artistic Spa and it's been a hit so far. We'll pass along your feedback to them as well.
I would like to apologize for the lack of valet service you experienced. This is certainly not typical of our hotel. We aim to have a greeter a the door at all times to welcome each guest or wish them a pleasant farewell as well as assist with vehicles and luggage. I've spoken with our Valet Captain to pass along your comments and we will ensure we have the proper staffing levels going forward. I'm glad to hear it didn't sour the stay too much.
Thank you again for your review and I truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Kindest regards