“This is how a hotel should be run! Amazing staff!”

Four Points by Sheraton London
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in London
Montreal, Canada
“This is how a hotel should be run! Amazing staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

So first of all Candice at the Front Desk was so incredibly helpful!!! We were a group of 10 people, in town for a friend's wedding. She help us to find store in the area, coordinated the check in of all of our party - even though we all showed up at different times, and got us taxis which ended up being town cars for our evening.
Immediately upon arrival I noticed the special attention. We were upgraded to the SPG Preferred Members Floor and care was taken to ensure our rooms were all together. Our rooms were incredibly spacious with two queen beds, a pullout couch, two big plasma tvs and the huge bathrooms with two separate sink areas.
My friends ordered room services and said it was delicious! The staff were also quick to respond to our requests for more coffee and more towels. The bath robes were a nice touch too. If all this wasn't enough, some of us had booked a rate which included a free buffet breakfast! This was quite delicious!
Thanks to the hotel, our reunion/wedding weekend was amazing!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

This hotel is JUST AMAZING. I had a room booked there for my sister and myself to take part to a convention. It is right off the highway and close to a mall. Very strategic situation ! I did not have a car myself (took a plane to go to London) but their parking is VERY large and practical. I make a digression there: cab drivers in London are VERY warm and friendly.

We had a very large room with a lounge that gave me privacy from my sister. I never slept in more comfortable beds. Not even at my own place.

The staff of the larger restaurant was VERY understanding. My sister is muslim and our stay happened to be during the Ramadan Month for the muslims and yet, she had meals prepared conveniently at specific times of the day.

Their café at the entrance is a very cool spot to hit during the nights of a convention.

The pool and the fitness facilities are adequate and appropriate.

In overall, the staff was EXTREMELY cheerful and helpful. I recommend it to everyone. It is one of my favorite hotels ever.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

My 1st review!! Stayed here Jan 1st to 3rd due to my son having knee surgery at UH. We needed 5 in a room and stayed in a tower suite. There was a hockey team at that time staying at the hotel and because of the surgery I requested 1st floor but the manager or front desk manager?? suggested we be on the top floor. The top floor said Starwood Preferred Guests - maybe this was an upgrade or perhaps the entire tower said this on every floor?? The suite was Great! Plenty of room and 2 comfortable double beds and a full couch however not pullout. We had trouble with connecting to wifi and front desk transferred us to a tech who suggested it may be windows vista and then sent up an ethernet cable. no charge. The room was exceptionally clean and staff were pleasant . Pool was cool and there were 2 saunas male and female. Female was Cool but the place was empty so I sat in the Males with my sons. I would Definately return. If using a hospital in the area ask for the hospital rate as it was decent although you must provide proof. It is a good 15 minutes drive to UH and not bad before 7am but in rush hour it can be conjested. But I have to repeat myself it was very very comfortable!!

• Liked — cleanliness and comfort
  • Disliked — the distance between the university hospital and hotel
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Whitford, Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

We stayed at this Hotel for 10 nights as part of a Team. For our purpose we found the Four Points excellent. The room was spacious and had a lounge/room to give us privacy from our Son. There was a laundry which enabled us to catch up with a pile of washing, this was much appreciated. The indoor pool was great, although could become a little noisy when busy! The breakfast was good, parking easy outside and the staff cheerful and welcoming. Would have no hesitation in recommending or returning to this Hotel.

• Liked — Relaxed stay and good value for money. Totally adequate. Great Staff.
  • Disliked — If you wanted to be picky a little gardening would help outside.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our anniversary and absolutely loved it. We got an excellent deal on the room through a special offer on the hotel website. ($100/night) We thought it would be just your average hotel room. We were pleasantly surprised to find that we actually had a mini-suite. Not 1, but 2 flat screen TV's, refrigerator, and hi speed internet access. The bedroom was separated with sliding doors from the "living room." Our room was in the newer tower portion and had a sliding door with a small balcony. (Only about 10 rooms have these small balconies.) The room was super clean and quiet. Having said all that....we took a walk in the evening through the older section and it was much noisier, as it was filled with a group of young hockey players. We were grateful they put us in the tower. We ordered room service and it arrived in 20 minutes and was reasonably warm. Overall we had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely recommend it. Though I would suggest that you request a room in the tower section.

• Liked — Cleanliness and convenience to highway.
  • Disliked — Very congested area and no good view.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2008

This is the third time I have stayed at this property. If it were not for the fact that I am desperate to maintain my Platinum Preferred Guest status, I would not have returned.

The rooms were on the near side of average, the service left something to be desired, and the brunch left MUCH to be desired.

Unless you are a Starwood points fiend, I would avoid this hotel. It is not bad, however, nor is it good.

• Liked — Starwood points
  • Disliked — The location and the service
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank iveyguy
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2007

My family and I booked an executive suite at this hotel for two nights.

We were given the executive suite but it was located in the older building in the hotel.

When we got to the room, I looked around for a port for the high-speed internet. There was none. I called down to the front desk and was told that they had removed the port. I asked if there were other executive suites that had the ports. They told me that they had one on the new tower but that it was an upgraded suite and they would have to charge me $15 more a night. I refused.

I was browsing through the information booklet of the hotel in the room and came across a description for the rooms in the hotel. It indicated that all their rooms had ports for wired high-speed Internet. I brought the booklet down to the front desk and showed it to the clerk. She read it and asked where I had gotten the booklet! I politely told her it was in the guest suite. She then spoke to her supervisor. They then decided to "upgrade" me to the suite in the tower at no extra charge.

When we got on to the floor where our new suite was located, I saw that the floor was marked "Starwood Preferred Guest."

As a Gold Starwood member, I was totally offended that we had not been upgraded to this suite upon check in, considering that it was available and Starwood's policy is that Gold and Platinum members would be upgraded to the next best room if available.

Poor show.

• Liked — Bright and airy property.
  • Disliked — The lack of attention to Starwood Preferred Guest members.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family