“We were served chowder from a can”
Review of Paula's Fish Place

Paula's Fish Place
Ranked #13 of 88 Restaurants in Leamington
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Paula's Fish Place is open Mid March to the beginning of November. A beautifully newly renovated restaurant along Lake Erie minutes around golf, Motels & a National Park. We specialize in Fresh Lake Erie Yellow Perch & Pickerel Grilled and lightly battered. We have a beautiful outdoor Patio looking at the Lake with weekend local dinning Entertainment. Serving Local Wines and local produce.
Windsor, Canada
“We were served chowder from a can”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My fiancee and I were en route to Point Pelee and decided to stop in for a mid-afternoon meal. I ordered the seafood chowder to start and the main course being perch. When my chowder arrived at the table it tasted burnt and lumpy. I mentioned to waitress that the soup was inedible and she told me that they used soup from a can and added flour to thicken it. I could've have done that for myself at home, but I wouldn't expect that from a restaurant that specializes in seafood! I did enjoy the perch despite the tiny portion for the price and appreciated that they had local wines on their menu. The atmosphere is pleasant but the lumpy chowder over-shadowed it all.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Taracotta

Windsor, Canada
“Consistent and you can be assured of kind of fish bing served”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Attended again today and as usual, the yellow lake perch was exactly what we wanted and have come to expect. We discovered the difference between white perch, imported perch and yellow from the owner, Paula, many years ago when working in the area. Can't beat the sweetness of the perch. The staff have come to know us but treat us no differently than their other guests, many from Michigan and Ohio during the birding season. Will continue to highly rate this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Sudbury,ON
“Very friendly service in a nice location with good fish and chips”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stopped at Paula for lunch on a Sunday at the end of the season and were welcomed with warmth and excellent service.
From our table we could look out on a charming garden and the other section is close to the lake.
The cod and chips was very good, just the right portion size for lunchtime. The location is a perfect stop onthe way to or from the Pelee National Park.

Visited September 2012
Leamington, Canada
“NOT AS POPULAR”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Paula's used to be the place to go if you wanted a nice fish dinner. The salad bar was very nice and the place was often packed. Now no salad bar and the prices has shot way up and the quality of the food has gone down. Have been here many times but not any more.

Leamington, Canada
“Took our friends visiting from Kitchener to the Park and then to Paula's”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

we had lunch at Paula's a few Sunday ago and enjoyed it very much.. (that time I had frog legs).so we decided to take our friends who were visiting from Kitchener to the Park, they enjoyed it very much.. and then we sat on the Patio at Paula's, great weather, great location, great server and a great meal.. what else can you ask for?? we had the blackened Salmon burger?? and Perch Baskets.. afterwards we shared a lemon cream pie.. ( oh I hate to share)..
loved it.. will be back for sure..
thanks a lot..