“Convenient and classy” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Convenient and classy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here as we were flying out at 7 am from the airport. Location was good and the restaurant had outstanding Italian food. Quiet even though it was near the 401. Will definitely stay and eat here again when in London.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Natalie Z, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Founky,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you also had the opportunity to experience Pasto's Grill, our on-site restaurant. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again the next time you visit London. Thank you for being our guest.
Natalie Zima

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great value for your money. Clean, nice decor, friendly staff, easy access to 401 and great restaurant on site. Doesn't get better than this. Highly recommend for a short or long stay. Probably one of the nicer Best Western's we stay at and we pretty use much just stay at Best Western.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear David F.,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel clean, comfortable and modern and our staff friendly. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your loyalty to Best Western. We look forward to welcoming you to one of our hotels soon.
Tracy, CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Superb customer service. Rooms were super nice and very clean. Exceptional Customer service. Breakfast was delicious and my entire experience was perfect. The lady working the front desk on the morning of Tuesday January 14th was outstanding.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Natalie Z, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Zainal S,
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am delighted that you found your stay with us perfect and that you had an opportunity to enjoy our hot breakfast buffet in the morning. Connie, our guest services agent is always so genuine and helpful. I'm pleased that her friendly and helpful attitude enhanced your stay with us. I hope you would consider staying with us the next time you visit London, Ontario. We appreciate your being our guest. Thank you.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

For the first night of our road trip in a Uhaul from Toronto to California, my partner and I got a room through Hotwire in London, Ontario. We got a room at the Best Western Stoneridge Inn & Confrence Centre. Our stay was good for a three star hotel. The room was comfortable with a king size bed and we were graciously given late checkout (we didn’t arrive until almost midnight and were exhausted from packing and loading everything we own into the Uhaul). The lady at the front desk was very nice and even wished us a good night when we were on our way back in from my partner smoking medical marijuana in the freezing cold parking lot at 1AM. Our only complaint during the stay was that the included breakfast was not good – the eggs appeared to be some sort of previously frozen egg patties I’d never seen before. All in all the hotel was exactly what we were looking for for the night, unfortunately that is not the end of the experience.

3-4 days after our stay, I found a charge for $250 on my credit card (Hotwire rooms are prepaid through Hotwire so there should not have been any charges by the hotel to my card). Sure an error was made, I called the hotel to have it corrected. I was told the charge was for smoking in the room. I was not contacted prior to my card being charged. I then spoke with the manager, Natalie Zima. I explained that we absolutely did not smoke in the room and that neither I, nor my partner smoke cigarettes. She responded that it wasn’t cigarettes (in a ‘got ya’ tone of voice) and proceeded to make snide comments about smoking pot throughout the remainder of the conversation. She claimed that she had to put both our room and a neighbouring room out of service while they and the hallway were all deep cleaned. She also claimed she smelled the strong smell when she dropped off a box of tissue in the morning around 11AM before we checked out (why didn’t she inform us of the charge she intended to put through then?? And why weren’t we informed at checkout 3 hours later of the charge??). The call ended with her repeatedly and rudely refusing to reverse the charge and then abruptly hanging up on me. The total call time was no more than 3 minutes.

She also claimed she was the sole owner of the hotel when I asked to speak to her superior(s). I later discovered this was not true.

The charge was clearly put through after we left so we would have no opportunity to discuss it – why else would she choose not to inform us while we were still there? The front desk lady saw us go outside the evening before – why else would people go out to the parking lot for 10-15 minutes in the middle of the night, except to smoke OUTSIDE the hotel?? The manager clearly has a big problem with marijuana and used her position of authority (and ridiculous ability to put a large charge through on my credit card without my authorization) to punish/attack/discriminate against us because my partner needs to smoke marijuana for medical reasons. Third hand smoke on our clothing cannot possibly create the smell she claims existed, especially not the next morning. In fact, we crossed the US border 2 hours after leaving the hotel – had we smelled of marijuana as we would have had to for the room and adjoining room and hallway to smell as much as was claimed, we surely would have had serious problems crossing with a fully packed 20 foot Uhaul. They opened the back, looked in, and closed it.

I am a lawyer licenced in Ontario and am currently waiting for the 8-12 week dispute process through my credit card company to run its course. My credit card company thinks the charge will ultimately be reversed. If it is not, I feel so strongly about the way we were treated and that we were essentially stolen from, that I will be pursuing this matter until it is fairly resolved despite the fact it would usually be too low an amount to sue for. One of the benefits of being a lawyer is that my legal fees will be zero.

Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. The dishonest manager, Natalie Zima, who has no problem padding her numbers by charging customers fraudulent smoking charges without their knowledge after they check out (despite the fact she knew well before), does not deserve your business. You may end up spending up to four times what you thought you would.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 7CanadianTraveller77
Natalie Z, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear 7CanadianTraveller77,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a response regarding your recent stay. I wish to thank you for your kind comments regarding our accommodations and our staff. I am disappointed that you chose TripAdvisor as a medium to discourage other guests from experiencing the comfortable accommodations and courteous and professional service that we offer.

Our hotel is a non-smoking facility and our guests expect and are guaranteed a non-smoking room. Upon check-in, all our guest are advised of our smoking policy and any charges that would be assessed to their credit card should they choose to violate our policy. You were advised and initialed that you understood this policy. We are a family-friendly hotel and many of our guests would find the smell of marijuana smoke very offensive. We would not confront any guest who we suspect is using an illegal substance in our guest rooms without police present and since you were made aware of our smoking policy, you understood that charges would be assessed.

Most of the guests who reviewed our hotel and who have experienced our hospitality have enjoyed their experience. You may notice that there is no mention of our ownership or management being fraudulent or malicious. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable accommodations, friendly service all at good value. I'm am disappointed that you feel differently from most.

We have had several off-line conversations regarding your circumstances and I regret that we have not been able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Hotel room was laid out perfectly. Bed was the really comfortable and the pillows were the best I have ever experienced in a Hotel. The resturant was very friendly and the food was to die foe and prices to match

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Natalie Z, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear John G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Best Western Plus Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a restful sleep and our new pillow top mattresses and pillows were most comfortable. Thank you for trying Pasto's Grill. We feel it is London's Best Kept Secret and we are striving to win the award for 2014 Best Italian Restaurant through the London Free Press. We would welcome your vote at lfpress.com/bestoflondon. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and restaurant very soon.
Winnipeg Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

The hotel is not in London, Ontario. It is about 15-20 minutes South. Just in case you really need to be in London. In fact the hotel feels like it is in the middle of nowhere but when I was there there were two conferences and a wedding. Still it was not loud and overrun. Something had happened to the Queen room that I was to have and they bumped me up to a King. The two nights were quite nice. Everything you would need. There is a free hot breakfast which was pretty standard. The adjoining restaurant (in another review) really makes this a knock out place to stay! Clean, nicely decorated, quiet.

Room Tip: If you don't have to be right in London, this is a good choice. There is absolutely nothing aro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Natalie Z, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear ganeshWinnipeg...
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is located in City of London limits however, you are correct, we are a bit removed from the centre of town. Our convenient highway location does make our location very accessible for many guests and our conference and wedding facilities are top noch. We have spend a great deal of effort and have heavily invested in our property to make up for our lcoation. We are delighted that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. Pasto's Grill, our on-site restaurant is one of our biggest assets and well loved by our guests and locals alike. Again, we try our very best to deliver value and great taste in a comfortable environment with friendly serivce. We hope you will consider staying with us again and thank you for being our guest.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We woke up to over 12 inches of snow and our car was scrapped off and shoveled out! The room and the facilities are spotless! Employees are pleasant. Reasonable prices. Easy on and off the interstate.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Id09703,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent visit to our hotel. That storm really hit us by surprise and quite hard too. We do our best to assist our guests in any way we can and get them safely on their way. Thank you for your kind comments. We hope you have an opportunity to return to London and we hope you would consider staying with us again.