“FALSE ADVERTISING!”

Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in London
London, Canada
“FALSE ADVERTISING!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

After a weeks work, My husband and I were looking forward to a relaxing sleep in london. Wile looking for Guest House on the Mount, the directions they give you on there website lead you to an intersection? We had gotten lost for half an hour till we finally called and the receptionist. She was a young girl with no real education on the actual directions herself, she simply said look for the black and white sign???. We finally made it and it looked as if we stumbled onto a lot of medical offices and industrial wear housing? Once directed to the entrance we climbed to flights of stairs, we were given our room key to which the room was so small and the colors dull, not only was the TV as big as my Tablet there was also no SHOWER!!!!. on top of that the washroom was covered in pubic hair and the toilet had some sort of mucus color too it. We now explained to the receptionist in pure exhaustion. She transfered our room, we were so tired we just checked our bed and crashed! We wake up at 11:10 to someone walking in our room!!!! my husband had to jump out of bed and slam the door!. We were never told our checkout time! Now we are more than angry rushing to get our things and get the hell out ,we go to use the washroom and there is hair and paint and old tape stuck under the lid!!!! We left immediately and confronted the NEW receptionist and she was very rude and awaiting confrontation! I explained and all she said was I'm sorry! NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
15 Thank MunirihSuddess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ten Mile, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

It was a nice nights sleep on a cold and snowy winters eve. The staff although not overly friendly, was nice and helpful. The room was not elegant but was clean and bed comfortable (I prefer dorm for savings but private was only thing available). Bathrooms were centrally located and also cleanliness was good. Kitchen was stocked enough for simple cooking and included coffee/tea was nice. I didn't require it but laundry facility seemed a nice bonus. I'm a pretty simple traveler and can overlook many things based on a balance of staff attitude, room/facilities meeting my needs, and value for the money. This meets all the above with reasonable effectiveness and therefore met my satisfaction. The highlight was enjoying coffee in the lounge with nice snowy view of the Thames river...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Mark F
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Front desk/customer service was good, attentive and willing to help. The apartments is simple but outdated, small, door to the balcony did not lock and could be opened from outside and the cleaning was not up to standards.

The rate does not include breakfast and wi-fi worked well.

Location is good and convenient, although the price seems to be quite reasonable, you can definitely get a better room in another place with breakfast included for the same price.

Webpage over promised, room conditions under delivered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
35 Thank nyork12345

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is a run down boarding house and has the standards of the fifties.
It is definitely not recommended if you are looking for privacy and want to relax in a clean and comfortable room.

The rooms are spartan and small. No table, no chair, no radio, no clock, no shelf space.
The Queen beds are small and worn out.
The sound proof is very poor. You will hear your neighbours business. The heating, ventilation, air conditioning can not be regulated and is loud.
To get a reasonable rate you have to use the public bathrooms that are simple and not always clean.

The kitchen is substandard equipped and there is a lack of food.

To sum this up this a very spartan place to stay if you do not mind to share your life in public and are looking for the standards of a "Guest House".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
23 Thank Heather W
Ontario
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here when my mother was in hospital; it's about a 10 minute walk door to door, and you're walking across a park for about half that walk.

My family stayed in the "family suites" (we rented 2, without bathrooms): 2 single beds, 1 queen bed, table with 4 chairs, closet (one has a tiny closet, the other a large walk-in), mini-fridge, flatscreen TV (with a more than acceptable program selection), couch, and some random night tables / end tables.

Furnishings seemed quite new, albiet requiring someone to go over them and retighten the bolts ... especially the queen bed and the chairs. These two rooms are giant; during the day, we had upwards of 10-12 people in one of the rooms and it wasn't crowded. The two rooms we had were the "chapel" in this facility before it was repurposed, so a bunch of the windows were stained glass. Linens were seemingly of high quality and were clean, as expected.

The hotel has common kitchens, laundry facilities, and washrooms; most rooms don't have them unless specified. As well, there is a common area with a big TV and lots of chairs and tables; this is a "quiet" area, good for reading or watching something if there are others sleeping in your room. The common kitchen is big and well stocked (pots, pans, cutlery, toaster, microwave, collanders, etc) with two enormous fridges for all to store their items. The bathrooms are very utilitarian, but have accessible showers and toilets, and are very clean. Laundry facilities are coin operated; $2 per, and the machines have quite high capacity.

Front desk staff are there 24 hrs a day and were very helpful when we needed assistance. Special mention to Matilda (I hope I remember her name correctly).

If I had a complaint, it was the queen bed was soft. I suppose it's personal preference, but I've personally never slept on such a soft bed.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a family room without bathroom, request 210; it has a much larger closet whic...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Ettore C
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This motel is clean and quiet sitting on beautiful grounds. Wife stayed here for thee weeks and the motel was suitable and priced right. Location is perfect, mall just north with many places to eat. Close to St. Joseph's Hospital and university.
Room was small but had everything that was needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank wmunroe
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I don't know what other people are talking about on here. This place,for the price, is perfect for me. I was staying there to be close to a family member in the hospital. But I would come back just for some quiet me time. The carpets in my room weren't dirty at all!! In fact they looked new. And I had a full bathroom in my unit AND a TV (small, but I don't even OWN a tv so who cares?). The grounds are beautiful, and it's nestled away from traffic. It was walking distance to the hospital, even in winter, which I was thankful for, because parking at the hospital is beyond expensive. I can relate to how some people would prefer to have a desk, as I wanted one too. But I liked how it had a kitchen, laundry room and a very nice common room to relax in and observe the beauty of the Thames. I also liked the beds, and found mine comfortable. I would come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo