“If you don't mind...”

London Wellington Hotel
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in London
“If you don't mind...”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We were looking for a cheap place to crash on the way to Chicago and ended up at Super 8. I didn't know what to expect as it was my first experience in this sort of cheap hotel chain. A few facts describing our experience at London Super 8:
- The receptionnist's family was hanging out behind the reception desk eating fast food
- Pool was closed for no apparent reason
- Walk in rate was 10$ more than on Expedia and other websites (hopefully the clerk didn't argue when I mentionned... I would never pay 70$ for this place!)
- Holes and hair on bed sheet!!
- Old rooms (cracked sink and tub)
- AND THE WORST... face cloth had brown stains!!

We couldn't be bothered to complain as it was late and we were leaving at 5 am. We didn't get to try the hot breakfast as we were leaving too early. On the positive side the matresse was super comfy and we actually got a good night sleep.

Cheapest option in London. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Labine81
Dan W, Manager at London Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Ms. Labine,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

The receptionnist's family should not have been hanging out behind the reception desk. Because of the holiday season, the family wanted to see the father and have dinner. Unfortunately, they had to have dinner while he was working.

That very evening the pool was not closed. Since there were no users, we turn the lights off to conserve energy in the pool room.

The walk in rates are can be higher than Expedia or other websites. By booking on line you are receiving discounts or best available rate. In addition by booking in advance and prepaying your reservation, one can receive a bigger discount. The only drawback is you cannot cancel the reservation for whatever reason. Walk in reservations has its advantage and that is the guest can view the room before registering and therefore knows what type of room is offered. If the guest(s) are not pleased about the room and informs the front desk immediately, we will rectify the problem immediately.

I am sorry that you chose not to complain. We want our guest(s) to let us know during their stay so that we may have the opportunity to make their stay most enjoyable.

It is also unfortunate that you could not try our full hot buffet breakfast due to leaving early. If you are planning to return to London, please contact the hotel and leave a message and I will return your call or email me. I will make every effort for your stay to be enjoyable. Again, thank you for your comments.

GM Super 8 london
super8london@hotmail.ca
(Bus) 1-519-681-1550
(TollFree) 1-866-363-4656

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were placed in a room, walked in and the bedsheets were all over the floor. The receptionist then put us in another room that looked like a dorm room. I reserved 2 queen size beds with a 32 in tv, walked in and got 2 double beds that lift up into the wall and a small fuzzy tv that only got a few channels.
The bed was sooo umcomfortable, there was a piece of medal sticking out of the bed frame that everyone kept walking into and by the 2 nights i stayed there my shins were covered in briuses. At night the room gets so hot and stuff and you cant durn the heater off. Also before putting your food in the fridge make sure it works properly, the fridge i had froze all my food it was stuck on the high level even with you lower it yourself.

I called in advance to make sure the hot tub is working and they laughted and said "yes" when we arrive the hot tub is broken and its been like that for a while. We go and look at the pool area, the water looked green and the smell of clorine was so strong we had to leave it was giving us headaches.

The cleaning staff were very friendly, minus the 9am vacuming in the hallway.
The restaurant was very pretty, wish it was open for lunch and dinner, the free breakfast you reciedved was okay, the kids liked it. The staff in the resturant were very friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Lauren,

Thank you for your information about your stay. Our priority is to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I do apologize on behalf of our staff concerning your stay.

I am glad that I was able to speak with you on the telephone about your stay. I am also pleased you were willing to accept my invitation to return to our hotel at a future stay.

We can only improve if our guest(s) share their experience with us.

Again, I thank you.

GM Super 8 London

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Playa Coronado, Panama
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Visiting family and found the Super 8 location to be very convenient to the main road and the highway, yet not close enough for roadnoise. Comfortable rooms with exterior and interior entry. Indoor Pool and hot tub. Breakfast buffet with eggs, sauage, bacon and home fries.
Not luxurious but good location, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Try booking online with the rewards programme
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for coming to stay with us. We appreciate for your comments and we hope to continue to improve that our future guest(s) can enjoy their stay.

Yours Truly,

GM
Super 8 London On
Harrow, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2011

You get what you pay for and that was true in this case. The fact that we moved 3 times for a 2 night stay spoke volumes. We had excellent customer service from Ruth at the front desk who moved us to a suitable room after I mentioned that we had no closet to hang clothing and a broken towel bar in the bathroom. Breakfast may have been included with the room price however we didn't bargain on the hostess sitting 2 tables from us applying her nail polish. Overall it was not the most pleasant stay.

Room Tip: No elevator so be ready to climb and carry if you are on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay.

I am glad to hear that one of the front desk staff was able to assist you. I am sorry that you had to move three times. There was no excuse to have to move. Even one time is too much. I am reminding my housekeepers to look out for any items that needs attention to prevent this from happening. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have also talked to my breakfast staff and they now know that it was inappropriate for them to apply nail polish in the dining room. It will never happen again. Please accept my apology.

Thank you for concern and I hope that you will return to stay with us in the future.

Yours Truly,

GM Super 8 London
Cedarville, Michigan
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Great service, great hot breakfast. Arrived on a Friday night in August with no reservation and got a lovely room for $80. Indoor pool. Internet. The room was decorated like a bed and breakfast with a large headboard bed, wing-back reading chair, large bathroom, closet, large TV. Great stay -- wish I had stayed more than 1 night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The facility is old and poorly maintained. There are numerous holes in the wall and stains on the carpets. The restaurant is now only open for breakfast. It has been closed since 1 August 2011 for lunch and dinner. The whirlpool is broken.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This place lacks basic cleanliness, the walls are dirty and the tub has seen better days. The fitness centre treadmill is broken and the room lacks ventilation. Don't get me started on the awful springy mattresses! On a positive note the staff are very friendly and they are pet friendly.

• Stayed September 2011