“No frills here to distract from the excellent food”
Review of Tacos Tony

Tacos Tony
Ranked #10 of 88 Restaurants in Leamington
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Waterloo, Canada
“No frills here to distract from the excellent food”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Don't be discouraged by the sparse interior and down-and-dirty looks, that's just authentic flair. There are no frills here to distract from the excellent food. I ordered a plain old beef burrito, what I got was a well presented, flavourful and spicy dish. Service was friendly and quick. I would definitely return.

• Visited November 2012

Windsor, Ontario, Canada
“Muy bueno!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My spouse and I dropped in here for lunch after running around in Essex County. We'd heard of this place and finally had a chance to check it our.

We were not disappointed.

The food was delicious, with large portions. The green "hot sauce" is a must try - if you're not used hot sauces, however, use sparingly to start.

The décor is nothing spectacular, but you don't eat décor.

Our entire meal came to $17.00 and I was more than happy to leave a generous tip.

We will definitely be back.

Gracias!

• Visited September 2012
Windsor, Canada
“It's not Tex-Mex”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

People expecting Tex-Mex will be disappointed, because this is authentic Mexican cuisine. It's delicious, and inexpensive. They were out of chicken when I visited. It's a family business, and the kids were a little boisterous for a while, but besides those small problems, I will definitely return when passing through Leamington.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank umgabri2
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Horrible Mexican Food”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Decided to give this place a try during lunchtime since it had the most reviews on Yelp. I'm assuming the chef/waiter was Tony. Start with the positive. Inexpensive food and $4 burgers; not that I would come here for a burger. I ordered a Taco supreme (beef, pork and chicken) and a small chicken tortilla. I'm shocked by the 5 star reviews. This place is bad. Maybe it's a 5 star in Leamington since I haven't tried the other Mexican places in town. I have been to many Mexican restaurants in the US and Mexico.

Brown chicken got my attention. All the meat was ground up; if it was really meat. I felt sick all afternoon. Now I know why a local Canadian told me he only goes there after a night of drinking.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank glenn c
Richmond Hill, Ontario
“An authentic experience, and then there's great food!”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Reminds me of the "beaneries" that dot the secondary roads of Southern California. The reviews give a good description of the great food, but variety is limited. The green salsa is to die for...or die of...be careful. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, and when you ask Tony what is owed at the cash register, He often replies with a question like, 'Seven dollars okay?" Got to love it.

• Visited May 2012