“Spacious suites, fresh, clean and comfortable! Great stay.”

Four Points by Sheraton London
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in London
London, Ontario
“Spacious suites, fresh, clean and comfortable! Great stay.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The newly-renovated Four Points by Sheraton London is absolutely lovely! My husband and I stayed at this hotel on December 31, 2011, while attending a wedding at the hotel. We had a great experience! When we walked in, the newly renovated lobby is airy and tasteful, completely modernized and very impressive. It set the tone for the rest of our visit. The staff was very friendly and extremely competent. Our king suite was wonderful. My husband and I were both really happy with it – we have very high standards and are often disappointed – but that was definitely not the case at the FP London!!

In addition to being very clean and very well-appointed, the layout of the suite is perfect - the bedroom and bathroom are located at the rear of the suite, away from the door to the room. I really appreciate that because those areas were quiet and removed from the hotel hallway which adds privacy. We felt very comfortable, relaxed and ‘at home.’

I would also like to pay compliments to the food. In addition to the delicious food we enjoyed at the wedding (food was perfect), we also dined at Tuscany’s Ristorante in the hotel. The hot breakfast buffet had everything you could want, and it tasted as good as it looked!

Great food, and great service – from check-in, to check-out! I was impressed, and would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
21 Thank kittylovessun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I've been staying at the FP's London for several years and enjoyed great service here and I’m very surprised at some of the negative comments so just wanted to add my two cents worth. Granted the renovations of 2011 were huge and took too long but in the end (Done now) it was worth it with an amazing transformation in the lobby and meeting rooms. Although a bit disruptive for parking and access into the building I never had any note worthy problems during this period like I did at other locations during reno periods i.e. noise, service problems, etc

Room - In particular I always book the Jacuzzi suite (probably 20 stays a yr) which is a nice size with a separate living room and French doors to separate the bedroom and with a separate sink/counter area that can be separated from the bathroom. Works well for any informal business meeting etc. The Jacuzzi tubs although an older style have always worked well and I've had no cleanliness/hygiene issues which is a big deal to me as I most often book or get upgraded to Jacuzzi suites where ever I travel with 100+ nights a yr in hotels

Meeting Rooms - Never used but judging by the bookings and traffic they are competitive on rates and seem to draw more conventions/events than most comparable hotels in the area.

Restaurant - SPG members now get 20% food in the restaurant. I find the food type/quality so good here I rarely eat off site which is nice and I get SPG points for it too. Servers are terrific and room service is fast and food arrives at the proper temperature.

Parking - huge parking area. No issues. No security incidents I'm aware of but in London generally you never leave anything of value in sight. Smash & Grabs are a problem in this city but no problems for me at FP’s London.

Location - Probably 3 minutes off the 401 expressway. Surrounded by restaurants of all levels and the White Oaks mall across the street. If you attend shows and sporting events held downtown a Cab from the FP's is about $10 vs. $20 parking downtown so a good alternate to the Delta or Hilton etc downtown and you've got no parking/traffic hassles.

Service/Management - If you are a frequent guest the Managers like George or Terry on the front desk make an extra effort to surprise guests sometimes with a treat in the room like a nice bottle of wine, or chilled beer on a hot summer day, or a huge cheese or fruit tray. Laura and everyone on the front desk are always polite and a great help if you need anything.

SPG Members - The new SPG member appreciation event on Wednesday is a great idea with some free beer/wine and snacks in the Lounge Bar + a change to win 2500 SPG points. I find great recognition here for Starwood SPG members at both the Gold & Platinum levels so if you are an SPG member it’s a good place to stay and the only Starwood location in SW Ontario

Problems - Any time I need something i.e. cleaner missed something or I needed extra towels or a last minute reservation change Management always addressed ASAP. Every hotel has its problems but the good ones always know how to fix it to the customer’s satisfaction and I get exceptional service here so keep coming back. Mostly there for business stays but like the place so much sometimes bring family along as well.

Room Tip: Email or Call the Front Desk directly. Ask for Terry or Laura
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
25 Thank TM643
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have stayed at the hotel in December 2010 and found it to be okay for a category 2 Sheraton, mostly due to good location - right across from a big mall. However, this year I had the most unpleasant experience with their reservations manager trying to sort out an issue with my reservation - the hotel confirmation stated a different rate from the one showing up on my original Starwood Preferred Guest confirmation. To redeem SPG points I made a reservation at SPG website for 2 adults at 30USD/night. Had I made another cash&points reservation today, it would have shown the same rate. However, confirmation email from the hotel stated 40.50USD/night. After several emails and several calls to both, SPG customer support, and the hotel, unable to get the rate I have been quoted and could still see when logging into my SPG account, I cancelled the reservation. What a waste of time - will never stay at this chain again! SPG agents proved useless - were telling me that my original rate is the correct one and that I should just tell the hotel to fix it in their system. The hotel reservations manager, George, kept telling me that $30USD is based on 1 adult - well, my SPG confirmation clearly stated that the reservation is for 2 adults. If you ever try to make a cash&points reservation, beware also of exchange rate - fine print in your reservation detail will basically say that the hotel can use whatever rate they want (suddenly USD will become as valuable as GBP). I'm glad I did not wait to check into the hotel to inquire about the rate difference - nobody likes to feel like they are being taken advantage of. In place of my Four Points reservation that was going to end up costing 100 CAD for 2 nights, I reserved Staybridge Suites, #1 in London & in the same area. Not only it is a much better property, but we will realize vacation savings as their rate includes hot/cold buffet breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Rousanna
georgethomas1210, Director, Revenue Management & Front Office Operations at Four Points by Sheraton London, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our Hotel. Rest assured, all the glitches with the SPG Cash & Points Program have been resolved and updated in our system. We sincerely regret any miscommunication about this Program. We value our guests, particularly our Starwood Preferred Guests who have preferred benefits in more than 1,000 Hotels worldwide. The success of this program is based on redeeming your earned SPG points for free stays in any of our Hotels and Resorts without any blackout dates.

