“Enjoyed”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central London
Cross street: Piccadilly Street
Description: Marrying old world charm with high tech, Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant offers London diners a unique culinary experience. Established four years ago, owner Felipe Gomes has marketed Aroma as a destination eatery in the Forest City, with facilities for friends and corporate team building, a private conference room for up to 30, as well as a beautiful courtyard and dining room, featuring entertainment on weekends. Gomes’ newest addition to Aroma is an 18th century inspired wine cellar. To accompany the fabulous food, environment and wonderful wines, one can expect to see European style entertainment that complements all three. Every weekend features opera, Fado (Portuguese), Spanish guitarists, Flamenco, or jazz.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Family atmosphere once again which I enjoy while still maintaining a high level of professionalism. I felt the portions could have been a touch larger. This is downtown so i understand but at the same time people want to eat. Food was prepared nicely, and our waiter was extremely pleasant. Start to finish I lost track of time so that is a good thing.

1  Thank 303JohnL303
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear 303JohnL303,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent visit to Aroma. We are glad you mentioned we have a family atmosphere as downtown restaurants can sometimes be overlooked in that respect. We have a great children's menu with all their favorites!
Thank you again for your feedback, as we strive to always provide the perfect guest experience. We look forward to having you join us again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We dined at Aroma for a business dinner during our stay in London. I loved the decor! It was so refreshing not to be in a standard establishment with booths and lame decor. Got to eat in the wine cellar which had some interesting things to look at. My husband and I split the brie appetizer and I had a salad with grilled chicken. The salad was not anything to write home about but then again...its a salad! My husband and the kebabs and raved about them most of the night. I do not know the bill total but feel we had a nice meal and would go back if in London again.

AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Katianna_lindley,
Thank you for your recent post of your visit to Aroma, we are pleased you joined us while you were in London.
Our Wine Cellar is a 'hidden gem' that offers a unique setting to compliment the overall dining experience. We are happy that your husband enjoyed the kebabs and we appreciate the feedback. We hope you will join us again next time you are in the city!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have been to Aroma a number of times and came away very satisfied that the meal was very good, service was generally quite good and the ambience is always enjoyable. If you can go on the evenings when there is live music, it adds to the enjoyment of the evening. The menu selections are nicely varied and should provide something for anyone. On specialty nights it would be suggested that you go early,if possible. The kitchen can get backed up, but a leisurely dinner in a romantic atmosphere is not a bad thing. It is not a 'fast food' emporium, so take the time to enjoy. We would recommend Aroma to our friends.

AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Scottyjas,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and for your continued support Aroma. These days we live a very fast paced and rushed lifestyle and as you mentioned it is nice to slow down and enjoyed a meal with great atmosphere, cuisine, and of course great company. We look forward to having you join us again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been to Aroma's several times, and each time has been a great experience. I have dined there for Valentines Day, Mother's day, and many family events. One particular occassion sticks out. It was close to Christmas and we were on a time crunch before a show at the Grand Theatre. I had informed staff previous to our arrival that we would be pressed for time. Staff made it a priority to get our meal out to us in a timely manner without sacrificing taste. Our server was very informative regarding wine choices and his best suggestions for menu choices. We even had time to squeeze in dessert. Each time I have gone to Aroma's I always ask to be seated in the wine cellar, as it provides a great atmosphere for beautiful dinning experience. I find that if there ever is an issue (for instance the music went off in the wine cellar once) as soon as you inform the wait staff the issue is always dealt with in a timely manner. Also Felipe always makes it a point to chat with each diner and to thank them for coming.(this has been my experience every time I have been there) You dont always get that kind of service at other high end restaurants. Pricing of the bill is on par with any other high end dining experience in London I find.
I look forward to continuing to attend Aroma's for special occassions, as I am confident I will always be served in the best manner with high quality food and high quality service. My fiancee and I are looking forward to booking Aroma's for our rehearsal dinner before our wedding.

AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Mariana,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a post about Aroma and we value your comments and continued support of our restaurant.
We strive to provide the perfect guest experience with all of our customers by offering a unique and elegant atmosphere, delicious cuisine and quality service.
We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We did the Valentine's dinner and left generally disappointed. The environment was excellent with lots of nice 'extras' and decor for the night, but when it came to execution Aroma failed. The service was slow and sloppy (lots of cheap temp staff with no experience). The food was really slow, cold and terrible. They clearly took on more than they could handle to capitalize on the V-Day $$$. Short term thinking. Our bill for 2 was north of $200 which we felt was a complete rip-off for the poor experience.

4  Thank Pro_CNDTraveler
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Pro_CNDTraveler,

First, we would like to thank you for choosing Aroma for you Valentine’s dinner destination. We apologize for falling short in not meeting and exceeding our high level of service and food quality that we are recognized for. We did have some challenges and oversights in our kitchen during the dinner service and we have since addressed those setbacks to ensure our food quality, presentation and timing are all ideal. In the future please do not hesitate to notify management during your meal so that we can address the issue(s) immediately. Please contact us directly at the restaurant at fg_international@bellnet.ca or 519.435.0616 so that we can review and properly address your concerns.

Aroma Restaurant Management