“Tracie and Mike,s wedding April 19, 2014”

Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in London
London, Canada
“Tracie and Mike,s wedding April 19, 2014”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We are so happy for Mike and Tracie. The weather was wonderful, Jen and all the staff at Spencer went above and beyond. Our quests enjoyed their wedding. There was everything from out door heaters to indoor quiet time to dancing and dinner all in different rooms. I have been to many wedding but never as well organized as Spencer - hats off to Cliff and his staff. Thank you for making this day unforgetable.

Room Tip: Did not stay but family and said it was very nice and would stay again
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience while here for Tracie and Mike's wedding.

A wedding is a wonderful chance to share in the couple's new lives together - and we are very lucky that we get to share that experience with them. I am happy that you enjoyed the day - and it was both memorable and special.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Derek Grimaldi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Vancouver
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre is an ideal place to stay when you are visiting London and the University of Western Ontario. Conveniently located just north of campus in extensive grounds, this converted country house now operates as a conference centre and hotel. Free parking, free internet, and some homely touches like free coffee, tea, hot chocolate and fruit make you feel as if you are in a country house rather than a hotel. The rooms, bathrooms and beds are comfortable and modern. The buffet and a la carte breakfasts are delicious. If you're there in the summer months, they have free bicycles so you can ride on the paths beside the river. You're a short drive to downtown, UWO campus or Masonville Mall. Rooms are for two people but if you are travelling with family the rates are so good that even booking two rooms might be cheaper than a hotel downtown.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Spencer. We appreciate your feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that both our facility's location and the facility itself made your trip more pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Spencer.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I received a very warm welcome as soon as we walked through the door! On the way to our heritage room in the north part of the building we were surprised to find a wonderful array of snacks available on the third floor, some of which we took to our room to enjoy. The map we were given was a bit confusing and we got turned around, but a very sweet housekeeper ( I can't remember her name ) kindly helped us get to our room. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the room was spotless! Thank you for a wonderful stay and we will be sure to come back next time we are in London!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found our staff welcoming and pleasant. We strive to make our guests feel at home at Spencer and I am glad that you will choose to stay with us again upon your next trip to London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Spencer soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My son had an audition at the U of Western. This was my first visit to London. Went for Audition Two weeks prior in Montreal and stayed at the Holiday Inn. We decided to try the Ivey Spencer after the great reviews. Well, I quickly learned not to believe everything you read.
The place was indeed quiet and clean. The first staff at the front desk was very very nice. The other staff on the second day was horrible and was not very helpful.
We ended up checking out earlier than we wanted to. Took a taxi to go to McDonald's for breakfast.
We were given the impression that breakfast was included. My son barely had a scoop of yogurt. I had a stale english muffin and was surprise to learn we were billed $10.

I wouldnt stay there again. Holiday Inn was much better. We were better informed and the price was cheaper which included good breakfast that kept us filled until lunch tme.

It was a pricey lesson but we learned. Never again would we stay there. We thought it was closer to the U of W. but it ended up costing us so much more than if we had just stayed at Holiday Inn and took a cab or bus to the University.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank paulette e
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

Consistency and execution are key components of our delivery promise and in this case we failed to live up to that promise. We have reviewed your feedback as a team and are looking at our processes to ensure these inconsistencies do not repeat themselves.

I do apologize for your negative experience and hope that you will give us another try in the future so that we may redeem ourselves.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I stay here to be near U of Ontario Western and this is my second visit. As a very frequent traveler I am compelled to write to commend the friendly, solicitous service here. Everyone here seems to really care about delivering a great experience for their guests. Seldom do you see this level of effort outside of 5 star hotels. Oh, and the hotel itself is a beautiful property, nestled in the forest yet only a couple of minutes from everything. A huge improvement over staying in downtown. Well done, will definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us.

I appreciate your comments and feedback and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff do make the difference and I am pleased that they made your stay with us enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Spencer.

London
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet, easy access location. I have been staying in this hotel for years now whenever I visit my sister in London. HOWEVER, I'm not happy with the HUGE increases in cost when there is a special event going on in London (2.5x the normal fee!) plus on my most recent stay, I was charged an extra $10 for the last night of my stay because the hotel was "expecting a large influx of people"! ????? Why does this concern me or my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am happy that you have enjoyed staying with us in the past - but do apologize for your recent experience. Our rates do fluctuate from day to day - a room on one day may cost more than another - but it sounds that this was not properly explained to you and for that I am sorry. We are reversing the extra $10.00 charge off your last night's stay and a hotel representative will be contacting you to confirm.

Again, I apologize for the issues you faced during your recent stay and hope you will give us another chance to win back your business.

London
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The location ensured the hotel would be very quiet. I was impressed with how good the food was, and the lounge staff were fun and interactive. The front desk staff were friendly and prompt with service. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to create a positive experience for you.

We hope to see you again.