“Getting tired.”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Ontario
“Getting tired.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am London on business for a few weeks every year and after a lot of moving around settled on the Delta as my go to place here.

I normally go to the concierge floor but this time I needed some extra space and so got one of the Armouries suites. The great room, in particular, just needs help. The lampshades are on crooked, some of the wallpaper is starting to come off, and there are four ugly stacking chairs sitting here for no apparent reason. And the electronics are a horror show --- you have to wiggle the cable connector at the wall to clear snow on the TV and two of the three phones in the suite look cheap and don't work. I finally just had maintenance take them away.

This place is priced to perfection --- with taxes, delivery charge and compulsory tip a room service burger (no cheese) will set you back about $26 --- but it ain't. Time for the hotel to go back to the drawing board --- or for me to look for a new place to stay in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank rkkbToronto_Ontario
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear rkkbToronto_Ontario,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that the Armouries Junior Suite you reserved did not meet your needs. We offer many different room styles in hopes having something for everyone. The condition of the guest room as you described is certainly not our standard and our Maintenance team will be addressing the Decor and Electronics issues immediately.
In Room Dinning prices with the convenience fees associated with being able to dine in the comfort of your room, are slightly higher then when dinning in the restaurant as is the case with most hotels. Our Armouries Burger is 1lb of beef with fresh toppings as well as full side of your choice. We will have our head chef look at adjusting the menu to offer more price conscious options as well. We appreciate your input!
We do hope that you will continue to stay with us during your trips to London as I'm confident that although this stay was not up to our regular standards, with your valuable feedback, we will be able to make changes to better suit your needs in the future!
Pamela N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
woodstock
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Delta Armouries hotel with my sister for a spa getaway. They had a great package that included the room, wine & cheese, breakfast, $60 spa credit, taxi service to and from the spa and valet service. The room was comfortable on the 15th floor and it's a nice touch to have some wine & cheese to relax before heading out for dinner. The spa was just a short taxi ride away and we were impressed with the "Artistic Day Spa" facials that we booked. The Armouries offers the old historic ambience in the hotel lobby, bar and restaurant. My one and only complaint about this hotel was their valet service. Upon arrival there was no one to greet us or take our bags. Once inside we found a valeafter a few minutes and got our ticket. In the morning we called for the vehicle. Once again we went downstairs and there was no one to be found. I found the truck parked outside, so that was a bonus but had to hunt down the valet to get my keys. Apparently they must have been busy with other guests! I am glad I did not pay extra for the valet service as there wasn't any! Other than this complaint it was a great stay and value for the spa package getaway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hunkydoreyWoodstock
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear hunkydoreyWoodstock,
Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay! I'm really happy to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your getaway and took advantage of one of our relaxing Spa Packages. We just recently partnered with Artistic Spa and it's been a hit so far. We'll pass along your feedback to them as well.
I would like to apologize for the lack of valet service you experienced. This is certainly not typical of our hotel. We aim to have a greeter a the door at all times to welcome each guest or wish them a pleasant farewell as well as assist with vehicles and luggage. I've spoken with our Valet Captain to pass along your comments and we will ensure we have the proper staffing levels going forward. I'm glad to hear it didn't sour the stay too much.
Thank you again for your review and I truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Kindest regards
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Delta London Armouries is an excellent hotel centrally located in the downtown area of London. It is located in close proximity (within walking distance)to many good restaurants, bars, and the theatre. For Knights fans, it's within a 10 minute walk to Budweiser Gardens (JLC). The Via train station and bus terminal are also within a 10 minute walk.

This hotel is an interesting mixture of the historic armouries and new, modern hotel. Consequently, there is a wide variety of rooms available. The rooms on the executive floors are very spacious, and include entry into the Signature Club lounge. The view from these floors are spectacular. The remaining rooms in the tower are larger than the usual hotel room.
On the fourth floor, there are several rooms that have an indoor balcony that is attached to the indoor pool - perfect for families - not so much if you wish to sleep in past 7 am on a Saturday, or Sunday. The armoury rooms on the second floor offer an interesting mixture of various types of rooms - from suites to slightly oversize rooms.These rooms are older than the tower rooms, but are visually interesting. Light sleepers beware if your room is numbered anywhere from 236 to 220 (approx. from the elevator to the pool area) you will be awakened around 7am by many voices in the hall, and by the sound of doors opening and closing.

