“Indian food in downtown”

The Raja Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #111 of 1,100 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Description: Authentic, Luxurious and Upscale Fine Dining Indian Restaurant. Serving Lunch, Dinner, Take-Out, Delivery, Catering, Banquet, Small Conference also Halal Meal.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This restaurant was close to our workplace, so very suitable for lunch. A family run business, bit of a kitschy decorations, but the food compensates it with good flavors. Try the jumbo prawn masala .

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This place is nice inside, and the service is attentive. There is attention to details. I just didn't find the food to be that amazing. Very solid, but not memorable.

1  Thank morl8tr
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I am still Raja's biggest fan, having eaten there over 100 times I can't wait to go back again. I like the lunch there, it is a terrific value....lots of top notch Indian food for an good price. Chicken Dansak and Butter Chicken are surely the winners on the menu. The Butter Chicken is not spicy and is great for people who are not sure if they like Indian food or not. If you like heat ask for them to spice it up and the dish will sing. The service is friendly and top notch! If you have not tried it you have to go!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I saw online that they offered a Valentine's special so I contacted them and asked them if they could produce similar as a b-day surprise with specific pre-ordered dishes and a wine. They were able to do it for the same price and we had a wonderful meal with lamb and duck and veges, appetizers, and nan. Very reasonably priced wine list. Good service - albeit the restaurant was near empty that night due to a snow storm!
Food was wonderful, authentic Indian tasting and tailored to my request to keep spicy at medium or below as the celebratory person didn't like food too hot.
They even gave a complimentary after dinner drink for the b-day celebration - a very nice touch.
They also have a Sunday lunch and dinner buffet (under $20)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times and had take out around 6 times. After my last two experiences, I will not be rushing back. The food has always been very good, but there now isn't enough meat in their meat dishes. Cost cutting? The last time I went to pick up take out, I was told it would be an hour, and then when I arrived, I had to wait another 30 minutes! What makes it worse is that they took my money within two minutes of my arrival without warning me about the delay. Similar experience the month before too. No explanation and hardly an apology was given. I sent them a message on their website but got no reply. It's really a shame as this was one of our favourites.