“Disappointed”

Paula's Fish Place
Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Leamington
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Paula's Fish Place is open Mid March to the beginning of November. A beautifully newly renovated restaurant along Lake Erie minutes around golf, Motels & a National Park. We specialize in Fresh Lake Erie Yellow Perch & Pickerel Grilled and lightly battered. We have a beautiful outdoor Patio looking at the Lake with weekend local dinning Entertainment. Serving Local Wines and local produce.
Windsor, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had the perch and pickerel special. The perch was ok but the pickerel tasted fishy. I don't know if this is because the fish was not fresh or if it was cooked with the skin still on. Additionally, one would think that the restaurant, being in the tomato capital of Canada, would have nice fresh local tomatoes in their salads, but I think the salad was out of a bag and the tomatoes were those under-ripe imports. Disappointed. Service was nice and friendly, but it was not very busy.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Colin B

Buffalo, New York
“Nice meals”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A lot of places in this region use a thick batter that soaks up a lot of oil and conceals what is actually a small piece of fish, but I liked Paula's Fish Place because their batter is thin, crispy, not greasy, and actually complements the flavor of the fish. I had their yellow perch dinner and my husband had their pickerel dinner. Both were delicious and the fish was plentiful. My only complaints are that they could have given us a slightly larger portion of rice and that they could have used mixed greens rather than iceberg lettuce salad (it feels a little bit more upscale and helps justify the cost). Kudos to the servers, who were very nice and knowledgeable about all the menu items.

Ontario
“Friendly service, good location”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I recently spent few days birding at Point Pelee and visited Paula' Fish Place for a late dinner. The staff was friendly; they prepared dinner for us although it was closing time and we were the only ones in the restaurant. Our food was ok, yellow perch and pickerel, although the salad was not fresh and the fries were likely made in overly used oil...but what could we have expected at the end of the day? We were glad to have dinner and we much appreciated the friendly service.

Ajax, Canada
“Good Food Not Limited To Fish”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a week birding at Point Pelee and visited Paula's for dinner on 4 occasions.

Staff are very attentive and friendly and help to give the place that small town, neighbourly feel.

Yellow perch, pickerel, salmon and chicken fettuccini recommended.

Newcastle, Canada
“Perch in a basket, fries and coleslaw and a beer...Perfect!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After our first visit ever in the Park just an excellent lunch of yellow perch basket with home cut fries and coleslaw.

Certainly happy with Paula's convenient location for tourists and that we didn't go with the review of the apparently disgruntled local below!

• Visited April 2013