“Good pizza, but not worth the bad service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tata's House Of Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #329 of 433 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Pizza
Kingston, Canada
“Good pizza, but not worth the bad service”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I really like their pizza. Unfortunately, the service is just so horrible, it's not worth it. If there is a way for them to try to charge you a higher price than what you thought it would be, they seem to find it. I have had this happen several times and when I try to point it out I get treated like an idiot at best, yelled at at worst.

We'll get our pizza elsewhere.

ktown

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ktowntravllr

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again Tata's”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Placed an order based on their online menu. Confirmed with guy on the phone it was $22.89 and was told since I'm picking it up it would be a few bucks cheaper. Went to pick it up and was told the price was 30 bucks. What ?? I asked him why the high price and told asked him why didn't he correct me on the phone. Answer - that was the prices 10 years ago. Again, WTH didn't he tell me so before hand.

Pizza quality sucks as well. Limp pizza crust and soggy toppings. Based on the blatant lies and the poor quality of food I WILL NOT frequent this place again and I'll be sure to tell everyone I work with at CFB Kingston to steer clear of this place.

Stop stealing from your community Tata's. It's a shame.

1 Thank Surfhunter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shouldn't have to appologize for ordering!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have fond memories of Tata's as a kid...Friday night pizza but sadly greed and poor attitude has taken over.
Easily have eaten Tata's since I was 5 now into my 30's I order on our take out night for my kids. Its not quite as good as I remember but still average. Service on the other hand....aweful! Not sure about downtown location but in the west end its shameful. Called to place an order and was abruptley told it was over an hour wait as I studdered ok as I was stunned it was met with a rushed wha d'ya want...I said ok so you are not taking orders? Or? As was just plain confused...to that it was met with well we are just sayin lady its an hour or so wait. So I appologized for the inconvienence and called Pizza Hut instead...friendly, fast and just as busy but trained not to treat the customer like trash. A business owner myself I know that surely in times of economic tightness that my pleasure will come out of spreading the word on this dispicable establishment and its service and will be all too delighted to see it bankrupt. So much for my fond memories of the friendly folks, great food of my childhood. Whoever owns this franchise needs to realize small town word spreads fast. May I recommend 100 other pizza joints that can cook it up fresh and serve it with a smile and better yet ....time manage.

1 Thank navs78
Kingston, Canada
“too expensive, sour service, but fresh ingredients”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Kingstonians are easily impressed and need to leave the city every once in a while to diversify themselves because this Tata's is average at best. Overpriced and served by some surly attitude middle aged guy. He dealt some lip and when he was issued some back he kept to himself in his little corner. I was warned in advance that he was foul though . His pizza making skills were so so, the ingredients were fresh, the price was over the top. All in all, 4/10.

2 Thank Jonesey78