“what a great place to stay”

Quality Suites London
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in London
Oil Springs
“what a great place to stay”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The suite was spacious, clean and more than what we had anticipated. We were staying to attend an early morning checkin at University Hospital. I was worried it was too far to get through the traffic at that time of morning, but I went north on Wellington and went west on Commissioners Rd over to Wharncliffe then to Western Road. We did well and the traffic was minimal going that route!!
The suite was by far the best bargain in London - asking for the "hospital rate". The bedroom had 2 double beds and TV, with French doors, separating from the living area. A table, 4 chairs, TV, sofa(bed), armchair, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker...it was all there for our use. After driving over an hour to get there, we wanted a cup of tea. Maurice at the front desk was very accommodating, getting us milk for our tea and asking if there was anything else he could help with. I discovered at bedtime, that the nightlight did not work. I called Maurice and he quickly brought a new nightlight since my mother needed one to see to get up to the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning was great - lots to choose from - bagels, cereal, muffins, danishes, fruit, yogourt, toast, waffles, coffee, juice, etc. Kudos to the Quality Suites in London. Thanks Maurice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 742Ellen
qualityisbest, General Manager at Quality Suites London, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
We're very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Suites London. Hospital visits are one of the occasionally unfortunate necessities of life; with our reduced Hospital Stay rate, we make every effort to make our guests' pre- or post-hospital stay as painless as possible.

I will certainly pass along your compliments to Maurice! Our staff is always here to help.

Thank you for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ashland, KY
Reviewed April 14, 2012

When booking a hotel for a one night stay that's just a quick place to sleep I look for only a couple of things...clean, inexpensive, comfy bed and maybe free breakfast to save time and. Only the next morning. This fit that bill and sufficed fine. We checked in really late, like 3am, and they gave us a late checkout for noon instead of 11. They did have free breakfast but we were too tired to get up early enough for it. The bed was comfortable and clean as was the bathroom. The towels were really thin and the carpet was worn, but we were only there to sleep and I always travel with house shoes!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
qualityisbest, General Manager at Quality Suites London, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments! Here at Quality Suites, we aim to provide our guests with good value on a restful stay. We're in the process of upgrading our amenities, so your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for staying with us, and we hope to see you again!
Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel a few times over the past couple of years. Comparing it to newer hotels in the area it is readily apparent that it is time for a few renovations and upgrades.
First the good though...quiet, clean, decent value.
Needs improvement...lets get in tune with the times for the TV's ok? Seriously still no flatscreen and HD? Not that you could spen any amount of time sitting on the couch to watch it...this thing was so uncomfortable even for 10 minutes. A bit of paint would be nice as well

Room Tip: There are a lot of nicer hotels around.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kellick
Thank you for your feedback. We're in the process of upgrading our amenities and decor throughout the building to provide the most comfortable and restful experience possible, and appreciate hearing from all our guests.

We look forward to doing what we can to see you again!
TodVogelsang
Reviewed March 6, 2012

After reading reviews that were all over the board, I was a little worried as to what I might find. Let's start by the hotel appears to have been extensively remodeled, as were our rooms. I booked two king rooms because I was traveling with and training a new salesperson. Both rooms were beautiful, and much nicer than expected. The rooms had a separate living room, with TVs in both the living area, and bedroom. It also came with a large desk, and kitchen area. I found the staff to be one of the best I've worked with in quite a while, "I Spent 145 Nights Last Year At Choice Hotel Properties". One of the things I always look for are hotels with plenty of parking, as I drive a large p/u and tow a 15' box trailer behind it, and a good choice of restaurants close by that I can walk to. The hotel offer both, with a great Jack Astor’s just around the corner. I will defiantly stay at this property again! Great deal for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank TodVogelsang
qualityisbest, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Suites London, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Quality Suites London, and pleased to have been a pleasant surprise! Everyone on staff strives to provide our guests with the highest level of customer service, and to make sure all our guests' accommodation needs are met.

Thanks for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed here with a sports team. I thought the staff was great, and they really accommodated our team. I liked that there were separate rooms in the suites (the one with the pullout couch). Only downside is the lobby is a little dingy. The rooms were much better.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are located on the 3rd floor, opposite side of the lobby. I would avoid being near th...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank johnnyninetynine
qualityisbest, General Manager at Quality Suites London, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Suites London. We are working very hard to enhance the "feel" of our lobby so our guests feel welcomed upon their arrival. We are always happy to have our large spacious suites clean, comfortable and ready for you arrival! We are also working hard to make sure our non-smoking guests are not disturbed by our smoking rooms. Free wireless internet is available 24/7. Hope to see you again soon!
Newcastle, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We travelled for a hockey tournament. The suites were accomodating with a clean pull out couch for the kids, room for a playpen with full use of the table/chairs the room had. Separate room was nice however when I went to plug in my phone to charge i did notice a few dead ladybugs behind the side table. They really need to clean behind there! It kinda disturbed me however the regular used items were clean. I called for extra pillows during a shift change and they were very accomodating to me, a little glitch in the "phone messaging system" kept showing message when we didn't have one, they couldn't fix it at the time but were very apologetic.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank rosdniwa
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect as I booked for the weekend.
I appreciate that the hotel is dog friendly! And they really are - they don't charge extra.
The room was big, clean and quiet!
The security guard at the front desk was an added feature for me - certainly feels safer.

Well done.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank OracleAussies-Trips
Thank you for your comments on your stay. We are proud to be a pet friendly hotel where your 4-legged family member stays free. We pride ourselves on our clean and spacious suites and friendly customer service. Just remember that fantastic shopping is just across the street at White Oaks Mall, and of course parking and local calls are always free here! See you soon!