“Pleasantly surprised!”

Four Points by Sheraton London
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We were in London for a wedding and needed a hotel in a pinch. I read that the hotel was under renovations and that they were almost completed so I figured we will most likely get a new room. The price was phenomenal so I went for it. I walked into a beautiful lobby and immediately felt good about my decision. They told me my room was in another wing of the hotel towards the back as we pulled round back and entered the building I thought alright this explains why it was so cheap. The hallway was dirty and dingy. I sighed as I put the key card in the door, held my breath and turned the knob.... Absolutely beautiful. I would give this the highest rating if the hallways were finished. Would definitely stay here again. We even talked about remodeling our bathroom after the one in our room.

Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton London

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed for $100 last night (a Friday). The hotel is newly renovated, and quite nice. We thought our room was quite large, nicely appointed, and the shower was excellent, in particular. This is one of the best four points I have ever stayed in. Makes the long walk to the room worthwhile!

Room Tip: get a renovated room, for sure!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton London, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very happy to hear that you recent stay was so enjoyable!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stay here often and find the service excellent. Rooms have just been renovated very stylishly. There are outer buildings so if anyone has mobility issues please ask for a room close to front.
Good catering services.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with Four Points London during your recent travels. Take care!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and found the hotel to be good with newly renovated rooms but it was a little overpriced compared to other hotels I stayed in on the same trip. Rooms were big and in great condition with some of the most comfortable beds that I have slept in. Bar area was good and the hotel is near to the highway and downtown. Rooms are a bit spread out and it is a good walk to the back of the hotel although there is parking all around. Breakfast was extra but was good and worth the $12 cost.

Room Tip: ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay during your visit to London. Our breakfast is delicious and we are happy that you were able to enjoy it. If your travels bring you to the area in the future, we would love to see you again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our hockey team was forced into this hotel by the tournament organizers so they could receive a kick-back. If we didn't stay at one of their "specified hotels" we were not allowed to enter the tournament.

The hotel covers a very large area, with a five story tower at the front, and a two story section that stretches waaaay back in the property. Our group of 17 rooms were scattered from the fifth story to the way-back. Shame on the hotel for scattering a group when our block had been reserved in July for a late September arrival.

For those in the back of the property, one had to drive to the rear and lug your bags/coolers up the stairs, as the elevators were out of order due to construction.

We were in a newly renovated room. I believe we were the very first to stay in it as we were taking plastic covers of electrical appliances (coffee, hair dryer) for use. The decor is very nice and for once there is enough lighting in the room to dispel the cheesy lounge lighting level usually found in hotels. We soon discovered that the AC unit did not work, so a repairman was dispatched within 5 minutes (good). After 15 minutes of fiddling around, he said he would return with a new unit (OK). The new unit was installed and he left but the room never seemed to cool off in comparison to the same room next door (bad).

Every ice machine in the hotel was out of service, meaning you had to trek way to the front restaurant to get ice.

The hallways, due to construction, were missing ceiling tiles and the carpets were covered in plastic to protect them from construction. Hey hotel - if you are going to renovate, do the entire floor and close it to the public.

We paid $125/night for the inconvenience of this hotel, when we could have got a better deal elsewhere.

It's tough to rate this hotel, but from my own experience with the seperation of the group, the AC issues and the lack of ice machines, I have to rate it low. Get all that fixed and it get 3/5, as it becomes just an average hotel but with a higher price for what it is.

Room Tip: Get a room in the tower to save your legs
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton London, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay with us. Our hotel team takes pride in providing the very best in quality service. We apologize that your hockey group was not placed near each other, however we cannot always guarantee the same floor due to our room types. We sincerely regret that your experience was not up to standards that you are accustomed to. We hope that you will give us another opportunity once renovation is fully complete.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I came here on a business trip. I've stayed here before on previous trips and was always happy. The hotel is close to the highway and not that far from the downtown.
I checked in at around 3:30 and there were about 10 people waiting to check in also. There were three computer stations at the check-in but only two people working the desk. Some manager was walking around instead of pitching in. One of the ladies at the check-in counter was trying to convince one of the guests to enroll in the SPG program. Let's just say things could have been run more efficiently. A waitress from their in-house restaurant was offering some nibbles to assuage guests in line, which was a nice attempt to keep everyone happy.
I'm a Platinum member, so I got upgraded to a suite, which was good news.
I had been on the road for a week, so I asked if there were laundry facilities... I was told yes, but it turned out the laundry facilities were in a part of the building which is being renovated.
Anyway, I felt the hotel had dropped the ball in some important areas of customer service while I was there. Maybe it was just a temporary thing, but it made my stay in London less pleasant.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I travel to London Ontario from Toronto frequently and recommend this hotel
which is very conveniently located on the main road from Hwy 401 into the downtown
core. The front desk personnel are friendly and welcoming; the rooms are clean quiet and comfortable and the dining room for breakfast is very good. There is ample free parking.
In general, this is the best hotel in London for the money-I recommend it highly.
K Meloff Toronto

Room Tip: Join SPG and get an upgrade.
1  Thank kmeloff