“Great spot for business trips”

Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Great spot for business trips”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was really pleasantly surprised with my stay here and would definitely recommend it to colleagues and go back myself. I was there for one night on a work trip. The service was great, they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and accommodate me.

I think this hotel is really well situated. It's on a beautiful and secluded property off the main road. I enjoyed the little extras, like complimentary coffee and tea in the main areas.

My room was a little cold and not the absolute cleanest, but overall this is excellent value/location, etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return when again visiting the London area. I do apologize for the temperature and cleanliness of your room - I will be following up with the appropriate departments to remedy this in the future.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Spencer.

Derek Grimaldi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Toronto
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I booked a room here from expedia. I had 2 options and I chose the room that was slightly more expensive. I believe I was put in the cheaper room. Room 113. it was nice and clean but small and I'm thinking not that one I paid for. I went to call the front desk but the phone option for front desk didnt work. The walk to the front desk from where I was was pretty fair through a bit of a maze so I didnt bother. The facility was nice, obviously more for a business or working environment then a hotel vibe which is cool. The restaurant food was good but the environment wasn't that of a restaurant. The service there was good though. One other detail I understood but didnt like was that they lock the front doors on one end of the hotel after 11pm so you have to walk, or drive to the other end to get in and then walk all the way through the facility to get to your end again. painful especially on a cold night. I come and stay in London a few times a year and have stayed in a few other places but decided to try this one. I dont think this would be in my top choices going forward. I am giving this a 2 star based on the room error. Other then that, a pleasant place to stay if this is your cup of tea.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

Consistency and execution are key components of our delivery promise and in this case we failed to live up to that promise. I will be following up with our front desk manager to see why this room issue occurred.

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and I do hope you will try us again as we would welcome the opportunity to provide you with the service you expect and deserve.

Stratford Ontario Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This property is ideal for those who require tests at local London hospitals. Only a minute from LHSC Unversity hospital and no more than 5 minutes from St. Josephs.It offers all the amenities of a large hotel and is situated on a large wooded property ready for long walks. The dining room is elegant yet modestly priced.
Special rates are offered for families of patients in hospitals. The rooms were beautifully decorated.
Why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the heritage building you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience here at Spencer.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our close proximity to LHSC University Campus made getting to your appointments convenient.

Wingham, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2014

If I ever have to stay in another hotel in London, I will be sorely disappointed!

What an unexpected, yet wonderful place to stumble upon! Driving past the front gates of the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre (in its out of the way location), one would never even surmise that this is a hotel and would likely keep driving. What an experience they are missing! If not for the trusty internet, we would have likely been two of those unfortunate souls!

I was looking for a romantic and cozy (but affordable) weekend getaway that would be a little different from the norm and this is what I found. Lucky me...lucky us!

We were greeted by Julie...a perky, warm, inviting girl at reception and were immediately made to feel welcome. She explained the perks (like 24 hour refreshments at the coffee bar) and that we should feel free to go exploring through this historical wonder....something we took her up on after we got settled.

Our room was gorgeous, clean and had that brand new feel! We were in the new wing of the hotel and there were a few different lectures/meeting going on, but these did not interfere with our stay in any way. What a great place to hold your business meeting, if that's what you're looking for!

Our exploration of the hotel was just what we thought it would be - a step back in time. There are pictures up throughout the old wing with descriptions of the hotel changes throughout the years...very interesting. It's just a beautiful place. I look forward to going back during a less frigid time of year so that we can explore the substantial grounds as well.

All of the staff were friendly and cordial, especially Julie (we really liked Julie). We ate there only once, at the breakfast buffet and it was great! Service was awesome and the food was hot and tasty with something for every palate! We didn't walk away hungry, that's for sure.

I have never had an experience like this at another North American hotel. Kudos to the staff and an extra shout out to Julie for the special touches that made our stay even better (if that was possible).

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that in particular Julie helped to make your stay with us memorable. It is great to hear such terrific feedback and it sounds like you enjoyed many different aspects of what we have to offer.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2014

From beginning to end, our experience was fantastic. The staff were so welcoming and helpful - gave us breakfast "passes" (and the breakfast option were many, and the food was great - real, fresh fruit, how great is that?). The fitness room is up to date, the equipment worked great, clean, airy. Access to really GOOD teas on our floor (can't speak to the coffee - I don't drink it). The room was clean, roomy; mattress was perfect. Everything updated. A very nice business class hotel - although it is on property with lots of trees, nearby trails, etc. Calming and tranquil. Free parking too. The staff at the desk, in the halls, and in the dining room were all superb. This was such a terrific find. We would whole-heartedly recommend it and stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Our property is beautiful in the winter (especially with the amount of snow we have received this year). I hope you may be able to come back and stay with us in the spring or summer - and enjoy our many outdoor areas.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is just an overall great lace to stay, business or otherwise. rooms are small but very clean and comfortable rooms that have all you need. Very affordable compared to other Hotels. Beautiful grounds in an older heritage building. I will be staying here again if the need arrises.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay - hopefully you will be able to come and stay with us in the summer next time, when you would be able to enjoy our outdoor areas!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Spencer!

London
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My stay was for one evening with dinner . The service was excellent. Loved reading about the history of the estate. It was a beautiful location. Only issue, couldn't get breakfast as it didn't open until 7:00 am.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am sorry that you were unable to partake in our breakfast - hopefully next time!