“4 nights at Ivey Spencer (Sept 2012)”

Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in London
London, Canada
“4 nights at Ivey Spencer (Sept 2012)”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great Hotel; stayed there to move my son into UWO, but it is not your typical hotel. Used a lot for management training for Western University programs, but regular guests are welcome & will have a great experience. The staff are very friendly & each day they place naturally flavoured water in the lobby, with some very creative flavours (nice touch). The grounds are 30 acres, with squirrels & deer visible most mornings. The rooms are clean & well equipped. Wireless High speed internet works great. The location is a good one; 2 minutes drive from Western University & all major shops within a 5 mile radius. The room price is good value for money. I didnt see any kids, but it should be children friendly as there is so much green space for them to run up & down, or for adults to exercise. I certainly would recommend the hotel & stay again. Overall 4 stars. Value for money 5 stars.

Room Tip: 3rd floor may have plenty of activity with management training going on. If you want super quiet, st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us while getting your son settled in at Western. We do have families that stay with us and they definitely enjoy the open outdoor space we offer.

We hope you will stay at Spencer during your next trip to London.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Singapore
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Have just stayed here to get my son launched at Western. Our experience has been wholly positive, We found the place quite charming. Proximity to the Western and the Masonville campus was useful as we shuttled around to get the necessities for my son. I don't know London well, but other motels/hotels seem more distant. Nice coffee lounge on our floor. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at Spencer. We are one of only a few north London hotel's that are close enough to Western and Masonville Place to be convenient.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us while getting your son situated at Western.

We hope to see you on your next visit to London.
Toronto
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here prior to the big move in of students. Great location if you want peace and quiet with nature all around. It is isolated and not really near anything. Huge comples and well suited to its name as a conference center

Upon arrival only had a disabled room meaning no tub however the check in stAff member offered free breakfast for my son and I which was a nice touch. Breakfast was actually quite amazing and I could choose from the menu or the continental buffet. I chose the French toast and my son the smoked salmon and bagel with cream cheese. We both really enjoyed the meal

I found the room quiet and modern in finishings. The work desk light was much appreciated once I found it as was the free wifi which can be accessed anywhere in the buildings. Overall a really nice stay and I plan on returning again in one month when it's time to do another grocery shop for the kid

• Stayed September 2012
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience here at Spencer. We have many guests that love our country in the city feel and come back time and again to relax and unwind. And our being close to the university, downtown and shopping works well for people that want a little more excitement!

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed 3 nights while getting my daughter settled in London to attend university. Beautiful old and new buildings and grounds, friendly and helpful front desk staff, impeccably clean, very comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. Conveniently located for the university and close to a large shopping mall (Masonville Mall) just off the main drag of Richmond St.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience here at Spencer. We are quite close to Western and I'm glad it worked well for you while getting your daughter settled into school.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Leadership Centre for a wedding. It was wonderful to have everything in one spot - the wedding, the reception, our room, and a restaurant for breakfast the next day. The facility itself is beautiful, old and new blended together wonderfully. The grounds too are lovely, somewhat secluded from the hussle and bussle of the city, and yet very close to shopping etc. We actually saw a deer one evening in the back lawn area grazing on the grass.
The space provided for the wedding and the reception was wonderful. Along with the outside patio it gave people lots of area to wander, sit and chat, and dance as the evening went on. The food for the wedding was excellent, along with the appetizers before dinner, and the late night snack.
Our room was very comfortable. The bed was comfy, linens nice, bathroom was roomy enough and had the essentials (nice fluffy towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash & hair dryer), but no extras (q-tips, cotton balls, etc). It was very neat and clean. I was not initially aware that all the rooms didn't have small fridges, so I was glad I had called back to find out and request a room with a fridge.
We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. It was a wonderful stay, and I would definately stay there again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: If you need a fridge, request a room with one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbie M
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at Spencer. I am pleased that the wedding you attended went well and you enjoyed your time here. We have recently under gone some guestroom renovations - and it sounds like they made your stay a little more enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to London.
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stumbled into this option for staying in London Ontario through Hotwire.
The front desk staff were cheery and helpful.
The room was small but clean, great linens, nice bathroom, great shower.
The grounds are beautiful. I loved that we could actually open our windows for fresh air.
I found myself thinking what a great place it would be to host a conference. There was a wedding reception when we were there, which strikes me as an inspired choice of venue.
I can't speak to the food as we were only overnighting.

One quibble: The $18.50 cab ride to downtown (York & Wellington) bumps this out of the 'central' category. It's definitely in the north end of town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are one of London's best kept secrets - and through Hotwire and other similar websites we are spreading the word that we are a great venue. We do have many conferences and wedding receptions throughout the year - with many groups returning year after year!

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience here at Spencer and look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The mattress was perfect. The room was very clean. I didn't get a chance to eat onsite but it looked like a 5 star restaurant. I will try it the next time I stay at this hotel. The grounds were beautiful and the building itself was majestic. I true feast for the eyes. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rebecca123Y
, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear valued client,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We recently replaced our mattresses in our guestrooms and it sounds like it enhanced your stay with us. We have been receiving terrific feedback about our mattresses and I am glad you had a great sleep.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London, when you will hopefully have a chance to enjoy our restaurant - the food there is great!