Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The room was clean and well appointed. The desk was adequate for the work I was doing. I ate at the in-house restaurant and the food was delicious.The only complaint about the room was the television, which only had 14 channels, and none of the ones I usually watch.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Natalie Z, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Jennifer H,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn. We are delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you found our guest rooms comfortable with adequate work space. I appreciate your comments regarding our television programming. We are working towards improving the options available.

I understand that as a consumer, you have a great deal of choice when making your accommodation selections and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. I hope that we would have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Natalie Zima

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This Best Western PLUS property is remarkable! The staff was pleasant & professional. The room was large & clean. There was lovely decor throughout the property. The complementary breakfast was outstanding & dinner at Pasto's (on-site) was awesome!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Natalie Z, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Lili F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. Thank you for your kind comments. I am so delighted to hear that your found our hotel "remarkable" and our staff "pleasant and professional". Our team takes great pride in our property and we strive to provide all our guests a very memorable experience. Our staff is truly motivated by your comments and when they receive such positive feedback truly puts the "bounce" in their step. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope that you will join us again on a return visit.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at this BW from May 14 - May 16, 2014 while on business in the London region. The most glaring deficiency of this hotel is its absolutely horrible internet connection. My first day I couldn't connect to the network and relied on a piggyback off of my mobile to get onto the Net. Being a hotel, whom advertises to the common business traveller you would think that they would invest more on a secure internet connection infrastructure, but this was not the case. The second day, the Internet was working again but at a very slow up/down speed. Connecting to my server at the office was next to impossible and so once again resorted to my mobile, eating up my data.

Another issue with this hotel is its location. There is nothing around this Hotel for miles and miles. You need to go closer to the city for a bite to eat. There is no room service option. The only restaurants who will deliver to this hotel are pizza shops.

Staff seem a little clueless and un-inviting.

Don't stay you will regret it.

Dear TML4Ever,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the sporadic internet service during your stay. We have been experiencing some growing pains and internet has very quickly risen to the top of our list. We are doubling our internet capacity which will be up and running in the next few days. Our location is very convenient for many of our guests and we are located only 20 minutes from downtown and 10 minutes from a selection of restaurants. Our on-site restaurant Pasto's Grill has a very good reputation and local following. We also offer room service during restaurant hours which are up to 10pm Sunday through Tuesday and 11pm Wednesday through Saturday. I hope you would give our hotel another try. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay and the possibility of a return visit. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Everything one might expect form a Best Western PLUS, but in addition the restaurant was very fancy. Restaurant staff were friendly and attendant. The location is a little far from town, but the price makes it small commute worthwhile.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Christopher C.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant, Pasto's Grill. Our highway location is convenient for many of our guests and the short drive into London takes no more than 20 minutes to the centre of town. We are glad that you found great value in our accommodation and services. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Made a one-night pit stop here two weeks ago. Reception staff failed to inform me there was going to be a $175 temporary charge on my visa effective for several days - presumably the length of time it takes for them to make sure I hadn't taken a chair from the room. Calls to both the head office and the front desk were met with resistance to the idea that guests should be informed of this policy upon check-in. Rooms still adequate. Breakfast buffet still unappetizing. Coffee is AWFUL. Standard cable channels and no in-room movie option. The one highlight was a lovely staff member who offered to help me bring my luggage upstairs, (as there is no elevator to the second floor).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Natalie Z, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear afh-Toronto,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. I apologize that you found our credit card pre-authorization process cumbersome. This is an industry standard practice and is not problematic if you use the same method of payment on check out as the authorization is then closed for the appropriate value of your stay. Please rest assured that it is not intended to imply that you would take anything and I apologize if you were made to feel that way. Our breakfast offerings and coffee usually receive very favorable feedback and I would welcome any comments directly regarding these issues so that we may find ways to improve on our offerings. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable accommodations, friendly service and fresh meal offerings and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in some of these areas. We do appreciate your business and hope we can find a way to better satisfy your needs in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Worst experience ever. It's like entering a time warp. It is old and the staff is unfriendly the food is disgusting. There is not an elevator to get to the 2nd floor so you have to haul your bags up the stairs

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Natalie Z, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Laureen H,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you did not find our newly renovated hotel suitable for your needs. Our second floor guest rooms are less expensive than our ground floor rooms - making them more popular - and when making your booking, it is noted that we do not yet have an elevator at our hotel and the rooms are up one flight of stairs (an elevator is being added to our facility). We are continually investing in our hotel and strive to enhance our guest expeirence all the time. At check in, Connie, our guest services agent, offered to assist you with your luggage and her offer was declined - we offer this service for all our guests. I'm sorry you found that level of service disappointing. I'm also disappointed that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. In my response to your email survey submission yesterday, I also encouraged you to write me directly with suggestions on how we could have improved our dining options and what it was that you found so disgusting. I'm sad that you chose to post a negative review on TripAdvisor to discourage other guests from enjoying our hospitality instead of addressing your comments so we can learn from our mistakes if we faultered. We understand that as a travelling guest you have many choices for your accommodation needs and we are thankful that you choose to stay with us. I hope you would consider giving our hotel another try and I'm hopeful that we would have the opporunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Hotel is conveniently located just off the highway. Not a real busy hotel, so all of my several stays have been quiet and comfortable. Good hotel for business trips, and stop overs. Staff have always been friendly and helpful and the facility is kept very clean. Rooms have good beds, and comfortable furnishings. I have no complaints with this hotel at all and have stayed here several times on business.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Natalie Z, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Lorne C.,
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to review your several stays at our hotel. We are work hard to provide a clean, comfortable and frirendly "home-away-from-home" for all our guests. We understand that you have so much choice in today's accommodations market and we can't thank you enough for your business and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back and are excited to share our upcoming renovations with you.