“University Living”

Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 18, 2011

If you are feeling nostalgic for university living, then this is the place for you. It is a budget operation and the room is good value for the money, although it has the look and feel of a grad student residence. The restaurant is open for breakfast only until 9 am and the university dining experience is carried through there, as well.

• Stayed: November 2011
Strathroy6ontheGO, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay at Spencer. We are pleased to offer two distinct room types on property - our Heritage Guestrooms and our more spacious Ivey Guestrooms. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to London as I would be pleased to offer a complimentary upgrade to one of our larger guestrooms.

We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Derek Grimaldi

There are newer reviews for Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre

Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel was satisfactory. I think that they are over charging for the rooms though as they are quite expensive and not very special. The first night our room had a leak above the shower unit late at night just as we were wanting to go to sleep, the staff sorted it out quickly though. You can hear an awful lot of noise from people in the halls and in the other rooms, doors opening & closing, etc. which can be very annoying. The gym was fairly good, nice range of equipment & opened 24hrs. We liked that there was free wifi and computers to use. The free drinks in the lobby were nice too. The Starbucks coffee in the bedrooms hit the spot in the morning as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Parren75
Strathroy6ontheGO, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience here at Spencer. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to evaluate our services and enhance the guest experience. The Starbucks in–room coffee program came to be as a direct result of guest feedback….we are pleased to hear you enjoyed it.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London (Ontario).

Derek Grimaldi

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were attending a snow birds reunion and this was the designated hotel. It was lovely. Rooms very small and no king beds, but the rooms were newly redecorated and very clean. The executive wing has an elevator, the other wing does not. Lovely lounge areas with fresh fruit, coffee, tea and hot chocolate available all the time for guests. Staff very friendly. Beautiful grounds. Everything was very nicely maintained. DK's Grill is a must for lunch. Breakfast was included with our room and it was a beautiful full buffet. They have bicycles available for guests and trail maps. One of our reunion dinners was held at the hotel and it was very nice with excellent food. If we ever have an occasion to be in London again, we'd definitely stay there.

Room Tip: I would suggest you book a room in the newer section (executive wing).
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

For the type of hotel this was and pricepoint it was at, everything was excellent, it was as I expected.

The grounds are beautiful; London is a cool little town with lots in the area. I checked into the hotel real late 11pm and left real early (8am). It was literally somewhere to sleep en route. I will be stopping next summer for some cool events they do in town as well as some storybook kid’s park I read about in the hotel directory. I would stay again at this hotel.

The lobby was nice, the overnight man that checked me in was one of the most professional, polite and engaging I have encountered. We discussed Toronto a bit, he was familiar and I was heading there. Business during the weeks and weddings on weekends it sounds like. The room would be perfect for either. Not a large room, it had a queen bed but the desk was a huge L shape with a power strip and upper shelf. If I was there on business, this is what I am looking for. I was able to charge all of my batteries (2 cameras, DVD, 2 phones) without bending over looking for a hotel plug that is usually behind a nightstand or under a desk.

The bed was comfy with very nice linens, the towels were superb, the bathroom had nice soap collection with a great powerful high-headed shower (I’m 6’ 3”, I appreciate that little touch).

Room was very clean, had everything I needed and the hotel grounds are really pretty, nice history on the hotel. Found a standalone starbuck machine on my floor that I was able to make myself a coffee from and my daughter a hot chocolate. I also snagged an apple from the fruit displays. It appeared that those items are part of a conference lobby, but they were readily available with some lobby furniture in the area. Had 3 computers for use right there to, nice to check out some things without unloading a laptop and hooking up to hotel wifi to just check a couple things.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre! The room was great with a wonderful desk and a comfy bed! They had excellent fitness facilities and the location for perfect for work at UWO. There's even a shuttle to campus. Especially loved the self-serve access to Starbucks coffee. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This hotel is a real gem. The hotel staff, from front desk to housekeeping to service staff in the attached restaurant could not be lovelier. They are warm helpful and kind. The rooms are excellent. We have stayed twice here and look forward to many future stays!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre while in London for a friends wedding. Normally check-in is at 4:00, however with some warning, we were able to check in at 10am! The rooms were very clean and had all necessary items. At one point we could not get our Air conditioning to work, but after calling the main desk a manager arrived at our door within 5 minutes and made the repair. My favourite part of the hotel was the "do-it -yourself", complimentary, Starbucks station on the 3rd floor!! The hotel is located on a gorgeous property - would be excellent for a wedding.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple