“A Truly Divine Meal At Church Key Pub”

The Church Key Bistro-Pub
Ranked #3 of 1,048 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub, Canadian, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central London
London, Canada
“A Truly Divine Meal At Church Key Pub”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Fabulous atmosphere, fantastic food and excellent service. I highly recommend the curry fries for anyone who loves a "true" curry. The chicken pot pie is perfect as was the goat cheese ravioli and we highly recommend the Ploughman Plate. Heaven on a plate = gingerbread "bread" pudding.

• Visited December 2013

“Awesome!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We ate here with my sister and her boyfriend. My sister's boyfriend called and got us a reservation on the same day. We were going to a play afterwards so we had to be there and eat in an hour and a half. When we arrived they apologised that they had to give away our table as they accidently overbooked. They sat us at the bar and continued to apologise. The owners came over and apologised again and even bought us a round of drinks. The wine was fantastic!! They then found us a table within 5 minutes. This was one of the best meals I've ever had. I had the Rabbit in a pastry with oyster and rice. This was probably the best rabbit I've had in a restaurant! My sister is lactose intolerant and they accommodated her so she could still have the meal that she wanted. She was very appreciative of this. Her boyfriend got a platter with all different kinds of spreads, including this roasted garlic which we all tried and was amazing!! My husband got the stroganoff and he really enjoyed it!

The atmosphere was fantastic. As we were seeing a play we were dressed up and we felt that the décor and atmosphere was accommodating to all circumstances, i.e. if you just wanted a drink you would feel comfortable going there in just your jeans and on the other hand if you wanted a nice meal out then you could go in a nice outfit and still feel comfortable.

I would highly recommend this place for food service and atmosphere! Even though they made a mistake, they were able to fix it quickly and went above and beyond to make us happy!

• Visited November 2013
“Unique, excellent flavours”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, clean place. Food very unique and the flavours were Intense! Our table of 7 had the Ploughman's app, buffalo meatloaf, fish and chips, beef cheeks, trout... To name a few. Everyone said their meal was one of the best. "Foodies" would love it. Large selection of beer. Make a reservation, anyone coming to the door while we were there was turned away unless they had a reservation. The place was full all night.

Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to try the Church Key for something different than what we usually eat. We decided to sit on the patio as it was a beautiful October night. The server that we had was kind, funny, and extremely knowledgeable! Her description of the Game of the Week dish convinced me to order it, although I would hardly ever choose to get bison otherwise. It was amazing! Bison cooked down to a sauce cooked over angel-hair pasta with garlic bread... it was one of the best meals I've ever had! It was great to get the special and know that there are still many staples that I can try off the menu when I return. Will definitely be going back! :)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Nikki D
“Best Restaurant in London!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We've been here many many times! The food is always excellent, you can taste the freshness. There are always 2 specials (1 is a game feature). You'll never see the same special twice which is why this place is so great. You can always go back to your old favourites, like the gourmet burger, or try something new.
The service is excellent! Always unpretentious and you can tell that the staff enjoy working there. Always a good mix of genuine conversation and respect for privacy when on a date.
Great job to the team and the owners. We are lifelong customers who will be back and sing your praises!

2 Thank iamwonderwoman21