“Great food, great view, tired dining room”
Review of AquaTerra

AquaTerra
Reserve with OpenTable
AquaTerra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: On the Waterfront in Downtown Kingston. Located at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Kingston Waterfront, AquaTerra offers spectacular waterfront views and a menu that focuses upon fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Extensive wine list. Private and semi-private dining. Planning a special dinner or event? We cater offering drop-offs, pick-up or full service at the location of your choice. Make a reservation or buy a gift certificate on our website. See you on the water!
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, great view, tired dining room”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

There is a lot of good to say about Aqua. The food is exceptional and very well priced, the views over Kingston Harbour are great and the service efficient. The meal reminded me of a European dining experience - a well priced three course menu, the amuse bouche and some eclectic food offerings. We enjoyed the food and will come back.

However, it could be a five star experience if they freshen up the room. The furniture is cheap, the carpet old and dirty and the room crowded. The atmosphere just didn't match the food. As it is located in a hotel you;re also likely to have large family groups which can detract from your experience if you're looking for something on the romantic side.

• Visited October 2013
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for this review. We are very pleased that you had so many positive comments to share about our restaurant. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the food, service, and views. We were surprised to read you comments about the décor however. Earlier this year our entire dining room underwent a massive renovation which was only just completed in mid July. Everything from the walls and carpets to the furniture and fixtures were replaced and our dining room is now very clean, sleek, and modern. We are glad that you plan on returning to dine with us again.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just had another outstanding experience at Aqua Terra. The details surrounding my visit are complicated, and as a result I was not able to enjoy a delicious meal at the restaurant, however, the customer service I experienced was excellent.

All staff members were present and available throughout the near two hours I spent in the establishment. Their team understood my visit and did a wonderful job at managing my expectations and needs. I know from experience how wonderful the fare at Aqua Terra can be - fresh, local, organic, seasonal, flavourful and on occasion fun and playful. Without hesitation I was able to recommend to my guests that they should choose items on the menu that they enjoyed, with the knowledge that they would not be disappointed.

If you wish for something delightful to bring joy to your palate, or, if like me, you need a place to set your executives or colleagues for a comfortable and yummy meal which highlights the quality of food and cuisine in Kingston in a convenient location - look no further.

As a Kingston native, and based on my repeated experience, I recommend that you do not miss a visit to Aqua Terra. When in Rome you know...

• Visited November 2013
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your very kind comments about our wonderful staff. We appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Kingston
“Great food, ambiance and service”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I took my wife for her birthday to Aqua Terra knowing that Clark is a world class chef. I was not disappointed. We were seated by the window overlooking the lake with a great view. They served us nice scallop appetizer at no cost, then we ordered nice salad which was split as we could not eat one each without fuss or extra cost. We order a nice bottle of wine with our risotto which was fantastic. Finished with a Chocolatini for my wife and an expreso for me. We would recommend this to anyone but be aware good food and service does cost a little more. :)

• Visited November 2013
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for deciding to dine with us on this special occasion and for sharing this wonderful review. We are glad to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed your meals. We hope to see you again!
Gatineau
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite the experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hi,

My girlfriend and I were in Kingston on September 14 and had reservations here. We were first seated near a room with a crowd who happen to be young girls and they happen to have fun but were loud.

We then asked for a new place to sit since we were celebrating our third year together, and wanted something more romantic. They were quite accommodating. A glass of bubbly was brought to the table since they were told about our third year together.

The meal had to be one of the best I've ever had and I love to cook eclectic foods. My girlfriend felt the same. In our 50's, we've come to appreciate the finer things.

Our waiter (Carlo or Marco, sorry, 6 weeks ago) was quite pleasant. He talked about moving from Toronto and got this job and is still there after 8 years. He says it's like a family there.

I ask for a McManis Merlot by the glass which was my choice but wasn't that impressed with it so the waiter, on his own because I didn't ask, gave me another one instead. You wouldn't see that at other places!!!!

Then we discussed about having a sommelier on the premises (Dorrie). She came over since I took some winemaking courses and we chatted. She also spoke French to me. Told her about the McManis Merlot that I personally didn't care for, at the risk of sounding pretentious and she said you have to try this other one which I got for free !!!!!!

My duck cassoulet was spectacular as was my girlfriend's seafood choice. Appetizers also looked great.

At the end, they sent us each a complimentary glass of icewine.

So the title fits, quite the experience. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for and in this case, we got a lot more than what we paid for.

Celebrating our special day at this place was extraordinary.

Look forward to going there again.

Maurice L in Ottawa

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Maurice L
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are delighted that you and your girlfriend decided to celebrate your third year together at our restaurant and we are glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable evening. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to Marco and Dorrie. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back the next time you are in Kingston.
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious, Amazing!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a high quality restaurant. Located on the Kingston Harbour. We had the pleasure of being seated by the window with a view of the harbour. I chose the fixed price menu. It offered a lot of choices. The apple parsnip soup, chicken with risotto and the dessert was exquisite, to finish the meal I was offered a Starbucks coffee. All this for only $32.00! If you like gourmet food you won't be disappointed. The service was perfect too. I will definitely be back in my next visit to Kingston.

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
It is absolutely wonderful to know that you loved our restaurant so much and that you will be back to visit us the next time you are in Kingston. We look forward to seeing you. Thank you very much for this great review.