“Modern and Stylish Boutique Hotel”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at Hotel Metro. I used to live in London and return occasionally for work but usually stay in one of the "chain" hotels. The style and service at Hotel Metro far exceeds anywhere else I have stayed in London. The rooms are very chic...nice attention to detail. The toiletries and thick fluffy towels were a nice touch. Overall the staff was courteous and professional. You can't beat the location...right across from Budweiser Gardens and walking distance to all of the bars and restaurants on Richmond. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2015

We truly appreciate your taking the time to leave us a review. We take great pride in providing a great experience to our treasured guests.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

When I travel to London there are a couple of places I usually stay but it was homecoming weekend and the hotels I checked were full. It was a happy event that I found this hotel. Its slick and elegant and very much a boutique hotel. Its ideally located in downtown London by the market and close to the train station and neighbourhood restaurants and bars. Its a 15 dollar cab ride if you are visiting students at Western. My room was excellent. The bed was wonderful and the hotel quiet for a good night's sleep. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I will go there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2015

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was quite surprised when I arrived at the Hotel Metro. It was not what I expected. I travel a lot for speaking purposes and I am always booked into the large hotels. I was a little cautious. My experience was just great. From the time I walked into the front door until I checked out two days later everything was just perfect. The staff were very friendly and the room was unique and fantastic. I wish my wife had been able to see how beautiful the décor was. When I return to London I will ask to be housed in he Metro Hotel for sure. I recommend anybody who wants a perfect home away from home in London Ontario check into the Metro Hotel. You will be as pleased as I was...

Room Tip: My room on the second floor was perfect in very way. It is nice to be able to get fresh air..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a great experience at Hotel Metro. How charming it was to stay at this boutique style hotel created from a gutted 19th century building in downtown London and renovated to be so modern. We loved its Euro-style charm. The staff was amazing... so helpful and friendly. It was a super and memorable experience!

Room Tip: We loved the higher floors with the view of the Coventry Market.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Service was friendly. Food was great. Room was nice, clean, modern and spacious. No parking at the hotel, but there was an underground lot directly across for a fee that was not an inconvenience at all. Unique hotel that we would love to stay at again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here with some friends for a concert at the arena (which was a mere block away!). Very chic and modern - clean lines, straight lines, and a modern black/gray/silver/purple decor. I would strongly encourage you to check out the room photos and make sure you can live with the layout. The king rooms with open bathroom layouts are definitely not for everyone!

The wifi is a little tenuous - it never worked in my room, though at times, I could connect to the outdoor wifi network available in the area. Only two connections are permitted per room, according to the front desk.

The only trouble we had once we arrived was zero hot water at 9 AM on a Monday morning. When I say zero - I mean zero. I let my shower run for over 20 minutes, on the advice of the front desk to "let the water run for a little bit." Nothing. Not even lukewarm. We kind of got the runaround from the front desk on the issue, as well, finally being told as we checked out that someone was on their way to fix it. That said - it was not a hotel-wide issue as friends on a different floor had hot water. Very strange.

All in all, it was a fun place to stay.

Room Tip: Please look at the room photos and know what you're in for!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Metro in London, on Labour Day weekend and it was great! Very chic, modern, boutique hotel, very clean! The staff was great! The one little thing that I didn't like though, is that in keeping with the chic style, it provided no privacy for showering. The bathub is in a corner of the room, right next to a stand up shower...it's great for style, ideal for a romantic weekend getaway, but not very practical. It was fine for my boyfriend and I, but a shower curtain at the stand up shower would be great!
The restaurant downstairs seemed very nice, but no time to check it out. Parking is on the street free, or underground at the market for $10. a night.
I definitely recommend this hotel, we loved the complimentary bottles of water they left us, greatly appreciated! I also loved that they called up after we'd settled in to make sure everything was good in the room.
We'll definitely stay there again next summer, and hopefully there are shower curtains up by then!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple