“a Solid 3+”

Vip Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #259 of 449 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 2, 2013

December 2012 at the VIP. Good fast food. took the kids, they loved it :) The restaurant temperature was a bit cold. The Shrimp was good.

1  Thank Stuck_in_gan

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have gone to this restaurant many times, mostly for their budget-conscious $4.95 lunch special. I have tried many different lunch specials but the best one is General Tso chicken. As a warning, it doesn't come with any vegetables. It's basically a mountain of delicious spicy tangy meat on rice. I have never eaten the entire thing, and I always have enough left over for dinner. I also recommend the sweet and sour pork which does come with vegetables. My friend likes the eggplant lunch special.

Dinner here is more expensive but they have a lot of options to choose from, including entire ducks. You can still order individual meals (lunch specials with a soup and egg roll for around $6 or $7) or you can order bigger containers of food. I rarely have dinner here.

The service is always fast. The place isn't particularly trendy but it's a great place to go on a quick lunch break for some delicious cheap food.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I like this restaurant very much. Nice food at reasonable prices.

BTW, their website looks great www.vipchinese.ca too.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

this place has good lunch specials and dinner specials at reasonable prices..but beware the owner (lady) is VERY inattentive to your requests and you have to ask for water 3 times..you get coke when you order pepsi, and watch your bill fpr extra charges..the bill is in large chinese script and smaller english..last 3 trips I noticed a .50 charge for nothing..so pay attention to your bill.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We came across this restaurant purely as a last resort. Originally we had travelled to Kingston from the cottage in search of a Chinese Buffet and to do a little shopping, but to our dismay all the ones we used to go to were gone. So, we headed down Princess Street to see what we could find. Upon entering the place it looks like it is in need of some rejuvination. Creaky uneven floors and outdated decor gave some trepidation. However, the menu was extensive and once the food came all conversation stopped as we hungrily chowed down on the excellent Vegetable Egg Foo Young and Shrimp with Lobster Sauce on Rice. The lobster sauce had a little kick and the individual lunch portions were huge!! Definitely worth another trip to Kingston, I'd say.