“Tapas Tuesday”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Tapas Tuesday”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Tuesday & Wednesday night is Tapas-only at Kantina, which I am always up for as I enjoy small plates. We ordered a few selections, but none were really that amazing. The food was certainly good quality and had good tastes, but nothing really excited us or knocked our socks off. We had been to Kantina once before a year ago, and had a spotty experience (my dish was far too salty & dessert was tasteless, but my husband's dishes were delicious, so we wanted to give Kantina another try).
Since the tapas didn't really provide us with a memorable dining experience, I doubt we'll be back on our own volition (perhaps if a dinner party is organized here by someone else). However, I suggest people give it a try once to see if you like it. It's certainly high-quality food with very good service.

• Visited June 2013

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
“A fancy Eastern European place tucked away...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaurant is pretty small, but it's nice because it's not super busy or loud. It's dimly lit and a nice place for dates. The service was also exceptional.

I ordered beef paprikash because it's something my Croatian grandmother would make, and it was well worth it. I also ordered a couple of Drunk Serbs which is a great drink that is not too sweet!

I'm sure reservations are a good idea.

Visited March 2013
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was our first visit to Kantina and what a wonderful surprise. My wife and I ate supper along with a couple of friends. The atmosphere is very cool and laid back.
We both had the Serbian Salad to start and it is great, very light and refreshing. For mains, we each had Chicken Ravioli (apparently new to the menu) and it was simply delicious and not at all heavy. Our friends had the Tiger Shrimp and they were huge, server on a bed of risotto. For desert I had the Rice Pudding which is served cold with scoop of apricot sherbet in the middle, surrounded by rum soaked raisins and underneath was a dollop of fig. Wonderful!
I cannot believe we have not eaten at this restaurant before given how great the food is here. Will definitely put this on our list of regular restaurant visits from now on. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BornToHike
London, Canada
“Outstanding Meal and top-notch service = new fav!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I recently had the opportunity to dine here and it was a wonderful experience. The food quality was superb and the atmosphere was great...very different from other London restaurants - in a good way! Entree was the homemade duck sausage, followed by a chocolate lava cake with bacon maple ice cream...mmm...bacon.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rondirection
Ontario, Canada
“Reserve Early, This Small Place is a Winner!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Finally, someone dares to be different in London, Ontario and the result is excellent food that makes your palate dance! I had the smoked salmon in cucumber as an appetizer, my husband had the fish chowder, both were delicious with complementary flavours. Black George was my main dish and it was scrumptious. Duck sausage, while not presented all that nicely, was equally delicious (slice up the sausage on the plate and add more colour to the plate, will be perfect then). Molten lava cake for dessert was pure chocolate heaven! Wine list needs work but there is something for everyone. Service was really nice, efficient, and polite without being intrusive. Atmosphere is cozy and a little noisy at times, has a great urban buzz to it. Total price for dinner, with two starters, two mains, two glasses of wine and one dessert was $98 plus tip. We will be back!

• Visited April 2013