Stayed here when my mother was in hospital; it's about a 10 minute walk door to door, and you're walking across a park for about half that walk.
My family stayed in the "family suites" (we rented 2, without bathrooms): 2 single beds, 1 queen bed, table with 4 chairs, closet (one has a tiny closet, the other a large walk-in), mini-fridge, flatscreen TV (with a more than acceptable program selection), couch, and some random night tables / end tables.
Furnishings seemed quite new, albiet requiring someone to go over them and retighten the bolts ... especially the queen bed and the chairs. These two rooms are giant; during the day, we had upwards of 10-12 people in one of the rooms and it wasn't crowded. The two rooms we had were the "chapel" in this facility before it was repurposed, so a bunch of the windows were stained glass. Linens were seemingly of high quality and were clean, as expected.
The hotel has common kitchens, laundry facilities, and washrooms; most rooms don't have them unless specified. As well, there is a common area with a big TV and lots of chairs and tables; this is a "quiet" area, good for reading or watching something if there are others sleeping in your room. The common kitchen is big and well stocked (pots, pans, cutlery, toaster, microwave, collanders, etc) with two enormous fridges for all to store their items. The bathrooms are very utilitarian, but have accessible showers and toilets, and are very clean. Laundry facilities are coin operated; $2 per, and the machines have quite high capacity.
Front desk staff are there 24 hrs a day and were very helpful when we needed assistance. Special mention to Matilda (I hope I remember her name correctly).
If I had a complaint, it was the queen bed was soft. I suppose it's personal preference, but I've personally never slept on such a soft bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guest House on The Mount is a boutique hostel; offering clean, simple and economical accommodations. Our unique location beside the Thames River overlooks the Forest City and is highlighted with wonderful green spaces. We offer many common areas to make your stay feel like a home away from home. There are fully equipped self-serve kitchens for your cooking needs, a lounge with comfy furniture and a bigger TV, as well as laundry onsite and free cable and internet. Located close to the popular Masonville Place and a quick drive downtown, you'll have no problems finding entertainment, new cuisine or enjoying a day of shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Guest House on the Mount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guest House On The Mount Hotel London
- Guest House On The Mount London, Ontario