“Excellent atmosphere and great food.”

The Church Key Bistro-Pub
Ranked #3 of 1,048 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub, Canadian, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central London
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent atmosphere and great food.”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to the Church Key. My boyfriend took me here for my birthday dinner. It was so chilly outside, but even though we were right up against the window, it was so warm and cozy. The atmosphere was fantastic. It is a small and cozy place but I felt so welcomed.
I really enjoyed my food and out server was very kind and helpful.

Visited January 2014

London, Canada
“Used to be a favourite...”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I do live in London so have been a frequent patron of the Church Key but I am disinclined to return. We were seated on the patio next to a wall. My friend spotted a dead mouse. We alerted our server who removed it. No offer of moving us. No apology. No offer of some compensation even though one member of the party had a "mice phobia" and was clearly in distress because she put the menu over her face to make sure she didn't see it and kept it there for the duration of the locating (the person who spotted the rodent went immediately to the washroom) and disposal. One of the owners was serving that evening so I doubt the incident was unnoticed. Chef refused to serve the steak we shared between 2 plates though we have had this service on more than 1 occasion before. The steak was rare though we ordered it medium rare. The mashed potatoes looked like they came from a package. The best thing about the meal was the slice of zucchini. Obviously I'm disappointed in both the food and the service and the atmosphere. What else is there? Value?

Canada
“Cute Pub”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went for a late dinner and thought it was great. The mains were all quite "heavy" so we decided to get salads and split some appetizers. You must try the Chicken Fried Bacon and the Salmon Wrapped Scallops. Delicious! Service was a little slow but we weren't in a rush so it was no problem. A very cute place with a cool vibe. I would love to have been able to sit on their beautiful patio but it was raining. Staff was friendly and personable and overall I liked it a lot.

• Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent service”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Went to the Church Key Pub with a number of colleagues. We came for a late dinner and were famished. They could only seat us outside because of the lack of availability of tables but were so good and accommodating about moving us inside when a table was finally available.

Food was decent but our waitress was tops! Friendly, informed and efficient. Really impressed with the genuine interest that she took in ensuring that we were all enjoying our evening.

Sarnia, Canada
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We are not from London and decided just to walk along Richmond St on our way to a Saturday night concert. We wanted a few apps and a couple of beers before hitting the park and happened upon the Church Key. We like and appreciate a small menu and craft beers and this is exactly what we found. The smoked mushroom dip is to die for - I would order this again in an instance. We also had the "stuff n pots" a lovely array of a pate, a chimichurri and a crawfish dip. Very cool. Not as good as the smoked mushroom dip but close. The service and patio was fabulous and I look forward to trying dinner next time we visit London. Nice work Church Key.