Quite often, there are sports teams staying at the hotel on weekends. The security in this hotel is excellent - they keep a tight rein on these children to keep them from running all over the place. The only thing which would make this even better would be if the parents, perhaps, would slightly monitor their children during their hotel stay.

The housekeeping in this hotel is very good. All rooms are very clean, the bathrooms are clean and well-stocked, and the rooms are well-maintained.

There are two elevators in this hotel.While you might have a short wait at the peak check in time, the elevators are very fast, and they are quite large. As an added bonus, the view is excellent.as you travel up to your floor.

The restaurant and lounge provide good meals and drinks in a relaxing atmosphere. The wait staff and bartender/server provide friendly, attentive service.

The bell staff will greet you everytime you enter, or exit, the hotel. You get the feeling you are part of their family, instead of a hotel guest. They will meet all of your needs, answer all of your questions,and provide advice to make your stay special.

The people are the key to the Delta London Armouries success. I do a lot of travelling - i have never met hotel employees as friendly, professional, helpful, and caring, as the people at the Delta London Armouries. If i could give a ten for service I would.

Join the Delta Privilege program - it's free, and this loyalty progarm provides many benefits.

The only negative i have is that they may forget to acknowledge a special occasion, even when it's mentioned during the reservation process. This could be a result of the new Delta website (it's not the greatest).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank H44-12
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear H44-12,
Thank you so very much for your glowing review! I really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and am so happy that you enjoy staying with us here at the Armouries. I am glad to read that you found the employees to be warm and friendly. You are right that the people working here at the Delta Armouries make the difference.

I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the Historic section of the hotel, although woken up too early from travellers to the pool. We should try the Royal Suite on your next stay, which is still in the historic section but the opposite end of the hall from the pool.

Your comments regarding the new website are appreciated. Thank you again for the wonderful review and I truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Armouries.

Alysha M.
Assistant Guest Services Manager
London, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here while attending the London Food & Wine Show. The Hotel has a lot of character and is located in the heart of London. Restaurants and bars are within walking distance. The hotel had a bunch of hockey tournament teams this weekend as well. It is not the hotels fault, but more a lack of parenting as some kids were very loud. There is a great Sunday brunch that is not to be missed while you stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tourguiderich
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Tourguiderich,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide a review from your stay at the Delta London Armouries. Your feedback is valuable and much appreciated. I am happy to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as the Sunday Brunch! We pride ourselves on having one of the best Brunches in London so I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience it. I would like to apologize for the unattended youth and their noise levels; we do attempt to have some controls in place with hired security. I truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta London Armouries the next time you find yourself in London.
Alysha M.
Assistant Guest Services Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am a structural engineer so my comments about mould in this hotel should be taken seriously. The first thing you notice as soon as you enter this hotel is the strong smell of mould. They said it is just in the lobby and the rooms are not moulded. Well it was not my experience. The first room I entered was so old and mouldy that I had to ask to move me to another room the same night. Then other problems showed up like: extremely noisy room service procedures that started at 8 am. The cleaners slam the doors every time they wanted to go in or out of the room adding that the room doors were so load every time the shuts and consider you want to sleep a little more than 8 in the morning. This procedure continues until noon. Then another night I experienced a lots of noise from everywhere at mid night and when I asked the front desk they said a team is here and they were extremely noisy. They moved me to another room which they claimed to be quite. The room was used by someone who smoked there so in order to give it to me (which dementedly asked for non-smoking) they tried to cover the smoke with a strong perfume which causes me headache and sore throat overnight. So when I told them they knew it was the case and they changed my room again. Another room I had drainage problem in toilet and bathtub etc...
I booked this hotel and had no chance or time to cancel it to go to another hotel so I had to stay in this hotel for 9 nights. So I saw everything in this hotel and I can just summarize this: this hotel is not a 3 or 3.5 star under no situation. It needs major renovations and may be inspected by health and medical authorities for closure.

p.S. an example of one of their rooms are shown in this picture (this is a part of the bathroom wall)

