We arrived at Leamington by boat and stayed at the marina. This dining room was within walking distance of the marina, which is why we chose it.
The dining room is located in the basement of the Inn. Dark, unattractive and dingy. This should have been our first clue.
We ordered our food and waited a half hour for it to arrive. When the waiter finally arrived with our food, he asked us if we thought the wait was too long. Odd question for a waiter to ask. I think he already knew the answer.
My wife ordered the "special", perch and french fries. The waiter told us that it was 3 pieces of perch plus french fries. When it arrived, there were 4 pieces of perch, each about the size of your thumb. (no exaggeration). We were dumbfounded when we saw this.
I ordered the chicken ceasar, which was supposed to be served on Lakeside bakery bread. Instead it was a wrap.
The french fries on both of our plates were so soggy, you could not eat them. We haven't seen french fries this bad in years.
My advice...STAY AWAY. The service is slow, the food is not good. No value here. A big disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Leamington on the shores of Lake Erie at the ferry crossing to Pelee Island, few miles from Pt Pelee National Park. Nautical decor, restaurnat & lounge on site with patio overlooking Lake Erie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Seacliffe Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seacliffe Hotel Leamington
- Seacliffe Inn Leamington, Ontario