We have very recently completed an extensive renovation of our lobby and adjacent meeting rooms. We look forward to an opportunity to showcase our new look and welcome you back to our Hotel.
Toronto
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I usually do not post hotel reviews because I've stayed in a LOT of hotels and I feel that most have been satisfactory in my 3 areas of concern (clean, quiet, friendly). Therefore, it takes something truly exceptional for me to take the time and write a review. My recent stay at Four Points Sheraton was EXCEPTIONAL in a very bad bad way.

I checked in this past weekend (Dec 17th) at around 2pm and was given Room 117, which is an executive suite located on the ground floor. I went in and checked the room out and apart from the bathtub enamel peeling around the drain (first time I've ever seen that), everything looked fine. I did my bedbug check and found nothing, so I was happy with the room in terms of cleanliness. I left for the day and spent time with family. I arrived back at 8pm and there were kids everywhere running up and down the hall. I thought…no problem, I will just shut the door to the bedroom portion of my suite and it will be quiet. WRONG…I can hear constant running in the suite above us… BOOM BOOm Boom boom..boom Boom BOOm BOOM. Back and forth, back and forth. Stuff was constantly dropping, which happened until around 2:30am (Yes, I was up, even though I tried to sleep at 11pm). I finally fell asleep at 3:30, only to be woken up to the same dropping and footsteps at 6:30am, at which time I got out of bed because I knew that 3 hours was all that I was going to get that night. When left the room to check out, there were approx 20 kids in the hallway playing hockey. I went back to snap a picture and most of them left but you can still see hockey being played (please see attached picture). The icing on the cake was that multiple staff walked by and did nothing. This is the first time that I've seen this in ANY hotel. Hostel/Dorms, yes…but not at a hotel.

Now you are all probably wondering why I stayed in the room and not asked to be changed. First, my wife was not feeling well, so I didn't want to move her (she could sleep off and on). Secondly, I went to the vending machine at around 1:30am and passed by a room that was extremely loud, lots of drunk people singing, beer cans in the hallway. My reaction was…at least I wasn't next to that! Best of the worst…in this poorly run hotel.

Now for general thoughts about the hotel:

The lobby is going through renovations, which you can walk through, and it is pretty nice for a four points. A little dusty and dirty at the moment, so if you don't like staying in a construction site, stay away.

The beds are very bouncy, you will feel EVERY movement from your partner. This is standard for every four points. Even Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are like that, which I hate. If you want better beds, you have to go all the way up to the Westin, the W Hotel, or St. Regis, which unfortunately London does not have.

Free WIFI and bottle of water, which is great. CLEAN brand products, which are ok.

Conclusion: For approx. the same price, my suggestion would be to go downtown to the Delta or Hilton. I've stayed at the Delta many times in the past (one time for over a week) and never had a bad stay. Much better then this pathetic excuse of a hotel. For me, this stay was a total waste of $135.

Disclaimer: I have stayed in the hotel before, my last stay being 2 or 3 years ago. I remember those stays, with the exception of one stay, being totally forgettable. Being forgettable can be a good thing when it comes to hotels aiming for mediocrity. The only reason I went back to this hotel in the past is due to the SPG program. This time in particular, my SPG points were going to expire, so I needed a stay to 'reset' my points. Four Points is the only Sheraton brand hotel in the city of London.

Room Tip: Top floor...better yet, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank sleepyintoronto
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The 4 Points is undergoing a major renovation that should be complete soon. Although the lobby area is all in transition now, the hotel rooms are away from all of that. I was on the fifth floor and it was perfectly quiet and comfortable. I like the 4 points approach of no frills, but comfortable. The design of the rooms has the needs of a traveler in mind. The restaurant is okay; not great but good.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor while the construction continues.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank MPLCORD
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend for a Ringette Tournament. Hotel rooms were clean and updated. The beds were fantastic, and I had a great 4 nights of sleep. We were kept busy with the tournament and didn't use the facilities in the hotel. It's under renovation right now which made it inconvenient a few times having to get through the hotel and go through construction. They have a Starbucks on site which was great for a morning coffee and muffin, although I found the staff in there unfriendly and unsmiling. They were never rude, but honestly, first thing in the morning I would rather see a smiling face with the service being provided then what I got. Overall, I would stay again, but make sure the construction is done first.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank BessieTravels
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Nice to have a suite although the pullout couch was uncomfortable for two adults. Not sure who designed the doors between the two rooms in the suites but while the windows in these doors were attractive, they let the light through, thus defeating the purpose of having two separate rooms! My daughter, who wanted to sleep couldn't until Daddy turned off the tv - eventhough they were in separate parts of the suite - because of the see - through doors.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family