“always a pleasure”

Point Pelee National Park
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Leamington
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1918, this small yet popular park is home to a variety of trees and birds.
Reviewed June 14, 2012

It's a pretty unique place in Canada, and always worth the visit. Walking to the point is a must! Be sure to avoid going in the water past about the depth of your ankles; a lot of people have died here because of undertows. It's a very nice place to spend a day. There is lots to do like kayak, hike, bike, etc.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Along with friends, we had an empty box on the "life list" to get to Point Pelle fro the migration of birds from the Deep South. Not disappointed, at all.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I love going here to bike and to canoe, the boardwalk through the marsh is great, the beachers are uber clean, and the point is so relaxing. I love walking through the paths and looking at all the great nature. I've never seen the monarchs in the fall, but apparently monarch butterflies swarm the place and cover everything and it's just amazing. The Delaurier homestead is great to visit. It's awesome to see old houses like that from so long ago, especially when it's in such a remote location. You can't go upstairs, but you can see the kitchen and fireplace, which is the best part of any house, anyway. ;) What I loved the most was walking through the forest. It's very marshy, and you feel like you are almost in a Caribbean swamp. There are vines everywhere, and the trees are HUGE. The trail I love the most is called the Delaurier Trail. It's right next to the homestead. I like it better than I like the point. A great place to go with family, friends, and a special someone.

1  Thank loveisjustakissaway
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We recently went birding here. Although we were a little late for the "Festival of Birds" spring migration we did see quite a few species. The Park is huge and you can easily spend a day or more exploring all the trails. The boardwalk on the marsh is an excellent place for watching waterfowl.
Easy 1 hr drive from Windsor.. It's best to pack your own lunch - there is just one small cafeteria in the park.

1  Thank GSR07
Reviewed May 27, 2012

What a fantastic piece of paradise. This is a flora and fauna lovers dream. The sites and smells and sounds are endless. I could roam this wonderful place endlessly. I will never forget it.

1  Thank chimochimo