Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
jamacia
“great”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a great time last visit, the staff was helpful and the rooms clean.
Enjoyed the visit alot. I would recommend this hotel to everyone that visits London.
We loved the decor of the room we were in and it was very clean!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear frankzone5,
Thank you for taking some time to tell us and future travellers about your stay! I'm delighted to hear how much and your family enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to experience our unique mix of history and hospitality. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Forest City!
Kindest Regards,
Pamela N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Toronto
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

First of all I want to say that I don't dislike this hotel in the least. It is a hotel in a beautiful old historic building but it is in need of a renovation. The decor is tired and dated but the place really has potential. The pool area is lovely and the wifi is a great free amenity when staying here. However it is a pricey place to stay at $171 a night

• Stayed September 2012
Dear YYZAC,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. I'm sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations as we have done with so many guest in the past. Our unique historic property tells many tales from it's time as an original Armory and I'm happy to hear you did enjoy that aspect. We have renovated a number of our guest rooms including our Premier and Signature Club styles and we are in the process of continuing those renovations over the next little while. Delta Hotels as a whole is excited to announce a brand new room style that has already made appearances in many of our properties and will be coming to us very soon! I'm sure you'll enjoy the modern luxurious feel these Mode rooms will offer.
Our rates also do vary based on availability and date of stay and we are always offering specials and promotions to make our guests stay as cost efficient as possible.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Best hotel in London by far. London is a small city, and this is at the core of everything, so you're really close to everything. All the nice restaurants are within a short walking distance.

The public areas of the hotel are really nicely kept. I was moved to a higher floor, and offered valet service for the same price as regular parking fee...all these without any effort, it's just good customer service. Valet guys are polite, and so are the front desk staff.

Only issues are that the elevators are a bit slow, and the WC was too close to the wall in the washroom so it was hard to fit in! Otherwise, it's a great hotel. London has a lot of weddings in summer, so you'll find guests attending local weddings if you go there in the weekends. We had a bunch of crazy ones on our floor who were really loud. After an hour of craziness, I called front desk and complained. It was taken care of immediately.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Imran K
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Imran K,
Thank you for taking some time to tell us and others about your stay. I'm glad we were able to provide you with a most enjoyable experience and that you found our central Downtown location convenient for site seeing in London. I'm sorry that you were disturbed by noisy neighbours. The weekends do often tend to be quite busy and as you mentioned lots of wedding guests! We are one of the premier spots for weddings and love making magic happen for the couples. We do however what to make sure all our guests are comfortable and I'm glad our security team was able to address the noise concerns you had in a prompt manner.
Thanks again for sharing your story and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
toronto, ontario
Reviewed August 24, 2012

it was pride weekend in london and the hotel was full. additionally there were two weddings taking place and they overflowed into the atrium and thus into the restaurant area.
the lobby is far to small for the amount of traffic coming and going in the hotel -- particularly with the weddings goping on on saturday.
the window opener was broken and the vanity blocked setting the water temperature, shower flow and getting into and out of the tub as no safety bars.
will stay at the hilton next time!

Room Tip: book a tower room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank muscletongue3000
Dear muscletongue3000,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. Based on your rating I'm very happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that our lobby area was crowed during your stay. Our historical building limits the amount of changes we can make structurally but we do try to keep our guests moving and directing them to where they need to go. Typically when weddings are happening we ask that the guests remain in their ballrooms however some do choose to take a break from the festivities and they are more then welcome relax in our lounge area and enjoy a beverage. Weekends are an exciting time in London and we make every effort to ensure all guests’ needs are met no matter what their reason for visiting.
I was sorry to hear the guest room had some deficiencies. Based on your comment I believe you were in an Armouries Room and we have had our maintenance team check all the windows and repair any loose handles. The tub surround does have grab bars on the tub area but we only have safety bars located in our accessible rooms. I do hope that this reassures you that our guests comfort is a top priority to us and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to London!
Minden, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just got back from a three day trip. Delta London Armouries was my home base. It was, as I had hoped...excellent. Right from the welcome at the front door to the wave as I was driving away. Awesome!!! Food was great, service was friendly (thanks Ashley and everyone else). I was always in a rush so I was in awe how quick I got my food. I really appreciated it.
The rooms were very nice and I had great sleep after a loooooong day. Love the beds!!!
I did have a chance to explore around the hotel a little. Lots of things to do nearby. Too bad I didn't have more time. Can't wait to go back and do it all again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank FoodCrusade
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear FoodCrusade,
Thank for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. I'm really happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. We'll make sure Ashley gets a special recognition for her efforts in getting you in and out with a good meal. London has so much to offer and our Downtown location makes us the perfect centre spot for exploring. We can't wait to have you come visit us again!
Kindest Regards,
Oakville, Ontario
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Delta is the only place I stay when visiting London. Stayed again for one night recently in a Signature King room. Very nicely appointed, comfortable bed, work desk and lounge chair with ottoman. A large bathroom with an excellent selection of toiletries. The Club lounge is a nice spot for evening drinks, Hors d'Oeuvres, and cookies. The morning breakfast offered was tasty and plentiful.

The hotel's amenities are above average (although I wish there was a Spa), and the downtown location can't be beat (an easy walk to the train station and the many great eating choices in the area).

Finally, the staff are always friendly, professional and accommodating. While one could stay somewhere else for half or two-thirds the price of a Signature room, I believe you still get a great value and I wouldn't consider anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1stclasspreferred
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear 1stclasspreferred,
Thanks for taking a moment to comment on your stay! The Signature Club rooms are my favourite as well and I agree that for the little extra cost, they offer a world of luxury! Glad you enjoyed them it much as I have.
A Spa would be handy right here on site and it's something we are working on finding the space for. Our historical building doesn't give much opportunity for expansion but we are always looking for options. In the mean time, we've partnered with a fantastic place here in London called Artistic Esthetic Spa and have some great spa packages available. Hopefully on your next stay you'll look into booking one and have an even better experience.
Thanks again for telling us about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed for one night on a business trip and everything was perfect. The room (Signature Club, 18th floor) was well appointed and the bed and bedding were some of the most luxurious I've seen at a hotel (and I am picky). The location is right in the centre of things and in spite of its central location I found my room to be very quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Request a high floor. Contact Delta hotels on Twitter - they are very helpful and accommodating.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Oneplusbabe
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Oneplusbabe,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay as travelling on Business can sometimes be unpleasant. We like to try and make you feel at home when you're away from home. The Signature Club rooms are definitely the best way to go!
We love all our social media outlets and like to reward those guests who tweet and post about us! glad you're a follower.
Next time, bring the whole family and enjoy a relaxing getaway! See you again soon
Kindest regards