“all you can eat ribs”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Montana's BBQ & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 459 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Gardiners
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Quite a few years ago on a road trip across Canada - Vancouver to Toronto, we discovered and enjoyed Montana's and their all-you-can-eat ribs on Wednesday nights. Luckily we happened to be near a Montana's on a Wednesday night during this trip!

The all-you-can-eat ribs deal is just a $1 more than a full rack, and you can choose back or side, it's on pork ribs only. We all chose back ribs, I chose apple butter sauce, my husband chose chipotle honey, and our friend chose honey garlic. You also get 2 sides plus cornbread, I chose french fries and seasonal veggies (which happened to be grilled peppers and courgettes - probably the only 2 veggies I dislike!), my husband chose baked potato and corn, and our friend chose fries and corn. We had a lot of food!

I actually didn't even finish the full rack or the french fries, I left the veggies as I didn't like them, I did eat the cornbread though. My hubby and friend both managed an extra half rack each. I'm pretty sure that the full racks were much bigger than when we had them a few years ago, I definitely had another half rack then, and my husband probably had another full rack - he has hollow legs!

The ribs were really good, fall off the bone tender, and the apple butter sauce was amazing, in fact I bought a jar of the apple butter and the chipotle honey sauces to bring home with us.

We had a couple of beers each, not sure which one? Our server was great, very friendly and chatty, she was actually from the UK. When my husband asked for ''a half '' for his second beer she was the only server of the trip to understand, normally I would have to say ''a small one'' after he asked for a half.

My only complaint was the air-con, it was on full blast,it was absolutely freezing in there. I had to go back to the car and put a pair of leggings on under my shorts and put my thick hoodie on too.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff at this establishment are extremely friendly and accommodating with people who have food allergies. The quality of food has improved at Montana's over recent year, and I was completely satisfied with my meal and service. I recommend the chicken tacos.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My family and I have visited this chain , and specifically this location several times. Normally, the food and service is excellent. Our last visit however has left us with a very bad taste in our mouths , and honestly , I don't know if and when we will return. Our food was fine , as was our service, my complaint is the lack of awareness to diners, specifically those of us with young children. My wife and I took our two young children to dinner at 5:30 on a wednesday. We were seated in the family dining area , adjacent to a table with four women who were quite loud and rowdy. I literally had to yell so my four year old daughter could hear me over them. I wanted to say something to them, but my wife asked me not to make a scene. I understand Montana's cannot be held responsible for the actions of their patrons , but they can be held responsible for the actions of their staff. These four women had the bartender come to their table at least 4 to 5 times. Each time , the sexual innuendo and inappropriate comments worsened. It started when he brought some candied bacon and asked , "who wants to taste my meat?" , to which the women responded very loudly , but enjoyed it and played along. He then said as they were trying it, "careful…..you don't want to choke on my meat." Again , they played along. He followed with , "Wow! You can fit a lot of my meat in your mouth at once!", this went on and on. Again , I was going to confront him , but at my wife's request , I did not. Other families with young children witnessed this and also looked visibly upset. He was offering vodka shots, he was telling them he was single and was only 31, etc. This type of behaviour is acceptable and normal at the bar , in the evening. Not in the middle of the family dining area at 5:30 on a weekday. I would have expected the women be asked to move to the bar area, or at the very least , not have the staff encourage and add to this disgusting and very unprofessional behaviour. I spoke to our server about it as we were leaving , she apologized and said she understood why we were leaving abruptly. I also sent Montana's a letter with my concerns and to this day have not received a response.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had lunch here and the food and service were very good. The only negative comment - it is
extremely noisy and on top of that terrible music is blasting. Not a relaxing meal.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We chose this place for proximity to shopping and my daughter had been more than once. The first assault on the senses is the level of noise. This is a big restaurant and it was extremely busy. Our server was quick to get our gingerale and hot water and then our orders.
We had spicy shrimp to share. I made a point of requesting the warm squash with pear, pecans chicken and blue cheese salad be made up with apple instead. The order was not quick in coming, I assume due to how busy it was. Unfortunately, when it did arrive not only did my salad not have the squash it was also missing the pecans and the apples and chicken were cold. There was some confusion as to what had been ordered although eventually they agreed to take the offending salad back. Very soon after it was returned with maybe six pieces of stone cold squash and barely warm chicken with more balsamic dressing added for good measure.
I sent that one back for two wrongs, it should have been a brand new salad and the cold food that should have been warm, Much to my horror I was informed by the manager, at least she came to check out the problem, that the squash and chicken are warmed up in a microwave!
I made another selection, the soup was fine, the salad not so much, the half sandwich acceptable - although I should have said to serve it without the bread as I knew I would not eat it. All this delay resulted in my daughter finishing her meal before I had mine and my rushing to finish once I did finally have something edible.
I was quite disappointed when all they did was to delete my first selection but not offer to discount at least part of the meal.
I will never return.