“A facility that is over the top!”

Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I taught leadership for the teachers' federation in this facility over 25 years ago. If the present staff is continuing to provide the service and amenities I enjoyed then(and I have no reason to think it isn't as good or better now) then I highly recommend it! The rooms were clean and well maintained; the lecture theatres are very well equipped and the meals there were simply superb-professionally prepared to meet the highest standards. The gardens are colorful, very well maintained and simply a delight to stroll through. This facility has been used for many years to train business professionals in finance and commerce. I

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience here at Spencer.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we are continuing to provide the service that you expect and deserve.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I were married here and come back each year for our anniversary, Staff always remembers us and greets us by surname no matter if we are in the restaurant, bar or just in the main lobby. Hotel is always quiet, very clean, comfortable and we have never had a bad meal.

Thank you for making this special occasion memorable each year and see you next November!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SDyer45
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Spencer.

I am glad you choose to return each year on your anniversary - I am sure it brings back many happy memories for you. It is a treat for us as well - to get to know our customers even better and get updates on their lives.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit in November 2014!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I used the facilities of the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre while in London for a 2-day work conference. With approximately 50 attendees, and other events taking place the week of our conference as well, the conference centre was overbooked in terms of available rooms. A few of my colleagues and I volunteered to stay elsewhere. The Ivey Centre arranged for our accommodations at the Windermere Manor about 2 minutes down the road. Due to the overbooking on their part, they notified us 2 weeks in advance and made appropriate arrangements in a timely manner. They covered the complete cost of our stay at the Windermere Manor and even arranged for a complimentary shuttle service to and from the conference centre as frequently as required. Bravo to how well managed the overbooking situation was handled. Thanks to the event coordinator Al for the great customer service.
In regard to the conference room/facility I have nothing but positive remarks. The audio and visual technology in the room was fantastic, and the room layout and comfortable seating made the auditorium extremely conducive to learning. Fantastic snacks and beverages were provided during breaks such as mini BLT bagels, fruit, granola, ice cream bars, San Pellegrino, Starbucks coffee, Tazo Teas, lemon thyme water, citrus water etc. The conference facility also provides water glasses and water pitchers/coolers to support their environmentally sustainable position. All meals- breakfast, lunch, and dinner were extremely enjoyable- and as a healthy eater I was impressed by the numerous healthy options available. A full breakfast buffet spread offered everything from eggs and bacon, to 4 different types of breakfast sausage, fruit, cheeses, potatoes, yogurt, granola etc. Lunch was also fantastic with options ranging from pastas and chicken dishes, to spinach salads, and fresh homemade soups. Dinner was fantastic with 3 options made available to us: pasta, prime rib, and salmon. I must say, I was extremely impressed with both the variety in options and the quality of the food.
Overall, my experience at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre was fantastic and I would certainly recommend it for any corporate training/conference.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while here at Spencer for a conference.

It sounds like you enjoyed many aspects of your event here and I am pleased that we provided you with the service you expect and deserve. Perhaps handled differently your stay could have been unpleasant but I am glad that your group was treated with the respect and service that you would expect from Spencer.

We greatly appreciate your loyalty and your fantastic review.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was in need of a quiet room for the weekend to study for a four and one half hour exam, as the previous night I spent a night at a hotel that was less than quiet. The service was quick, courteous, and accommodating to my needs. Hotel staff were more than helpful and within one hour of leaving the previous hotel at 9am, I was set up in a beautifully quiet room. The hotel's slogan that a stay at this hotel will nourish the mind, body, and spirit was definitely my experience! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Although the room on the north end was a bit more of a walk and up some stairs, it was extremely qui...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at Spencer.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel enabled you to study for your exam uninterrupted.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stay at a lot of hotels for business. A lot 95 in the last 3 weeks). I have never been so impressed as I was with Spencer. Fantastic warm and engaged staff. Great housekeeping. Lots of laughs in Asher's lounge and we saw a family of deer walk by the window one night (the grounds and building are historical and beautiful). AMAZING group dinner (mmmm prime rib). Classroom facilities had the best acoustics and sight lines we've experienced in a hotel yet. We didn't need microphones for our audience at all. The gym is the best hotel gym I have EVER seen...it's like a real club facility. I was sad when the time came to check out. I'd like to live at Spencer year-round.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the south building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

I am happy to hear you enjoyed so many different elements of your stay here. I love to hear feedback from our guests and I am pleased to hear that we have created an environment that enhanced your overall experience.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London (Ontario).

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We recently attended a swimming competition with my son, we did not find any availability in the traditional chain hotels. We found this alternative and we were doubtful about it but at the end we were very satisfied with the hotel and its staff. Excellent service, I really recommended it. Great hotel in a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

I am glad that you gave us a try and we were a pleasant surprise.

If your travels bring you back to London (or when London hosts the next swim meet) I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

In the heritage section where we stayed, rooms are small, but they are comfortable, with wide screen tv, spotless bathroom, plenty of hangers and free wireless internet and some interesting heritage furnishings. The center is mainly for conferences, which adds amenities to enjoy. There's plenty of coffee, tea, etc. available all the time, healthy snacks, the best workout/exercise room I've seen at a hotel, lounges galore for relaxation and reading, and by all means, buy into the breakfast, which is outstanding. (Make sure the staff remembers to give you your breakfast ticket.) Grounds are lovely, as well, and a quiet, quite safe housing area a block away provides easy walking or running on sidewalks. The facility is not in central London, so a car is necessary to get around. For a week-end couple's break from Toronto or Detroit area, it would serve well, and certainly for a solo visitor or business person.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It sounds like you enjoyed many elements of your stay here. I am glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast - it is great, with lots of selection. We are a little of the beaten path here - so a car is definitely helpful - and with our free parking - it is easy to come and go as you wish!

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.