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank P D
Dear P D,
I'm truly sorry to hear about your recent experience and I assure you it is not the norm here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. We pride ourselves on offering a 1st class level of service and as many other reviewers have mentioned, we are the premier hotel to stay at when in London.
Your discovery of mould although not noted in your photo are quite concerning to us and we are in the midst of investigating our hotel rooms. The picture you included does not appear to be of one of our bathrooms as the décor does not quite match however it could be the angle that it was taken. At any rate, I do apologize that you were not comfortable. Our Pool is located off the 2nd floor atrium and is accessible from the lobby, perhaps it was the chlorine smell that some guests do tend to notice when they first arrive that you may have experienced.
I apologize about the disturbances from rowdy guests on your floor. We do have security onsite that do regular patrols and can be sent to a floor if a guest lets us know there is a considerable disturbance. We have spoken with our Housekeeping team about be cautious of closing doors and operating vacuums at early hours.
I want to stress that your feedback is very important to us and we will use it to ensure we continue to deliver a high level of comfort and service to our guests. I'm confident that on a return visit, you will experience what so many others have while guests of our hotel and have a fully enjoyable stay!
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I came here with my son for a hockey tournament in London. Very nice hotel, but the best part was the stuff available for our group. We booked a "party room" which was basically 2 adjoining rooms on the 4th floor with no beds, just tables, chairs, sofas, and tvs. It was relatively inexpensive, when divided up by the group. So the kids had a place to gather that wasn't someone's room, and since the entire 4th floor was dedicated to these party rooms, you didn't have to worry too much about the noise. Also in the basement, they have a small play area for kids where there are basketball nets and hockey nets. They loved playing with their mini-sticks here.

The only negative aspects were that the doors (latches) were loud, and as people went in and out of their rooms throughout the night, even though we couldn't hear people making noise, the doors were all quite loud. Also, there is no on-site parking which is a bit of a pain. The municipal lot is a block and a half away and it's $12 per night, but reception told me that sometimes it's free, depending on how busy the hotel is. Maybe it's a bonus they offer when they're trying to get more people to come? Also, the elevators were slow. We often took the stairs up and down several flights, and when we first arrived, there was such a back-log of people waiting for an elevator, that one of the staff took us around to the "staff" elevator. We appreciated this, for sure, and maybe the lengthy elevator waits were just because there were so many teams staying there.

Overall, a really nice hotel with lots to offer families or large groups with kids.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator / stairway (the door squeaked as people came in and out of the stairs, which...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OntarioJenn
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear OntarioJenn,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your team enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our Children's Play area in our Lower Lobby as well as the Team Hospitality rooms. We find both these areas offer a great benefit to the teams staying with us as it allows everyone to gather together and visit after games without disturbing other guests staying at the hotel who may not be part of the team or tournament.
Parking is limited within the Downtown core where our hotel is located. We offer a flat rate in the municipal lot of $12 per night so that you may come and go as much as you need to. Otherwise the lot charges morning, afternoon, and evening rates which can cost upwards of $30 per day.
I would like to offer my apologies for the disturbance you experienced with the door latches. I've made our Maintenance team aware and they will be looking at making some adjustments to the guest room door closures in hopes of correcting this.
Thank you once again for you comments and I look forward to welcoming you back here in the near future!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed there for one night last weekend and was very disappointed. I wasn't able to sleep past 8 am due to the noises in the hallway. The room has absolutely no sound insulation.. There were kids playing outside my room door and it felt as if they were in the room.. It's partly the fault of the inconsiderate guests that allowed their kids to play that early, but the room should have some sort of insulation too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wissam_91
Dear Wissam_91,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience and that you were disappointed with your visit. Our rooms generally have the standard sound proofing but when there is excessive noise right outside the rooms and in the hall, the sound can travel. At any time you are being disturbed by noise from another guest, please don't hesitate to contact the front desk. Our team is trained to handle noise disruptions with discreet care so that the offending guests understand that it can't continue and the guest that is being disturbed is not made known so there is no further issue. I do apologize on behalf of the hotel and assure you this is not a typical experience here at the Delta London Armouries. I do hope to be able to welcome you back to visit us again in the near future!