“Everything I expected and more.”

Talbot Trail Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Leamington
“Everything I expected and more.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

After looking through reviews for places to stay in the area I decided that the Talbot Trail Inn was our best bet. We had spent a long day hiking in Pelee Park and were thoroughly tired when we arrived. As soon as we stepped in the door to our room I knew we had made the right decision....the room was beautiful, boutique inspired decor, lovely big tv, and it smelled great! First impression continued to the spa looking bathroom and later to the excellent restaurant attached. The added bonus was that this was at a great price point as well. We will definitely come back...thank you for helping make our weekend getaway memorable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Anita G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
northern kentucky
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night, May 25th-26th. This is your non-chain, family-owned and run local motel with restaurant. We were impressed with the spotlessly clean room, the carpet that appeared to be new, latest-technology door locks and overall neat and well-cared for appearance of the place. In fact, that was what drew us in off the road. The positive overall impression we had was carried out throughout. The food was good and the portions large. Service was friendly and courteous. The prices were reasonable. We would stay here again, no question about it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
buffalo, new york
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Talbot Trails for three nights 5/14 to 5/16 2013. The first morning the shower varied from too hot to too cold. The second morning it took so long to adjust the shower I skipped it. The third morning thought the shower was adjusted fine, with a head full of lather it became almost scalding hot. When I informed the hotel staff (which had to be called for a checkout before 7 am) the individual informed me it was the first the hotel had heard of this problem. Don't think so! The other persons in my party had the same experience with the shower in their room.

Did not find the bed comfortable, but others in party did. The window cover was vertical blinds which did not completely close. The stair to the second floor had 21 steps. Labelled it the stairmaster! Will not be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor will require a 21 stair climb.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kvulture
Wellandport, Ontario
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is an excellent inn to stop at: it even accommodates pets (in smoking rooms). Well appointed and comfortable rooms, clean and spacious. The hidden treasure is the attached dining facility for breakfast, lunch and dinner; AND features delicious Lebanese food in addition to normal fare.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JA K
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This unique accommodation has everything to offer to anyone and if very affordable for the value. The establishment has a private parking lot, inside the perimeters of the complex which makes you feel like you are in a secluded and well protected area of Leamington, Ontario. The minute attention to details that the Elias family has put into beautifully decorating this facility along with their utmost cordial welcome makes the experience of living away from home one to remember. The homemade Lebanese culinary offering, amongst other more typical meals served at the Fireplace Bar and Grill restaurant, is a sinful gastronomic indulgence. Don’t forget to try the Fatoush, Sauteed Tomatoes, Hummos, fresh Pita and Kefta. To further complete awakening one’s senses, available in the room is rose-scented shampoo, which reminds me of distilled rose petal water found in Lebanese grocery stores. For the stargazers, please check out the beautiful light show under the car port entrance, once the night falls. Thank you Sam, Marilyn and Sandra,,,I will see you all again very soon when I return to your area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nstamour67
Cannington
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I didn't know where to book-in for an overnight stay as I had never been to Leamington. I used trip advisor for reviews and decided on the Talbot Trail Inn because of the rating and feedback.
My husband and I were both very pleased with this choice. The main room was a little smaller than I expected but it had everything we needed and was very comfortable. We were most happy with the absolute cleanliness of the unit. Next to the motel office is a restaurant where we had dinner and breakfast. The servings are huge; we joked with the waitress that you would never go hungry here. Lots of choice on the menu and the food tasted great. We are to go back to Leamington this spring and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank wannabewarm
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My Husband and I along with our Daughter stayed here at the Talbot Inn on Saturday Feb 16th during a Family visit.

Our 1st impression on the property was it was very quaint and home like. We checked into our room on the 2nd floor and must say that the decor (brown) could use a little upgrading as it becomes very dark during day especially when the blinds in your room don't operate properly. We couldn't get any daylight through the window without breaking the blinds so we just left well enough alone.

Another point we would like to mention is the outside lights on the 2nd floor balcony and not individually controlled leaving you with a bright fluorescent light right outside your window when your trying to sleep.

To add insult to injury, I guess we choose the wrong weekend to stay here as there appeared to be a large group of inconsiderate guests that decided to continue their partying past 3:00am with loud yelling throughout the hall and outside parking lot! We couldn't wait to leave.

After a family get-together and returning to the Talbot Inn to retire for the night i just about wiped out on the tile flooring leading to the room. Not a good idea to have tile in a hotel hallway not only is it very dangerous when your coming in from the snowy night but also very loud when other guests are returning to their rooms.

Unfortunately Talbot Trail will not be on our list of places to stay on our future visits to Leamington.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank soniaunderwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leamington
Best Western Plus Leamington Hotel & Conference Centre
#2 of 8 in Leamington
Rymal's Motel
Rymal's Motel
#7 of 9 in Leamington

Been to Talbot Trail Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!