“Bests restaurant in London”
Review of Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant - CLOSED

Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central London
Cross street: Piccadilly Street
Description: Marrying old world charm with high tech, Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant offers London diners a unique culinary experience. Established four years ago, owner Felipe Gomes has marketed Aroma as a destination eatery in the Forest City, with facilities for friends and corporate team building, a private conference room for up to 30, as well as a beautiful courtyard and dining room, featuring entertainment on weekends. Gomes’ newest addition to Aroma is an 18th century inspired wine cellar. To accompany the fabulous food, environment and wonderful wines, one can expect to see European style entertainment that complements all three. Every weekend features opera, Fado (Portuguese), Spanish guitarists, Flamenco, or jazz.
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We were in London for two nights and decided my last good meal before getting my jaw surgery should be something amazing. This restaurant was all that. From the moment you walk down the stairs to the bistro type seating or we were seated in the romantic wine cellar. Our Waiter was Tom and you couldn't ask for a friendly and yet professional all in one person. We had the fried jumbo shrimp for and app and a seafood medle for my entree. My wife had gnocchi in cream sauce. Everything was so delicious we we defiantly go back again.

AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Hello Frankly33,
We hope you are recovering well from your jaw surgery! We are pleased that you chose Aroma and thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your dining experience. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to your server as well as the culinary team. We hope you and your wife will join us again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went to Aroma with a business group of about 15 on a weeknight. I was impressed with the menu which had lots of standard and not-so-standard Mediterranean choices, along with good wine selection. Food was excellent - arrived hot, plentiful, and tasty. A lot of my dining companions ordered fish (salmon, I think it was), which I don't usually do in a restaurant, and they said it was perfectly cooked. My starter salad and entree were excellent - generous portions, nicely cooked and presented artfully but not pretentiously. Efficient, friendly service. Atmosphere is busy but colourful and fun. Would definitely return with friends for a casual evening out.

1  Thank Nancy A
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Hello Nancy A,
Thank you for your recent visit and review of Aroma. We appreciate you taking the time to write a thorough and fair review of our cuisine, service and atmosphere. Your feedback will be passed along to our staff, it is always nice to receive a verbal pat on the back from our guests! We look forward to having you join us again soon at Aroma.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

When we arrived there was a sign telling us to wait to be seated, but no evidence that anybody was around to help us find a seat. It seemed like there was some group event going on in a side room, so they may have been busy. We flagged somebody down and got our seat. Service was good from there. The mussels were a disappointment. They did not taste fresh at all, which we blamed on being in Ontario. We got the tilapia and lobster ravioli, which were very good. They brought us samples of the desserts before we ordered. Cost was average overall. We would recommend this place, but avoid the mussels.

AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Hello Hormuz85,
Thank you for your recent visit to Aroma and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests as it helps us to continue to strive to delivery delicious dishes and an overall wonderful dining experience for all. In regards to the mussels we have contacted our supplier to ensure we receive top quality and consistent products. Thank you again and we look forward to having you join us again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The atmosphere is amazing. I was just disappointed with the chicken dinner I had, it was very dry. I will give the menu another try soon the atmosphere at this point is what will bring me back to this restaurant. My fingers are crossed!!

AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Terry S,
We are pleased you tried Aroma and enjoyed our unique atmosphere. In regards to the chicken, we apologize that it was dry. In the future please do not hesitate to inform your server or manager and we will be happy to offer alternatives or compensation. Our culinary team has been informed of your comment; customer feedback is important and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We strive to provide not only an elegant atmosphere but also delicious cuisine and quality service for every guest.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am writing this review to provide those who may choose to order wine with a warning of the exceptionally large mark-up at this restaurant.

While waiting for our meal my co-workers and I took some time to discuss the wine for sale on the wall next to us. As the curios fellow I am I decided to Google at random two bottles from their selection with prices labeled $100 and $150. The bottle priced at $150 was available at the LCBO for $15, and the bottle labeled as $100 was available at the LCBO for $16. Typical mark-up on a bottle of wine is about 3 times as much (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/wine/why-you-pay-52-for-a-15-wine-in-a-restaurant/article11919459/), so 10 times the price at this restaurant seems a bit excessive.

Due to frequently traveling to London for work over the last few weeks I have had the opportunity to sample a variety of restaurants. I recently dined at this restaurant for the first time this evening with two other co-workers. The service was fine and the food was alright. I ordered the paella which was disappointing, but my co-workers enjoyed their fish and ravioli. One of my co-workers really enjoyed the atmosphere and design, while the remainder felt it was a bit over-the-top.

3  Thank InMyMouth
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Users,
Please be aware that we carry a wide selection of vintage wines available for purchase from the shelves in our Wine Cellar as well as wines from our restaurant wine list. Bottles of wine are available starting from $30.00 per bottle and up. We also provide the option for guests to bring their own wine in which case a corking fee of $15.00 per 750ml bottle would apply. We provide wines for all budgets so that our guests have a variety to choose from.