Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
$126
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,308 results
All reviewsbusiness schoolexcellent facilitywestern universitybeautiful propertyconference facilitiesrooms are smallmeeting roomuniversity hospitalguest roomsbreakfast buffetexcellent staya great place to stayenjoyed my stayfresh fruitbusiness tripivywedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My stay was for one evening with dinner . The service was excellent. Loved reading about the history of the estate. It was a beautiful location. Only issue, couldn't get breakfast as it didn't open until 7:00 am.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience here at Spencer.

I am sorry that you were unable to partake in our breakfast - hopefully next time!

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I taught leadership for the teachers' federation in this facility over 25 years ago. If the present staff is continuing to provide the service and amenities I enjoyed then(and I have no reason to think it isn't as good or better now) then I highly recommend it! The rooms were clean and well maintained; the lecture theatres are very well equipped and the meals there were simply superb-professionally prepared to meet the highest standards. The gardens are colorful, very well maintained and simply a delight to stroll through. This facility has been used for many years to train business professionals in finance and commerce. I

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we are continuing to provide the service that you expect and deserve.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I were married here and come back each year for our anniversary, Staff always remembers us and greets us by surname no matter if we are in the restaurant, bar or just in the main lobby. Hotel is always quiet, very clean, comfortable and we have never had a bad meal.

Thank you for making this special occasion memorable each year and see you next November!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SDyer45
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Spencer.

I am glad you choose to return each year on your anniversary - I am sure it brings back many happy memories for you. It is a treat for us as well - to get to know our customers even better and get updates on their lives.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit in November 2014!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I used the facilities of the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre while in London for a 2-day work conference. With approximately 50 attendees, and other events taking place the week of our conference as well, the conference centre was overbooked in terms of available rooms. A few of my colleagues and I volunteered to stay elsewhere. The Ivey Centre arranged for our accommodations at the Windermere Manor about 2 minutes down the road. Due to the overbooking on their part, they notified us 2 weeks in advance and made appropriate arrangements in a timely manner. They covered the complete cost of our stay at the Windermere Manor and even arranged for a complimentary shuttle service to and from the conference centre as frequently as required. Bravo to how well managed the overbooking situation was handled. Thanks to the event coordinator Al for the great customer service.
In regard to the conference room/facility I have nothing but positive remarks. The audio and visual technology in the room was fantastic, and the room layout and comfortable seating made the auditorium extremely conducive to learning. Fantastic snacks and beverages were provided during breaks such as mini BLT bagels, fruit, granola, ice cream bars, San Pellegrino, Starbucks coffee, Tazo Teas, lemon thyme water, citrus water etc. The conference facility also provides water glasses and water pitchers/coolers to support their environmentally sustainable position. All meals- breakfast, lunch, and dinner were extremely enjoyable- and as a healthy eater I was impressed by the numerous healthy options available. A full breakfast buffet spread offered everything from eggs and bacon, to 4 different types of breakfast sausage, fruit, cheeses, potatoes, yogurt, granola etc. Lunch was also fantastic with options ranging from pastas and chicken dishes, to spinach salads, and fresh homemade soups. Dinner was fantastic with 3 options made available to us: pasta, prime rib, and salmon. I must say, I was extremely impressed with both the variety in options and the quality of the food.
Overall, my experience at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre was fantastic and I would certainly recommend it for any corporate training/conference.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while here at Spencer for a conference.

It sounds like you enjoyed many aspects of your event here and I am pleased that we provided you with the service you expect and deserve. Perhaps handled differently your stay could have been unpleasant but I am glad that your group was treated with the respect and service that you would expect from Spencer.

We greatly appreciate your loyalty and your fantastic review.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was in need of a quiet room for the weekend to study for a four and one half hour exam, as the previous night I spent a night at a hotel that was less than quiet. The service was quick, courteous, and accommodating to my needs. Hotel staff were more than helpful and within one hour of leaving the previous hotel at 9am, I was set up in a beautifully quiet room. The hotel's slogan that a stay at this hotel will nourish the mind, body, and spirit was definitely my experience! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Although the room on the north end was a bit more of a walk and up some stairs, it was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at Spencer.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel enabled you to study for your exam uninterrupted.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future!