I still can't decide if the lack of amenities and unusual layout is worth the savings. $70, not even to have my own shower?
Stayed in a room with two single beds and a small and outdated half bath (ancient industrial toilet and sink only). Lack of a counter in the wash room made it awkward to get ready.
If you'll be spending much time in your room, the 13 inch flat screen TV might be a bother, as well as the uncomfortable 1960s chairs, and the door to the shared balcony that only locks some of the time. Would have liked another service to set my things out.
The bedding was nice and modern and fresh, but the drapes were useless for blocking light.
The shared shower facilities down the hall are about as private as you can expect from an old 1960s dorm and look to be original to the building. We decided not to use them.
All the guests we saw were on the mature side, but we found the noise from the hallway very loud and irritating.
The female receptionist we dealt with at check-in must have said "I don't know" about a dozen times. I felt like I was inconveniencing her by simply wanting to check in. Still not sure if we were checked in to the right room, thought we were meant to have an attached bathroom. Male receptionist the next day was much more pleasant.
If you're looking for comfort and amenities of a normal hotel, skip it. If you're willing to save some money and live like a college student at a glorified hostel, go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guest House on The Mount is a boutique hostel; offering clean, simple and economical accommodations. Our unique location beside the Thames River overlooks the Forest City and is highlighted with wonderful green spaces. We offer many common areas to make your stay feel like a home away from home. There are fully equipped self-serve kitchens for your cooking needs, a lounge with comfy furniture and a bigger TV, as well as laundry onsite and free cable and internet. Located close to the popular Masonville Place and a quick drive downtown, you'll have no problems finding entertainment, new cuisine or enjoying a day of shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Guest House on the Mount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guest House On The Mount Hotel London
- Guest House On The Mount London, Ontario