“comfortable, handy area, friendly service”

Quality Inn Leamington
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Leamington
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights when we moved to Leamington, as our house was not immediately available. Our agent had recommended the place, and we were glad we stayed here. Staff was friendly and helpful, good size rooms. We brought our maltese with us and enjoyed the easy access to the outside area. Also, we put food down for him the three days (we put it away when we left for the day) but we had no problems with ants as someone else mentioned.

Room Tip: only half the rooms have easy access to the parking lot, but the other side has a nice sidewalk and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
manager276, General Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Welcome to Leamington. So glad to hear that you have joined the local community. Thank you for your reivew, your comments have been shared with my staff. We are planning on some renovations in the near future which will certainly enhance the visit from family and friends as they come to visit you. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here three nights in April. The location was convenient for visiting Point Pelee park, about 15 minutes drive. The exterior and lobby of this hotel were quite shabby but the room was a typical Comfort Inn room--spacious,clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was also not bad, in addition to the usual assortment of breads, muffins, pastries, cereals, juices, they also had fried egg wraps which were tasty.
There were a few restaurants within walking distance. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
manager276, General Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

It sounds like we were able to meet all your expectations and exceed some. We thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Comfort Inn in Leamington, Ontario really provided amazing service for great value!

First, after being allowed a late check-out with absolutely no hassle, we realized half of the way home to Toronto that we left a sweater behind in the room. It was not the most valuable item so it was not worth the drive back. But it was worth the off chance that house-keeping might have found the sweater and turned it in to the front desk in case we visit the area again. The Comfort Inn went above and beyond by actually packaging my sweater and mailing it to my billing address. Of course, I agreed to any cost I might incur for them doing this, but I don`t think the hotel actually charged me for this. I received the sweater in the mail even before my credit card statement bearing the charges! This small act of kindness sets their service staff apart from many other hotels!

As for the less than glowing reviews - I can with honesty say I read one about `bugs` and felt a slight apprehension at first. But after seeing the room (spotless) and staying the night with my party of 4 and dog, I can say there were absolutely no signs of bugs in our room. We left our dog`s food out for him to eat, and had a little left over pizza on the table with no incident or problem whatsoever. If there was ever an issue at this hotel, there certainly are no signs of it now.

The decor is a little dated, yes. But when you`re traveling through the area, what you really want is a comfortable bed, a clean hot shower, with clean towels and linens, and working air conditioning. The Comfort Inn has that covered!

The pros: - we checked in at 10 pm after booking via telephone at 7 pm on a Sunday night of a long weekend and had absolutely no problem.
- pet friendly - we have a medium sized dog and they gave us absolutely no problem. The added cost was a mere $10 per night (in comparison to the $50 per night charged by the Hilton in Windsor) and you would not be able to tell the difference between this pet-friendly hotel and the next. Finding pet friendly accommodations in the area (or anywhere) at the last minute can be challenging, so this was definitely refreshing to have no problem.
- cost - for a single night stay in a nice little town, nestled in a beautiful region of Ontario, you really cannot get much better value. For two double beds and a cot (extra $10 for the comfort of our third guest) it cost us $150, taxes in. This, considering we were also offered the queen size bed with a pull out couch for our party of 4 + dog, was great. It was great to have options available even for last minute bookings. Compare this to the $250 we spent for the previous night at the Hilton in Windsor where the rooms were not that different.
- complimentary continental breakfast - This is a big deal, specially if you`re looking at value! We were not even offered stale muffins at the Hilton, but at the Comfort Inn they offered an assortment of cereals, teas and coffee, muffins, toast, bagels, yogurts and waffles. It`s not a huge offering, so don`t expect eggs and bacon! However, we have stayed at different B & Bs in the region and received less breakfast options. If you are considering going the way of B & B, just ask what the `breakfast` entails and if you`re looking at your typical cereal and milk then you may as well consider the Comfort Inn as an alternative. I was more than pleased with this!

