“Disappointed”

whole lotta gelato
Kitchener, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Based on the reviews I have seen I expected more from this restaurant.

First it is important to note that their website is very out of date and many of the items on it are no longer available. Also they no longer appear to allow the ordering of custom panini (as it suggests on their website).

The person who took our order was not very helpful. The grilled cheese we got was okay but did not taste like one would expect (weird acidic taste) and the chicken panini contained a large chuck of chicken skin and fat which was extremely unappetizing. To their credit I was not charged for the chicken panini and the staff was reasonably apologetic. The panini were served with a side of plain tortilla chips which were not particularly useful by themselves (maybe some kind of dip would be nice?)

To be fair we decided to leave after this without trying the gelato, so it may well be worth going in for. However, I would probably not recommend this restaurant for a regular meal.

• Visited May 2012

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“best place in town”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

It is one of may fav. places to have a coffee lunch or a gelato. Friendly staff - check it out you might just like it

• Visited April 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Amazing Personable Customer Service”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I went in just yesterday very quickly to grab something. I was going in not being focused on receiving the whole customer service experience, and couldn't believe how instantly warm and welcomed I felt in a place I've never been before. I had no clue what I wanted but the salesperson was very personable and gave great suggestions, and she really took the time to help me figure out what I wanted. I didn't expect such an amazing experience on my first time going, but it really blew me away. It really made me take notice in this cute little shop, and I'm really excited to go back soon! (I got a strawberry-banana smoothie per their suggestion for super cheap, and LOVED IT!!!)

• Visited July 2011