“Overall, a positive experience”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in London
british columbia
“Overall, a positive experience”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We only stayed one night at the Comfort Inn, our preferred choice wasn't available. Despite the extremes of reviews (some overly negative and one who I think swallowed a dictionary) this two star motel does a pretty good job. Our check-in experience was first class, the staff here really are an asset; the room was basic but functional, the a/c worked well, the bathroom looked to have been refurbished recently and the water pressure and shower was excellent. I found no problems with smoke smells on the upper floor and I wasn't troubled by the lack of elevator - this after all is a somewhat limited older property. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and we slept well.

The only downside is the breakfast room - as is obvious, one motel room has been sacrificed to act as the breakfast facility. Space and seating is very limited, but the standard breakfast provision is more than adequate. I was surprised just how good the overall experience was for the category and the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ikelmay
comfortcare-manager, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear Ikelmay:

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and we are always looking at ways to improve the hotel. We are in the process at looking at what we can do to improve the breakfast room. We have a great staff that really take pride in the hotel to make sure that it is clean and neat and the guest are well taken care of. I am happy to hear that your family had a good sleep as well.
Once again thank you for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn London and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sincerely
Jason King

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I just returned from a stay at the Comfort Inn London. I was in London for work. I was in London before check in time, but the friendly young lady behind the desk (Morgan, If I remember correctly) made sure I was able to check in right away. She also upgraded me to the lower floor because I had was so exhausted. The room was a little warn, but clean and the pillows were great. The next morning I very much enjoyed the continental breakfast. Morgan checked me out and even helped me with a reservation for that night in Kingston were I was heading next, before home.

I had a very comfortable stay. The location is perfect. I will stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, London location in October 2010. I was there on a business trip and overall it was a great stay. The check in was very quick, the room was ravishing, and the breakfast was exquisitely enticing and very scrumptious. Lauren did a great job at recommending the perfect restaurants and local attractions. When I had asked about a spa or gym on site, she had let me know that there was one just minutes away and it was complimentary to my stay. What a great please to rest your head, enjoy great customer service and get some work done. – Free Wireless. Nice. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ontariofireguy
comfortcare-manager, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Thank you so much for your review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! The team here at the Comfort Inn London strive to make our guests feel welcome and we do our best to ensure you stay is a pleasant one. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed our morning breakfast and we are always looking at improving it so our guests start their day off right. I have passed along your positive comments to Lauren and I am happy to see that she helped make you stay an enjoyable one. Hope to see you again very soon!

Tim - General Manager
Comfort Inn London
toront
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel a weekend in January with a group. The service was great until my morning check out. The desk attendent was bothered by me checking out...and very rude. My family was getting breakfast and right at 10am she closed the juice and would not let us get any. I then realized by looking at her name tag, to my shock she was the assistant manager!!! There were about 3 other famillied down in the breakfast area looking for juice, while she continued to pack it up without even letting us finish! I understand that breakfast closed at10, but we were almost finished getting our breakfast! I will never go back to this location, she was very rude and needs to work on her people skills. Our team plays in London at least twice a year, and we will not go back.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TorontSportsmom

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Traveling with my elderly parents, it was a shock to find out this hotel did not have an elevator. Getting all the bags upstairs through the ugly stairwell was no fun after a long day of driving. The breakfast was served in a small and very crowded lobby. They offered only hard boiled eggs, not hot eggs, as in other comfort inns, and we had to carry out plates and drinks to a small breakfast room and wait for a place to sit to become available. Normally, we would have taken the food to our room when we saw no seating was available, but again, there was no elevator. At around $70/night, the room price was very inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2009
Georgian Bay
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Motel is in a good location with some good shopping and restaurants nearby and the room rate was a good value but I would suggest if you prefer non-smoking that you request a room a good distance from the smoking rooms...we were in a non-smoking room that was adjacent to smoking rooms and let me tell ya the hallway was some stinky. I think they need to fire up the carpet cleaner more often. The room itself was fine.

Continental was ok but kind of a small area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
windsor,ont
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I love this hotel the customer service is always outstanding when i have to stay in london this is where i choose to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends