“Wonderful boutique hotel.”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in London
Clinton, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful boutique hotel.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Excellent little hotel in the middle of downtown London. We enjoyed the stay very much,and certainly will return again. Great proximity to a wonderful upscale restaurant, where we enjoyed a great late evening dinner, after our theatre engagement!

Room Tip: We had a great stay! Wonderful location in downtown London !
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter S
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, September 25, 2015
We truly appreciate your taking the time to leave us a review. We take great pride in providing a great experience to our treasured guests.

Thanks and safe travels from the entire team at Metro!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Toronto
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Cool little hotel right downtown. Well appointed, nicely designed comfortable rooms. Didn't like the rubbery poly-filled pillows - a personal peeve - but then we didn't ask if they could provide other ones. Otherwise, the location, decor and service made it an ideal choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen H

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Was in London for business and decided to stay at the Hotel Metro. It was my first time at the property. Great location, room, restaurant, and bar. I did not think I would enjoy a smaller boutique hotel but I was wrong. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was courteous and professional. I look forward to my next visit and would strongly recommend staying at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank J K

Irvine, California
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A beautiful room with a view. Hotel Metro Strongly Recommended. I was in London to attend a conference, and since the Hilton ran out of its conference-priced rooms, I looked around and found a treasure! I was the envy of my conference friends.

My room (401) had a wonderful view of the Covent Market and the open skyline above the market. Because the weather varied (gray & rainy to sparkling blue with white billowing clouds), the view varied a lot and made the already spacious room seem even more spacious. The bed is wonderful; I was relaxed and able both to work and to sleep (and watch a disastrous Dodgers game).

The front-desk staff are all “pleasant,” “efficient,” and “accommodating,” words that you could use of the staff at the Hilton, too, where I attended a conference, but there’s an engaging difference at the Metro Hotel: you get the sense that the staff has joined their self-interest with yours. They will help you out with whatever you need if they can. Although there is no business center, the staff person assured me that I would be able to get a conference paper printed. And I did (between 6:45 and 7:00 a.m.) I borrowed an umbrella (not uncommon at a hotel) and a connecting cord to charge my i-phone (this is not a listed service but exemplifies the spirit of the staff, who look for ways to say “yes” to requests). The people who work at Hotel Metro are committed to the hotel’s aims but they don’t seem “corprotized.” I have special praise for Brook, Rob, Jamie, Danica, and Lia. Thank you!

Covent Market across the street is worth checking out if instead of going to a restaurant for every meal you want to eat fresh fruit & vegetables, Tapenade, a serious variety of breads & cheeses (as you would expect in Canada), and many prepared foods and salads. The Metro’s rooms have a refrigerator, so it’s realistic to stock up a bit for breakfast and lunch. There’s also a liquor store on York Street beyond the Greyhound station where you can buy wine to accompany your vegetables and cheese. Then your room at the Metro becomes a wonderful space for relaxing, enjoying plenty, and looking at a changing view.

Closely adjoining the Metro, you will find Blu Duby, a wonderful restaurant/bar, with an engaging bartender (if you’re just in for wine) and a great menu if you want to stay for dinner.

Some details: Attractive, modern décor (featuring black, grey, and white). Oblong shower with a comfortable & comforting rain-flow showerhead. Aveda shampoo/conditioner, etc., refilled daily (I kept my extra ones to take back to the homeless in Orange County.) A K-cup coffee maker with a variety of coffees available all the time. Refrigerator with 2 bottles of water resupplied every day. Free long-distance phone calls in North America (really important if you’re trying to avoid roaming charges but want to stay in touch with family). Free wifi.

P.S. There is no fitness center but Hotel Metro has an arrangement with Elite Fitness Center. Ask them about it.
I have photos but haven't downloaded them yet so can't upload them here. I'll see if I can add them.

Room Tip: I only saw 401 and 201. Both were available and Brook let me see both and make a choice. I wanted...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank annjessie

Toronto
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in London for a wedding over the weekend. Chose to stay at the Metro for a change instead of your standard run of the mill hotel. Turned out to be a great choice. Great customer service. Room was clean, large and modern. Bed was comfy, shower was great. The decor was very ' new york' and trendy. Excellent location -- very close to the market, walking distance to coffee shops, the museum, restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at Hotel Metro. I used to live in London and return occasionally for work but usually stay in one of the "chain" hotels. The style and service at Hotel Metro far exceeds anywhere else I have stayed in London. The rooms are very chic...nice attention to detail. The toiletries and thick fluffy towels were a nice touch. Overall the staff was courteous and professional. You can't beat the location...right across from Budweiser Gardens and walking distance to all of the bars and restaurants on Richmond. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2013

When I travel to London there are a couple of places I usually stay but it was homecoming weekend and the hotels I checked were full. It was a happy event that I found this hotel. Its slick and elegant and very much a boutique hotel. Its ideally located in downtown London by the market and close to the train station and neighbourhood restaurants and bars. Its a 15 dollar cab ride if you are visiting students at Western. My room was excellent. The bed was wonderful and the hotel quiet for a good night's sleep. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I will go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, September 23, 2015