“Ripped Off”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Made reservation with Expedia. Misplace my credit card when I left home, When I arrived, I used another credit card and was told it was fine. Hotel was comfortable and I was treated just fine. Subsequently, I was charged on my original card as a "no-show" When I called I was informed that it would be corrected, but nothing was ever done and no amount of pleading has helped. I'm out $100. Choice Hotels is now off my list

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
comfortcare-manager, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Good day Blacknite98

I apologize for the double charge of your credit card with the Expedia reservation. Please do contact the hotel and we can resolve this right away. Once again please give us a call and we will resolve this for you.

GM Comfort Inn London

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We came to the hotel in a bit of a pickle. We were treated really well and they were really happy to see our cats. Michelle at the front desk went well above and beyond for us. When I mentioned that I had Celiacs disease and therefore gluten free, she found a gluten free bakery and printed off information and directions for me.
Very comfortable rooms, very happy to have a fridge and microwave, and it's warm, dry and comfortable.
Would definitely recommend, and this hotel just reaffirms how much I love Comfort Inns.

Room Tip: Upstairs smoking rooms do not have a fridge or microwave, but there are patio doors on the first flo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortcare-manager, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Shelley C

Thank you so much for staying with us, and I am so happy to hear that your stay was great. I am very pleased as well that Michelle took care of you and was able to make your visit a great one. We try very hard to make our guest experience a memorable one and want all of our guests to return whenever in London. Once again Shelley C I thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our city and the Comfort Inn London.

GM Comfort London

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Staff were SO friendly and helpful.
Room was on the smaller side, but we were just there for overnight.
Love the fact that you can park outside your room and unload the car.
Breakfast was simple and plentiful.
Really appreciated having the hard boiled eggs, scones were delicious !
Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Irene B

Thank you very much for sending in a comment about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn London. We appreaciate the encouraging words and strive to make all of our guests enjoy their stay and want to return whenever in London. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and soon we wil have an even larger breakfast room and assortment of food options for our guests. Once again we thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

GM Comfort London

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We picked up a very nice rate for our room by prepaying online through a travel site. Usually when we are travelling, we just need a clean, safe room with a comfortable bed and wi-fi. We don't worry too much about all the other "perks" and can do without them to save a little money. Breakfast is an appreciated perk but not a deal breaker. So maybe we are just really easy to please since we are used to roughing it.
We were so impressed with our stay here. I was concerned about going up and down stairs if we were stuck on the second floor so I just emailed the hotel after making the reservation and asked if we could reserve one of the drive up rooms on the ground floor, hopefully with a refrigerator. They emailed us back immediately that it was all taken care of. When we arrived at 3 pm, Zaid checked us in and he was incredibly pleasant and efficient. Customer service is EXCELLENT here. He even provided us with a discount coupon for the Tony Roma restaurant in the parking lot. Be fore-warned, the restaurant is a little on the pricey side with $26+ entrees but the food was well worth it. The service there was also excellent.
The room is very clean and the beds comfortable. We have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, iron and ironing board, hair dryer etc. 4 pillows on each bed. Nice thick black out curtains on the sliding glass door. The shower had good water pressure and plenty of toasty hot water. Absolutely no complaints. Our room isn't huge but it isn't tiny either. It is very nicely equipped, clean and comfortable. There has been some noise in the hallway now and then from younger children but mostly voices or laughter. All in all, a very very pleasant stay at a fantastic price. VERY happy customers. We will certainly be back.
If anyone from the hotel is reading this, please give our compliments to Zaid at the front desk and give him a raise or a bonus or something. OUTSTANDING customer service.

Room Tip: You can hear voices in the hallway through the doors but I think the rooms themselves have some good...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TajaSiberians
comfortcare-manager, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Tajasiberians

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your visit to London and our hotel. We take a lot of pride in the hotel and our customer service so I am glad that was reflected while you stayed with us. We will be undergoing some really exciting changes to the property over the next while and we look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the changes with us.

Once again thank you for taking the time to send your review in and Take Care

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We took a last minute deal over Thanksgiving at $79.99 and the price was right for us!! Michelle was awesome with selling us on the speacial.

The Breakfast was continental but they should upgrade to a hot breakfast like most hotels around would be much better!! The space to eat it was tiny but we brought back to our room and it did the trick.

I would go again for sure with a special price!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Rob Dufour

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and Michelle. We appreciate it very much. I am very please that you enjoyed your stay as well as your trip to London and that the special Thanksgiving price was offered to you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Once again thank you for taking the time in sending a review in and take care.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The location is fantastic. Right off the 401 and with almost every restaurant that you could think of on the street. Also a huge mall with in walking distance.

The room was clean but exceedingly small, so small that you couldn't even open the ironing board. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. They had nothing hot except a toaster. The room is in an actual guest room with room for only 3 tables.

There was no business center and the wifi was pitiful.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tracey in Canada

Thank you very much for taking the time in writing a review. We take all comments very seriously so as to make the property better every day. We are upgrading our breakfast room first of the new year and we will also be making room changes as well in order to maximize the space and allow for more room for our guests to enjoy. With that being said we are also looking into ways to improve the internet speed as well as offering a business area computer for guests to use as needed. We look forward to welcoming you back to see the new exciting changes that we are making.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stay in over 100 nights in hotels and stay here a couple of time a year.The place is very convenient to a mall,Restaurants, and very close to the main highways to Toronto or the USA.
The rates are very fair and the rooms clean, but what I really enjoyed was the most pleasant and down to earth person on the check in. With a long day of dealing with my clients it was so enjoyable feeling like a special customer. On the slightly negative side, the Wi Fi was weak and the rooms are need to be upgraded

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Brian C
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to send your comments in.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your trip to London. We are working on the internet so as to provide a better signal to our guests. We will also be doing some other upgrades to the hotel over the next couple of years so we look forward to seeing you return and enjoy the hotel even more.

Once again Mr. C. thank your for your time and take care

GM