The cons - the hotel is a little dated (so what).
- the air conditioning unit was a tad loud, but after a long day you really don`t notice this.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I would like to thank you for choosing Comfort Inn for your recent trip to Leamington and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. One can learn so much from a review such as yours. I am very glad to hear that we exceded your expectations. I just want to let you in on a little secret, we are scheduled for some amazing renovations in the early spring of next year. I look forward to welcoming you back and having you give us your review once again. I thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed review. Thank you.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed there during the spring birding migration. Too many substandard accomodations in this town and birders are exploited during May. The Comfort Inn had reasonable rates for the quality of accomodations. The room was clean the lobby had free breakfast which was clean.
Close to Point Pelee or the ferry to Pelee Island. Close to shopping and groceries as well.

Room Tip: All rooms quiet as motels runs back from main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindyLou1214
manager276, Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Although we welcome feedback of all types it is always a pleasure for us to hear what sets us apart from our competition.
We look forward to your return next birding season as we plan to have our renovations completed and you will be one of the first people to try the new Comfort Inn.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

On check in there was an Orca pest control woman at the counter. I didn't think much of it as rodent control is what I was thnking. We had our little cocapoo with us. We went across the street and picked up some dinner and brought it back to the hotel. I put some kibble on the floor for our dog but she wouldn't eat. So I thought if I put in a separate bowl some soft food she'd eat it and then the kibble but nope, nothing. She could not settle on the carpet. she would jump up on the bed and back on the floor and so on. Lieing in the bed I got bit by something twice. We got up the next moringing and went down to the breakfast, poor excuse compared to other Comfort Inns. Went back to the room, cleaned up and when I picked up the 2 dog bowls, the FREAKING ANTS WERE ALL OVER THE BOWLS IN THE FOOD AND RUNNING OVER MY HANDS!!!!!!!!! Do you know what the clerk said to me "ya that happens when you put food down". For God's sake I was so pissed off you have no idea!!!!! Lastly, the grounds were discusting. Huge spider webs attached to the patio doors with SPIDERS AND THE LIKES IN THEM.

Goldie Richmond, Brampton Ontario

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
manager276, General Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

We are extremely disappointed to read this review and are dismayed to hear of this guests’ experience. By reading each of these reviews we are able to recognize areas that are in need of improvement and take the appropriate actions to correct them.

The ant problem you mentioned has subsequently received treatment to the area. Our pest specialists have indicated that the early this extremely wet summer has caused some problems with ants in the Leamington area . We carry out an exterior ant treatment to the building bi-annually as a precaution

The problem that you mentioned has been brought to the attention of our housekeeping and maintenance department, as well as, our primary pest control service and we have received an assurance that is an isolated incident.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services for our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Leamington, Ontario while I was there on business for three nights. I knew that I would only be sleeping there with no down time in between sleeping and work and picked this hotel based on location from my work place. I called the hotel the day before my arrival and had no problem getting a reservation at a decent rate of $85.00 per night, though online the rate was listed at $100.00 per night.
It's a two story, no elevator hotel with a patio walk out and sliding door. The air conditioning was good and the room was clean and non descript. The breakfast is enhanced continental with breakfast wraps, fresh bagels, cereals and fruit. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating and did their utmost to make me feel welcome.
The biggest highlights in my opinion are the location close to the water and the FREE WI-FI in your room. It was a strong connection and was certainly welcome since I was there on business. I go out of my way to book hotels with free wi-fi and it's a definite selling point!
If I was in the area again on business I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly P
manager276, General Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

thank you for your review. We have recently upgraded our internet to allow for greater speed and access. Just to let you known, renovations are targeted for the first quarter of next year and we are extremely excited about the upcoming changes. It is through comments such as yours that we can implement change. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night during the Civic Holiday weekend.
I'm not quite sure what I expected but I was a little bit disappointed. This Inn could definitely use some updating. On the positive side the room was clean and I liked the shower.
But we didn't sleep that good because the hallway door was used (slammed shut)a lot during the night and that made a lot of noise.
Breakfast is free, but we took one look at what was offered and decided to go somewhere else.
Overall I think this Comfort Inn is very overpriced and I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
manager276, General Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel comments such as yours allows us to access where we have opportunities to make improvements. We deeply apologize about this incident and the impression it left on you. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on our services that we offer our guests.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to display to you our usually high service and not allow this occurrence to prevent you from returning to the Comfort Inn Leamington.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leamington
Days Inn Leamington
#2 of 8 in Leamington
Wigle's Motel
Wigle's Motel
#5 of 9 in Leamington

Been to Quality Inn Leamington? Share your experiences!