“A perfect choice in London”
Review of Kantina Restaurant - CLOSED

Kantina Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I have been twice now and we have not been disappointed! The staff at Kantina take great care in providing great food and service. This is restaurant is a must try in London. Break the habit of going to the 'chain' restaurants and try something new!

2  Thank Danielle D

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place is unsurprisingly meat-intensive. I bet it would be great were I a meat eater. The one entree that was vegetarian was a quite boring tofu and vegetable plate. I came here previously in May 2011, and then there was a vegetarian risotto that was quite nice.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I went to Kantina last night for dinner. What a treat. I had the Arugula Salad, my husband had the Serbian Salad. Both were pretty to look at, but more importantly were made from fresh ingredients and were lovely tasting. I had the Black George and am so thankful I did. It is a very unique delicious taste. The accompanying potatoes and vegetable were perfectly done. My husband had the red pepper risotto and duck sausage. He loved his meal. The sausage is smoked and I thought the taste was beautiful, but I would not want a whole meal of it. It is for true sausage lover. We then shared the Habitual Chocolate Cake and ice cream. This dessert was so light, airy but deep and rich in taste. I would love to be able to make that dessert, but thank gawd I can not, as I would be huge. We also had Serbian alcoholic drink that had honey in it and was served warm. This also is a must try. I can not offer an ounce of criticism to this restaurant, the service, ambience and food were all just great.
While we do try to discover new places to eat all the time, we will return here many many times. I also look forward tot trying their jarred products at the Western Fair. If the restaurant food is that good, I will love having something from them on hand.

4  Thank Jennay-Tulla
Reviewed November 20, 2012

London, Ontario is not a city that one would call a gourmet's delight. However, one exception to this statement is Kantina. The owner/waiter is cordial and competent. The chef--from Serbia--is obviously highly skilled. It's been over a month since we ate at Kantina, so I don't remember the specifics of what we ordered. However, every item was delicious, the ambiance was excellent, and the prices were reasonable. Note: if you are going to the World Figure Skating Championships in mid-March, 2013, Kantina would be an excellent choice for dinner. If you live in or near London, Ontario, that period would be a good time to eat at home. (London is a relatively small city to handle such a large event, and the restaurants will be crowded.)

1  Thank Herman M
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We are so pleased to have been referred to this restaurant. The menu is exciting and different. The blend of fresh root vegetables and flavours was amazing. We are gluten free and they were so accommodating They were able to let us know what already was gluten free and what could be mixed up a bit to become gluten free. The mussels had the best broth we have ever tried. They provided lentil crackers instead of bread with the cheese and balsamic reduction.
Food is local and the wine selection was exactly what we were looking for.
The service made us feel as though we were in a friends' home for dinner.

2  Thank katharineb705